• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Haley Joel Osment's Reddit AMA

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Haley Joel Osment's Reddit AMA

This. Was. Amazing. And utterly entertaining.

I can't even know where to begin. Generally speaking, he handled the questions like a freakin' pro. We've learned a bit of trivia about him (I particularly love that lizard part... Pete? Haha) and that "RIIIIKUUUUUU" was just wow.

Bless him and his work. He's a wonderful soul.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

HJO definitely deserves props for having stayed on that long, and answering so many questions. What a man!

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

That was an awesome Q&A. I like how he balanced joke questions with some really neat personal trivia and always provided entertaining answers. Suppose this means we'll be hearing more from him in the future.

It's going to be a race between him and Jesse McCartney to see who spills the beans first on KH3.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Okay, I finally got around to reading the whole interview, and I'm quite impressed. Haley's a very intelligent and interesting person, it seems. I look forward to hearing more from him in the future:)

Also, I love that he mentioned Game of Thrones (among other things). I wonder if he's a fan?

And you know... I would have loved to know if he's seen some of the KHIII reaction videos. But maybe we'll find out some other time? It might be hilarious to see his reactions to those. LOL. (Like when GRRM reacted to the Red Wedding reactions.)

It's also nice to finally know the truth behind the Haley Joel Osment/Harry Potter rumor after so long...

Gram

Banned
Awards

lol I'd hate to see the flowchart when he starts his kh3 recording.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Yeah that could be a problem. xD This was a nice AMA and it's nice to see that he's still invested in the series. I hope that he and David Gallagher will be willing to stay with the series for a while longer at least.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

They just won't have one I bet. When Ben Diskin asked for them to explain the story so far to him when he was recording for KH3D, the staff laughed and didn't even attempt to explain.

They should just show them the KH Timeline by GT for a simple (REALLY LONG) overview xD

Gram

Banned
Awards

They just won't have one I bet. When Ben Diskin asked for them to explain the story so far to him when he was recording for KH3D, the staff laughed and didn't even attempt to explain.

They should just show them the KH Timeline by GT for a simple (REALLY LONG) overview xD

The GT timeline would make them want to quit the job before they start given the length. xD

Antar

Awards

Cocochica33: What was your strategy for avoiding the child star meltdown that so many young actors and actresses seem to experience today?

HJO: I think the biggest determining factor was my parents. They made an enormous effort to keep me grounded and to make sure that I didn't slack off on school or the other aspects of my life that would be important whether or not my career went anywhere. My dad is a theater actor so he was a big influence in the way I focused on the work rather than the other "Hollywood" aspects of the business, and my mom, a sixth grade teacher, was adamant that I finish my education. I did graduate from NYU in 2011 and I'm glad she steered me that way!

I was also very lucky to work with directors and producers who treated young actors with respect and protected their welfare on set. Spielberg is very well known for caring about where his young actors end up. He sends personal holiday cards to my family to this day which is just mind boggling because his Rolodex must extend into the hundred thousands!

Best part. This whole AMA makes him more human in my eyes since I find it hard seeing actors as regular people.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Best part. This whole AMA makes him more human in my eyes since I find it hard seeing actors as regular people.

He's still not entirely human though, I mean he sees dead people <_<

In all seriousness, is anyone else shocked there weren't even more Kingdom Hearts questions? I realize the AMA wasn't that long (when it comes to AMA's) but I didn't realize he was known for so much more than KH and Sixth Sense, maybe that just goes to show how out of the loop I am on his career xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Haley Joel Osment&#039;s Reddit AMA

In all seriousness, is anyone else shocked there weren't even more Kingdom Hearts questions? I realize the AMA wasn't that long (when it comes to AMA's) but I didn't realize he was known for so much more than KH and Sixth Sense, maybe that just goes to show how out of the loop I am on his career xD

There were A BUNCH OF KINGDOM HEARTS QUESTIONS. Like half of the questions asked by people were KH and it was almost depressing for awhile because he isn't just KH, he's done a bunch of work. He just didn't answer them because there were a bunch of great questions not related to KH. Besides the fact I'm sure he probably already put himself in a sticky situation by mention KH3 so it was best he didn't answer a million KH questions.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

But possessing an ability to see dead people doesn't make him any less human... it's a gift...

There were A BUNCH OF KINGDOM HEARTS QUESTIONS. Like half of the questions asked by people were KH and it was almost depressing for awhile because he isn't just KH, he's done a bunch of work. He just didn't answer them because there were a bunch of great questions not related to KH. Besides the fact I'm sure he probably already put himself in a sticky situation by mention KH3 so it was best he didn't answer a million KH questions.

Which is a wise card to play, I believe.

It's so easy to associate someone with the work he is most known for, which in HJO's case is the KH franchise (at least for a number of us; some others around my age and older may also associate him with Cole Sear or David), that their other achievements are sidelined. I didn't know that there were actually a bunch of KH-related questions, but I'm glad that HJO entertained more non-KH questions since I got to learn more about his other works and a few interesting tidbits.

After all, it's an Ask-Me-Anything, which I personally believe would have been a shame if it were only dedicated for KH stuff.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Ah, thanks for the clarification, I was sadly unable to be anywhere near a computer at the time of the AMA so I didn't get to see the questions answered, I just assumed since there were only a few answered that that was the ratio of questioned asked. Good to know that at least there were questions and I think his lack of answering them all is justified ^_^

I will admit, I do not know him from too much more other than the Sixth Sense and KH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back