• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Haley Joel Osment

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardback247

Do any of you think that Haley Joel Osment's still got it as the voice of Sora, even at his age?

mytomxxx

He is still doing sora's voice? Tought the va changed. Sora's voice sounds different

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
He hasn’t been the proper “age” for Sora since KH1. Yes, I think he has the voice and replacing him would be an idiotic decision on Disney/SE's part.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'd be fine with KH3 being his last game, but I do love his voice. Even though he was horrible in DDD lol

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I've always loved comparing the differences between HJO's and Miyu Irino's take on Sora. (Same with Vanitas, obviously.) Voice acting is a passion of mine, so it's really interesting to compare how their performances can give the characters slightly different feels to them, despite having relatively the same script (translation differences play a part in the characterization as well). It's a bit hard to explain, and obviously this fluctuates slightly over every game and over time but at least in their older versions to me Miyu's Sora feels a bit more kind and sweet while HJO's is more "cool". Maybe?

While I vastly prefer the Japanese version (awesome cast all around) there's something special about the english cast that makes me keep importing the American copy so I can play through both. It would feel super weird for me to have Sora's English voice be someone else. (I'm also still not over losing Wayne Allwine.) Sure, I could get used to another voice actor, but then that would be a whole other take on Sora and who knows what that would be like.

(as an aside, I just wanted to also mention that I am still super bummed about losing the French, German and Spanish dubs this time around as well. That cast was all interesting in their own ways too, despite me not being fluent in any of those languages it was still interesting to hear.)

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
From what we've seen of Haley/Sora in KH3, I think he's doing a great job, and his voice work for Vanitas was really great as well. I don't think he should ever be replaced (unless he turns it down himself), but part of the problem in DDD is that he was trying to sound younger and it just didn't sound as natural. I hope they let Sora age a bit after KH3.

robotman

I think the his voice is great for Sora, his voice suits the character, especially after watching the trailers. The person whose voice needs some serious work is Kairi's. Her old voice actress did a great job in KH2, she sounded more mature, this new actress makes Kairi sound waaaayyyyyy too childish.

Hardback247

I think the his voice is great for Sora, his voice suits the character, especially after watching the trailers. The person whose voice needs some serious work is Kairi's. Her old voice actress did a great job in KH2, she sounded more mature, this new actress makes Kairi sound waaaayyyyyy too childish.

Why didn't they ask Hayden Panettiere back for KH3?

mytomxxx

I really disagree with you, for me both sounds pretty well

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Why didn't they ask Hayden Panettiere back for KH3?

In 2015, Hayden gave birth and she was struggling with postpartum depression and had been seeking treatment for a while after that. I don't know if they asked her to do work for 0.2 -- if they did, she might've turned them down for her health reasons and because she was filming Nashville or some other projects. But they probably locked Alyson Stoner in for Kairi (and Xion, probably) while was was recording for 0.2.

Rosebudx

Awards
I think his problem in DDD was the same problem in Re:CoM: he was trying to recreate the younger Sora voice and just didn't quite have that range in him anymore. It led to him sounding whiny and occasionally flat, which was simply no fun.

I just binged an LP of BBS, and I had forgotten how impressed I was by his take on Vanitas. We haven't really gotten to see a full game with him not trying to talk a little younger, and I've every confidence that once he's able to develop his Sora voice fully for III he'll be great.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
My only problem with Haley is that messy transphobic "comedy" flick he did a couple years back which made it hard to want to hear him as Sora for a while after I watched it.

But other than that I've always loved his performance in the KH games; Re:CoM suffers from bad voice acting across the board (not to mention a terrible script) so I don't single him out for that one, and in DDD I thought he was good. I like that he plays Sora straight even though the character generally has his head in the clouds: it makes those moments when he needs to be grounded dramatically more believable. And I've never had trouble suspending my disbelief on the issue of age for whatever reason: his grasp on the role just outweighs those technical concerns for me.

Also I agree with others that his Vanitas is a thing of beauty.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Moving forward, while I love him as Sora and never want to hear anyone else play Sora, he's getting older, and so is Sora. I really don't want to feel fatigued at these games one day. I'd like to have a definitive 'good bye' to Sora and friends.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Do any of you think that Haley Joel Osment's still got it as the voice of Sora, even at his age?
his voice continued to change after 19 its noticble mostly when he voices young sora but we shounldt see him too much anymore.

shady543

Awards
Eh tbh unpopular opinion time but I'm actually not 100% sold on what he has done so far for Sora in KH3 ether (he was worse in DDD though). His KH2 voice was the best one and its understandable why he's struggling to go back to that. His Vanitas voice is definitely perfect though and I didn't even know it was the same guy at first lol. I wonder how he will go voicing the two at the same time for their interactions like in Monsters Inc, or would he voice all their lines separately? :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back