• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► Hagrid Can Fly!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddta1177

I was just starting my readthrough of the Harry Potter series (again) and i noticed in the Sorcerer's Stone something that i've never noticed before, Hagrid said that he flew to the hut on the rock in chapter 5 page 64. But in book 7 everyone is shocked and surprised that Voldemort can fly during the battle of the seven Harrys, and snape can only fly because he learned it from Voldemort so how does Hagrid fly? Many say the motorcycle from Sirius but why would he just leave it on the hut on the rock when he takes the rowboat back with harry. In book 7 it says he can't ride a broomstick or a thestral so that's out of the question. Maybe he pulled a Mary Poppins and used his umbrella to get across the water with magic? What are your theories and are there any J.K. Rowling interviews containing the answers to this question?

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
He must have used a vanishing spell on the motorcycle after he landed. I guess he just conjures it back when he needs it. But then again, Hagrid only studied for three years and vanishing spells are said to be one of the hardest at Ordinary Wizarding Level. Especially on more complicated objects. Maybe he continued learning and practicing magic in secret by himself.

Either way, we're definitely thinking way too much into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back