• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► .hack//Redirection// Part One

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
WARNING: This fiction may contain PG-13 langauge, situations, and fights.

Chapters:
Chapter 1
Login 02 (Offline 01)
Login 03
Login 04 (Offline 02)

\\- After an incident in CC Corp's headquarters, a fire destroyed a large amount of data in the famous game "The World" In the year 2015, it is brought back to life, spliced with data from the game "Crimson King" Creating 'The World R:2' After learning that their character data could not be transferred, many players quit the game. Still selling 12 gallion copies, The World R:2 still paled in comparison to it's predecessor of 20 million. In this new world, Player Killing is a common activity, Guilds have a political control over the users, and CC Corp stands behind the lines while the users wage war on each other... What will become of The World now? -//

-User Registration Complete-
-
"Welcome to The World."
-​

Login 01-//After a slightly buzzing noise, Jin's Player Character appeared next to the gate. After clearing several tutorial proposals, he heard somebody enter the area. A large wolf-ish Edge Punisher walked briskly over to him, and knocked him to the ground. "Scram noob. I've got business to attend to." Jin glared at him, but common sense overtook him. As the door closed behind him, the text 'Mac Anu' appeared and then faded away in his sight. After a few seconds, a soft background music entered his ears, including flowing water and many conversations.

Jin marveled at the game's graphics, and took notice of his own character. His flaming red, long, flowing hair was tied back into a medium length ponytail. With his pale skin, he had a mainly red and white set of clothing. His long-sleeved shirt, neither a midrift or normal sized, was a blood-red with a white line straight down the middle of the chest and sleeves. Two white diamonds stood on the red of the shirt, one on each side of the chest. A white scarf was wrapped across his shoulders and neck, allowing the two ends to trail behind him as he ran. With some of his pale abdomen exposed, he had a black belt with two large fans attached. His pants, a clean deep red, with the same white diamonds near the bottom, flowed easily and allowed free movement. His eyes golden, he had soft features, but seemed to have a sharpness underneath. Instead of having markings on his face or chest like most PC's, he had red diamonds on the back of his hands.

Dance Macabres weren't the most popular of class, but that made it all the more appealing to Jin. He glanced around the root town, noticing many of the users had formed several cliques of Jobs. He noticed users walking around yelling out prices of items, and advertising to join some -as they said- great guild. He sighed, grinning slightly, At least the game hasn't changed that much... Next to him, a male Blade Brandier walked clearly into a wall.

"Ack!" he cried, and started to apologize to the wall, only realizing what it was after a few seconds. She noticed Jin and blushed, turned and ran off toward the gate room. A female Flicker, obviously of much higher level, smirked and followed the newbie. Jin frowned, but didn't move until both had entered the gate.

Luckily, Jin caught the keywords of the flicker as they gated out. "?! Passing Bursted Field!" The graphics around him flickered, and then transformed into a large plain, a large chapel in front of him. The Flicker was no where in sight, but the Blade Brandier was there. He noticed Jin and pointed an accusing finger at him, "You're not here to PK me, are you?!" Jin cocked his head and asked,
"PK? What's that mean?" The Blade blinked,
"You mean, you don't know? I'm a newbie and even I know!" Jin shrugged and said, "Sorry, I've played the original, but I've never heard of the term PK." The blade shrugged back,
"Well, you'll learn what it is eventually. I'm Zega, nice to meet you. How about we go conquer this dungeon?" Jin smiled, and nodded.

Upon entering the chapel, they realized it was much larger than the outside said. By the second room, a magic portal activated. A large goblin jumped out, slightly taller than Jin, and charged toward them with its dagger. Zega drew his sword, but panicked and hid behind a statue. Jin smirked, and opened his fans. He sliced twice, first at the right shoulder, second at the stomach. Its body split in half, turning gray and dissipating into pixels. A small 50 EXP appeared above both Zega's and Jin's head. Jin smiled, "See? It isn't that scary." Zega stuck out his tongue,

"This isn't my first time playing. I'm just still learning. I play at my friend's house every day. At about noon, or so. I'm just not used to the controller, is all." Jin laughed, and closed his fans, waving his right one toward the next door.
"Well, come on! Or you'll be left behind."
After a few rooms, Jin noticed he had lost Zega. He sighed, "Newbies. I told him to keep up." He pushed two small doors open, and ended up on a terrace in front of the treasure room. He almost cried out with joy, but he heard something else instead. Zega's scream pierced the room again, his bloodied PC scrambled toward the chest, tripped over it, and screamed there on the floor.

The flicker from earlier giggled, "Little little newbie, wriggle on the floor. You be good for Shini or she'll let you play no more!" She sliced at Zega's throat with a silver handled scythe, the last trickle of blood coming out of it. Several items fell from Zega's bag, pretty much every item he had on him. "There we go. Not that bad for a newb... I can probably get 500 GP for this. I guess this was worth it." Meanwhile, up on the small terrace, Jin was horrified.

Wha...What the hell?! She killed him? She killed his Play-- He realized the meaning. Shini looked up and smiled, "Little boy, come on down!" she winked at him, attempting to use her Female PC's looks to fool him. Jin only glanced at her and instantly gated out back to town. He learned against a wall to catch himself as he was flung out by the gate. "I was wrong... This game changed a lot..." He noticed another user get followed by an obvious PKer. He gulped, "A whole lot..."

Jin logged in at about noon the next day. Zega didn't show up. He had quit the game.

Login 01- End//

Last edited:

Savior of Dawn

*Note to those uneducated in traditional Japanese wear: Juban is traditionally the robe that goes underneath the kimono. I hear it’s rather lightweight and much more comfortable than the heavy kimono. If you still don’t understand, it’s basically ancient Japanese lingerie.
**Also note: I will often use slang for certain character classes. Sometimes, instead of typing out ‘Dance Macabre’ I will type something like Dancer, or instead of ‘Blade Brandier’ I’ll type Blade. Just to avoid confusion.
***When a phrase is bolded and underlined it is a skill. For those curious, I’ll have a guide to skills in each chapter before it’s posted:
Wind Slash: Level 1; Dance Macabre skill. User uses fans to send a wave of powerful wind toward enemy. (Made up skill)
Flame Dance: Level 3; Dance Macabre skill. User’s fans burst into flame, allowing user to shoot off flames in a small radius, and to deliver strong physical damage, with fire attributes. (Made up Skill)
Staccato: Level 1; Basic Twin blade skill. Fast-pased slashing (Actual skill. Twin Blade Actual Skills)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Offline 1// I read an article mentioning how CC Corp rarely does administrative events anymore. Apparently members make their own events now. I wonder what it’s like...

Login 02-// As soon as Jin logged in, a small blue haired Harvest Cleric grabbed him by the sleeve and dragged him away into town. She wasn’t greatly short, reaching about Jin’s chest, but she simply didn’t give off ‘big vibes’ Her blue hair was short, a little past the middle of her neck. She wore a vibrantly coloured juban*, a light purple with various bright flowerings all over. Her feet bore basic wooden sandals. Jin grinned slightly, She looks like a cosplayer! he thought. They approached an open area, where somebody was standing on a stone block talking to a small crowd. It wasn’t until they got closer that Jin realized this was far beyond a ‘person’.

The man had extremely wolfish features, yet no fur, excluding his wolf’s tail. His tan skin was rippling with muscles, his teeth fang-like, even his nails resembled claws. His sideburn were so thick it seemed as if he simply shaved off his face fur. Each word he spoke sounded something like a growl. If that wasn’t enough, he was big enough to pick up a small PC and put it on his shoulder. “Bai-kun!” yelled the girl, waving her free arm toward the wolf-man. “Got the last one!” The wolf man smiled warmly and waved Jin over. Jin looked around and noticed pairs of each character class. One male, and one female.
“Rogues! Blades! Dancers, Gunners, Warlocks! Come forth and meet your destiny! We have randomly chosen you according to class and gender. One male and one female of each class. You are now challenged to prove yourself in a battle race! After receiving the keyword, you are to enter the area and reach the treasure room. First PC to reach the treasure room gets three prizes! A special weapon for your class, provided by this lovely maiden..” The cosplay girl curtsied slightly, giggling.
“That’s me!” The wolf-man smiled.
“Yes, a topic posed on the BBS specially congratulating the winner and... our member addresses! What’s the worth of that? Well, I shall answer that question by introducing myself. I am Baine, the Edge Punisher and she is--” he was cut off by the girl,
“The lovely maiden Shino! A harvest cleric!” She smiled and held up her fingers in a ‘V’ formation, winking.

Several members of the small crowd gasped. A twinblade blurted, “THE Baine and Shino? Ex-members of the Player Punisher’s guild?!” Baine laughed and nodded his head,
“Yes, the Blaine and Shino.” he smiled as many of the people murmured to themselves and nodded their heads. Jin simply send out a puzzled look. “Anyways,” continued Blaine, “Once you have our member addresses, we will be willing to help you at any time you request. Given we’re online. Now, do all of you agree to this challenge?” After a few seconds, every single PC in the crowd raised their hand, including Jin. This could be interesting, besides, I need to level up! Jin smiled inside. Blaine clapped his hands and boomed, “Good! Allright, here is the keyword: ? Hidden Player Hunter!” As soon as the last word echoed across the square, every single player took off to the gate, warping as soon as possible.

Jin instantly understood why it was called a challenge. The area was more than a place to race, it was a challenge in it of itself. Instead of a general scenery area, it was a fortress, composed of steel and earth, it took up most of the area. The gates stood open, but every area seemed practically guarded by monsters. The PCs only glanced at each other and took off in various directions. An Adept Rogue headed toward the closest open gate, but was intercepted by a large zombie samurai. He was cleanly sliced in two, the graphics fading gray and dissipating. Nobody headed that direction.

Jin noticed a ladder off to the side of the fortress, but a patrol of two goblins was right above it. As quietly as possible, he climbed up the ladder, reaching the top and peeking over. None of the goblins were there. That’s odd, I thought.. As soon as he climbed up, the goblins jump out from behind the wall, and lunged at him from behind. “Wind Slash!***” He yelled, swinging his dual fans. Both goblins split horizontally, fading gray and disappearing into pixels. The sentry spot gave a fantastic view of the area, the treasure room standing obviously in the middle of a labyrinth, guarded by many monsters. He noticed the area seemed to have a strong wind flow, especially high up on the fortress sentry area. Strong enough to... He toyed with it, and figured the idea was worth it. He’d probably be killed by monsters on foot anyways. “Wind Slash!” he yelled. This time repeating the action with the strong wind. After a few seconds of falling, the combined wind and skill managed to push him onto the next sentry wall. He repeated over and over, reaching the middle.

As he reached the middle area, he almost fell off the wall surrounding the door to the treasure room, panicking as a zombie samurai patrolled around. His flailing managed to push him inside, letting him land with a dull thud on his stomach. Grimacing, he noticed the door from outside the wall push open. The two twinblades entered. The female one laughed, “Hah! See? I told you twin blades should stick toge-” She was stopped short by the male Twin blade, who had just slit her throat from behind. He scratched his nose and smirked,
“Too easy.” He picked up the dropped items and headed toward the treasure room trap door. He froze as he saw Jin standing and staring. “Oh, uh, hey! Why don’t we share the treasure, you and me...” He started to approach Jin, “together!” He thrust himself forward, activating an ability. “Staccato!” He yelled, slashing at Jin. Jin dodged the first few blows and jumped off the wall, “Wind Slash!” He swung his fans toward the Twin Blade, sending a wave of sharp wind at his head. The blow knocked him off balance, allowing Jin to land behind him. Jin’s PC glowed for a few seconds, and a small noise emanated across the room. I leveled up! Let’s see what I got.. He smirked. The Twin Blade had gotten back to his feet and glared at Jin, “What are you smirking at?” Jin shook his head,
“Nothing, actually. Nothing. Flame Dance!

Jin’s fans burst into flame, matching perfectly with his fiery appearance. He danced madly at the mystery Twin blade, sending flames out all around. After several hits, the Twin Blade was taken to the ground.
“Dammit!” He yelled, as his character flashed red. “I underestimated you, you bastard. I’m Twitch, Ex-member of Player Punishers. You better remember it, punk.” He gated out. Jin frowned, “I probably will. Oh well.” He shrugged and opened the trap door, revealing a large room below. He jumped below, opening the large treasure chest in front of the large statue.
Jin received ‘Sakura Fans!’​
A giggle came from the dark behind him. Jin opened his new fans (White decorated with painted on Sakura flowers. It smelled nice) and glared into the blackness. Blaine and Shino stepped out, revealing themselves. Shino sat on Blaine’s shoulder. Blaine was smiling widely. “Congratulations!” he boomed, “You won! Uh, who are you?” Jin smiled and put his fingers out in a ‘V’ formation. “Jin, the level 3 Dance Macabre!” Blaine gaped at him, “Level 3? And you survived this area?!” Jin nodded, “Aye. I played the original version of The World, though.” Shino giggled again, “What an odd little guy! Kinda cute” Jin blushed, “Still, he won. You already got your first prize!” A window popped up on Jin’s screen, displaying
You have received Blaine’s and Shino’s member addresses!​
Jin grinned widely, “Well, I’ll call you guys sometime. Though, I do have one question...” Blaine looked at him, puzzled, “You’ve never heard of us? Well, I guess you are new to R:2... I was the guildmaster. We were a player killer guild.” Jin stepped back, only slightly, Blaine frowned, “Oh, no! Not the malicious kind. We were mercenaries. People would hire us to PK other players. Some guild member, some annoying newbie, spammers, stalkers, cheaters, whatever. Gaming politics like that. We did it for the GP. We were an elite, but still very large group... Until one day. The guild betrayed me. Some Guildmaster hired my entire guild to PK me. Shino, a new member, managed to warn me before it happened. Thanks to her, I still play this game. Though, I disbanded the guild after that. Only an idiot wouldn’t.” Jin looked at him, and stepped forward.
“Have you ever heard of somebody called Twitch, or Shini?” Blaine frowned,
“Yes, they were some of the higher up members... They were the ones that set up my ambush. Twitch was a hacker, but got caught by CC Corp. He paid them off to let him create a new account. Shini was a deadly strategizer, though she really enjoyed killing newbies. ‘Fresh blood’ she used to say. She often tricked the male ones by undressing her PC.” He paused, and pointed at Jin, though not threateningly, “Why? What happened?” Jin closed his fans, and put them on his belt. “Well, they’re back to PKing. And they might come after me... but, no worries. I know this game, and I’m leveling up.” Blaine folded his arms, still impressed a level 3 managed to get through a high level area.
“Ever considered becoming a Guildmaster?” Jin laughed,
“Who hasn’t?” and gated out.

Login 02- End//

Last edited:

Savior of Dawn

gene chaos said:
i like it very nice question though isn't the game played by little kids too so why is there blood?

...Last I checked, The World was a T online game, 'Rated T for teen (Gaming experience might change during play)' or Online T (Meaning basically M, but the programmers didn't put the M material really in) No, it isn't played by 'Little Kids'. And there's blood in The World. Not a lot, especially in the actual game, but blood shows up in the fictional The World.

You do realize this is a FAN FICTION of the series .hack//, yes?

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Well I only had time to read the first login. I enjoyed it. You described things very well. The game was a great series though wasn't it? I need to finish my .hack roleplay. Oh back on topic. I can't wait to read the second and following. I'm hoping the storlyine you write with this goes into depth.

Savior of Dawn

LimitLess said:
Well I only had time to read the first login. I enjoyed it. You described things very well. The game was a great series though wasn't it? I need to finish my .hack roleplay. Oh back on topic. I can't wait to read the second and following. I'm hoping the storlyine you write with this goes into depth.

Personally, I'm disappointed with my first login ending. I think I was a bit too blunt on what happened. Still, I'm glade you enjoyed it. ^-^

I'll try to get the third login tomorrow. Latest will be Friday.

Henskie

I'm Batman
I enjoyed your story maybe when I get my first couple of chapters up of my new fanfic about .hack you will check it out

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
This is my reaction now:
Reaction
Its a really good Fan Fic! Why you chose to use Shino's name in it? .hack rocks! Yes it is rated M supposedly for sexual themes and vulgar language. Blackrose says lots of it too. Overall, great detail, I can even see the scarlet blood flowing out of Zega's neck. And I can see shino acting like that. And a very unexpected class you chose. I would of chose Edge punisher or Adept Rouge. Your like Yata!

Savior of Dawn

twilight_dragon said:
This is my reaction now:
Reaction
Its a really good Fan Fic! Why you chose to use Shino's name in it? .hack rocks! Yes it is rated M supposedly for sexual themes and vulgar language. Blackrose says lots of it too. Overall, great detail, I can even see the scarlet blood flowing out of Zega's neck. And I can see shino acting like that. And a very unexpected class you chose. I would of chose Edge punisher or Adept Rouge. Your like Yata!

In all honesty, when I see a post in my fic topic, I react like this:

Clickie

(Hope you don't mind me stealing your pic. xP)

I really wanted an obscurity to it. A normal member, with a different class. And I liked the name Shino, so I put it in. xD

Savior of Dawn

Login 03-//
*Blood of Blades: Blade Brandier, Lv.6. Blades shoot out crystalized blood delivering damage that’s worth 10% of the last defeated enemy’s HP. (Made-up skill)
**Dragon’s Twin: Blade Brandier, Lv.8. Allows user to wield two weapons at once, damage and speed is increased. (Made-up skill)
***Healing Wind: Dance Macabre/Harvest Cleric, Lv.5. Heals party 300 HP. (Made-up skill)
****Japanese for Strength and Magic. (Chikara= Strength, Majikku=Magic)
*****Zan Divider: Harvest Cleric, Lv.10 A spell that protects the selected targets from any physical attack level 3 or below. (Made-up skill)
******Gam Smash: Edge Punisher, Lv.16 A skill that allows the user to send a shockwave through the earth, and send large boulders toward nearby enemies. (Made-up skill)
*******This is just the author’s interpretation of The Arena, and is not a factual representation of The Arena in the .hack// G.U. game.

Official BBS
Topics:​
Congratulations:
Poster: Blain
Message: Congratulations to the User Jin, a level 3 Dance Macabre. After braving the deadly area ?Hidden Player Hunter! His prize was Sakura Fans (A level 5 Dance Macabre weapon) The user’s Blaine and Shino’s member addresses, and this topic of congratulation.
Replies:
Look out:
Poster: Twitch
Message: Next time I see you, I kill you. Got it? You’re dead meat noob.
*Slap*
Poster: Shino

New Topic-
Player Arena
Poster: CC Corporation
Message: The player arena has been opened! Player can now fight each other in an arena for ranking and honor. Items are not allowed in the arena.

Login,
Welcome to The World​

Jin noticed a large area added to the root town. A giant coliseum-like building north of the gate. Soft sound came from it, the roars of a crowd, the screams of fighters, and the annoyed voices of those waiting to get access. Jin smiled, Maybe this’ll cut down on PKing. he thought. After leaving the gate area, he sent out a flash message to Blaine and Shino. “We’ll probably head out to some area. Maybe we’ll check out the Arena later, eh?” He leaned against a wall, waiting to hear the footsteps of a gigantic wolf-man and the giggles of a hyper harvest. He closed his eyes, only opening them to find a pair of perky breasts in front of them. He recoiled slightly, looking up. He held back the instinct to run. Shini giggled and put her arm up against the wall, pushing her PC closer to Jin.
“How’ve ya be Jinny?” Jin gulped, he had never seen her PC up close. It was obvious why somebody might call her the ‘Seductive Killer’. Any heterosexual male could take one look at that and trail her all day. Her outfit was simple enough, a black, rather exposing, ‘bra’, black and silver miniskirt, with the lines of a black thong sticking out on her hips. Her long boots crawled up her calves, reaching a little under 3/4 the way up to her knee. Her fair skin stood in contrast of the dark clothing, leaving very little to the imagination. She had small black wings on the back of the bra-like piece of clothing, no larger than a few feet long. It looked like a cheat item, but it was impossible to tell in a place like The World. She had sharp green eyes underneath small, seductive glasses. Her silver hair reaching halfway down her neck. Her lipstick was a deep scarlet, Jin briefly wondered if it was blood from PCs she had PKed. Many PCs walked by and gave Jin dirty looks, jealous of how close Shini was to him.
“Fine, actually.” He said, just barely inching away from her imposed cage. “I was waiting for Blaine and Shino.” Shini pushed herself even closed to Jin, her breasts practically crushing his chest,
“Really now? My old friends. We should meet up sometime.” She tapped him on the nose, “Well, see you around Jinny.” and released herself from him. Jin stopped himself from breathing too loudly. Many male PCs mouthed ‘Lucky!’ at him, he simply was grateful weapons couldn’t be used in root towns.

The shock of Shini’s visit had made him forget entirely about his flash mail to Shino and Blaine. Instead, he ran off into Mac Anu, trying to find a secluded spot to be alone. Besides, he thought to himself, I want to be as far as possible from Shini. After a few moments of self-encouragement, he brought himself to cautiously leave the secluded alleyway. Once again he heard the advertisements of guilds, this time sparking a memory to his mind. ”Ever considered becoming a guildmaster?” He sat down on a nearby crate, pondering upon the subject. A guild would be fun... I’d have an @home where I could meet everybody...And nobody could bug us. His mind flashed to Shini crushing his PC Nobody! This might not be half bad He sat up straight, tightening his fingers into a fist saying out loud “I’ll become a guildmaster!” Nobody noticed, but he still blushed and acted embarrassed.

Jin entered the area with a large sign displaying ‘Guild Creation’ . Underneath the sign stood an NPC, behind a desk with paperwork. Many newbies hoping to be guildmasters sat around the general area, sweating over the paperwork. After finishing, they turned it in, and ran off toward the gate. Jin nodded to the NPC as he grabbed a clipboard with a piece of paper stuck to it. He filled out various information (Username, email, guild user agreement) and handed it to the NPC.
“Thank you.” said the NPC, “The keyword will be the location of your guild quest. A stray grunty will inform you of the details. If you finish the quest, the grunty will transform into your Guild’s grunty. From there, you can return here and finish up Guild Registration. After you’re registered, you can inform your grunty of any member or ownership changes. Good luck.” Jin nodded, and thanked the NPC. ? Dancing Fire Demons.. Huh, sounds interesting.... Still paranoid, he snuck over to the gate, leaving as quickly as possible. A few seconds later, Blaine And Shino logged in. “Ji-kuuun! Ji-kun!” called Shino, scanning the general area, “Where is he?” She frowned, pouting on Blaine’ shoulder.

The area was a vast desert, large cacti formed gigantic structures giving an odd contrast of green and a muddled brown. A small grunty with a straw traveling hat walked up to Jin and bowed low. “Greetings prospective Guildmaster. I have come with a quest for you. You see, my favorite hat is missing. An evil goblin inhabits one of these cacti, and he’s been wearing my hat! Could you please retrieve it?” Jin nodded, the grunty bowed again. “Thank you!”
The goblin’s cactus was rather easy, the largest and most castle like one. Exploring the castle as the hard part. Shit, this thing is huge. thought Jin as he wandered across the moist floors. Several encounters of goblin guards slowed his progress, but he managed to drag himself to the top of the castle. The EXP was nothing terrible either. The topmost level was the king’s throne room, a small stream surrounded the area. The castle’s walls practically bled water, allowing the stream to flow all around. The goblin king sat upon his green, fleshy throne, seemingly bored. At his side was the a small hat, perfectly sized for a grunty. Jin attempted to duck behind some of the sculptures that lines the stream, but to no avail.
“Show yourself!” barked the Goblin king, spit flying several feet away from his mouth. His teeth, sharp and yellow, were rather rotten. His eyes bore the same yellow as his teeth, sludge like and murky. Overall, he looked like he needed a good visit from a dentist, shower, eye clinic, and possibly a chiropractor. He bore a cruel and terrible sword at his side, several blades sticking out from it’s side. Jin regretted his next action.
“I am a traveler! A friend of mine has lost their hat! You seem to have it!” The goblin king spat from his throne, narrowly missing Jin. “NO! This hat is mine. The insolent fool entered my territory, and he barely escaped. This is my trophy.” Jin laughed,
“Really now? That’s too bad.” The goblin king frowned, “I’ll just have to take it from you.” Jin opened his fans, and charged the goblin king. “Wind Slash!” yelled Jin, spinning, sending a strong wave of wind toward the goblin’s abdomen. The king blocked it with his sword, spitting on the floor again.
“Fool! I am the king of goblins, I am much stronger.” His eyes changed from a sludge yellow to a blood red, his sword began to drip with actual blood. “Let the blood of my past foes destroy you... Blood of Blades!*” He swung his sword, flinging crystalized blood from its blades. The king body turned a blood red, as did the room. “Dragon’s Twin!**” yelled the King. The sword in his right hand duplicated itself, creating an exact copy in his left. He began to move faster, the crystals sharper and much more deadly. At first, all Jin could do was duck behind his sculpture. “Come, little weakling, come out and play!” spat the goblin, his saliva not acidic, burning small holes in the ground. Jin sighed, Well, this is a roleplay game.. He stood up, and came out from the cover of the sculpture. The goblin stopped momentarily, to listen to him. Jin used one of the fans to cover his face, behind it he declared in an overly noble voice,
“By the fire in my blood, begone! Flame Dance!” he opened his second fan, both exploding into flame. He heaved in and out, an elaborate dance blocking the blood crystals and advancing toward the goblin. When he was within an arm’s reach, the goblin swung both at Jin, in an attempt to carve him open. Jin ducked and made a rapid spin, not only sending the goblin onto his back, but sending an inferno of flames out from his lit fans. “Dance, you fool, dance!” yelled Jin in his noble voice, slashing intricately onto the goblin, leaving a smoldering corpse. A small 500 appeared above his head, and his PC glowed with light.
Jin learned ‘Healing Wind***’!​
Jin happily did a little victory dance, and adorned himself with the grunty’s missing hat. After once again sloshing through the fleshy labyrinth of the cactus, he met up with the grunty. He took the hat off his own head, and placed his cheerfully onto the grunty’s. “Thank you!” said the grunty. A strong light emanated from the grunty as it turned white, and transformed into an odd grunty version of Jin. It’s pants were awkward on it, as well it’s little shirt. It only had one fan, a slightly bigger version of one of Jin’s Sakura fans. It still had the grunty hat, a white with Sakura all over it. Jin found it rather adorable, especially with it’s ponytail. “Master! Let us finish Guild registration now! ~Dansu!” he gated out, taking Jin with him.

Jin smiled warmly as he saw the little grunty pull itself up to the NPC’s desk, and speak to it. It waddled back to him, a large grin plastered on its face. “Jin! The NPC wants to know the Guild’s name, what will it be? ~Dansu.” Jin held his chin, thinking for a few seconds. “Ah, we can call it Player Aide”
“Player Aide?” asked the grunty, “You sure? ~Dansu” Jin nodded. It waddled back to the desk and notified the NPC. The NPC nodded and handed the grunty a small machine, about the size of it’s chest. It took it’s time walking awkwardly over to Jin. When he managed to get over, Jin lifted the machine from the poor little thing and he sighed with relief. “Thank you. I get to show you to your @home!” Jin felt awkward falling a skipping little grunty version of himself, holding a Bizarre machine he had never seen. Eventually, the little grunty stopped in front of a large house, nearby Mac Anu’s river. “Welcome home!” said the grunty, spreading his arms wide. He jumped up, opening the door. Inside was was a fairly large room. To the left of the room was a door, which was tightly closed shut. In the middle stood a long table, with many chairs. On it’s side were stairs leading to a door. The door was wide open, revealing in there was a room with maps of every Root Town and a shelf with various scrolls. From there, another set of stairs led to a small office sized room with a single desk and various writing knick-knacks all around. The grunty danced about, “This is your @home! This room is the meeting and general room. Upstairs is the map room, which contains maps of all root towns and every area you’ve ever visited. The topmost room is for you, the guildmaster, to write various messages. If you write a letter up there, it can be send directly to CC Corp, a certain member, or any/all of your guild members! It also has a directory of other guilds. The door on our left leads to the Guild Shop, which is currently empty. Once you enter it and stock it, it will appear next to the @home.” It paused for a breath, “Any questions?” Jin laughed,
“Yah, just two. What’s your name?” The grunty giggled and dance about, waving its fan. “I’m Dance-runty! But you can call me Dansu for short. What else?” Jin lifted the odd machine, “What’s this for?”
“Oh!” cried Dansu, “That’s the guild machine! It lets you make three things: A map to the @home, member keys, and guest keys! Member keys are given to users that you want to be a member, guest keys give temporary access to that member until they join or the card is deleted. You can set it on your desk. Oh, I forgot to mention. You’re currently ranked as the lowest guild in The World at #576. Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll rise!” Dansu bowed low, and hopped onto the meeting table. “Well, I’ve said enough. You’ve probably got things to do so, Bai-bai!” it smiled, waving it’s fan in goodbye.

After enjoying the craftsmanship of the @home, Jin suddenly came to a shocking realization. I left Shino and Blaine behind! Inwardly, he scolded himself for forgetting and headed off toward the gate. The two stood out like a sore thumb, and Jin couldn’t find them anywhere. Maybe they went to the Arena.., he went off to the Omega server. As his PC entered the area, the background music hit him sharply, as well as the noise of crowds. Apparently the server was popular, a big battle was about to begin. Jin pushed and shoved his way over to the Arena, trying to see who was planned to fight. Instead of seeing the battle sign, he was picked up by a large Edge Punisher.
“Where the hell were you?!” yelled Blaine, Shino sticking her tongue out at him on his shoulder. He set Jin aside out of the crowd.
“Sorry!” cried Jin, “I got a bit...” his mind flashed back to Shini, “Sidetracked. Good news, though, I made a guild!”
“What?!” cried Blaine, “You did a guild quest all on your own? You survived?” Jin nodded, Blaine boomed with laughter. “Sheesh, you’re more than the average newb, that’s for sure!” Jin blushed as Shino hopped down and kissed him on the cheek, congratulating him. “I’m not sure if that’s a compliment or an insult” he said sheepishly as Shino continued to embrace him. “Oh! I forgot. You two are also honorary members of Player Aide!” He displayed two member cards, with the emblem of Dansu’s Sakura fan, slightly open with his winking face behind it. Both Blaine and Shino took it gratefully.
“Ji-kuuun!” yelled Shino, over the roar of the crowd, “We got in trouble!” Blaine nodded mournfully, “I forgot to tell you. Twitch got some PKer flunkies, and he challenged us to a fight in the Arena. It’s big news for our fans, apparently.” Jin smiled, which surprised Blaine, “No worries. You’re not alone. We’re Player Aide after all, shooting for the top!” Blaine grinned, and Shino cackled, “Now we get to show you and the world what the power of Chikara and Majikku****.”

A large gong rung, and six PCs entered the arena. The arena was packed full, not only due to today being it’s grand opening, but this was a special fight. To the south, Team Killer. To the north, Team Player Aide (Guild). As Jin approached the team for their beginning handshake, he finally got a close look at Twitch. His costume consisted of black and green, the clothes were generally tattered, and his black hair was messy, spiky, and seemed to move in waves. His pants seemed dirty, while his shirt had shredded sleeves. His blades were cruelly curved, and covered with angry symbols. Appropriate to his name, his left eye seemed to twitch every few seconds. When Blaine said ‘flunkies’ Jin assumed it would be Twitch and some beginner players he conned into it. It wasn’t until he noticed that Twitch wasn’t leading the group that dread began to grip his heart. The leader had light, fair skin, and medium length silver hair. She had a black miniskirt, long boots that seemed to crawl up her legs, and a bra-like top. By the time they were 100 paces apart from each other, Jin was ready to run. Somehow, he just knew he couldn’t defeat Shini. He relaxed slightly when he saw their third party member, a Steam Gunner. It seemed he was a last-minute choice, since he was so cheery he actually waved happily when he saw Jin and wished him luck. Jin and Shini shook hands, she winked at him, Jin simply whimpered. They walked back to opposite ends of the arena, and the gong sounded again. The NPC voice echoed across the crowd,
“BEGIN!”

Zan Divider!!*****” yelled Shino. She had left Blaine’s shoulder and stood with a fierce expression by his side. Translucent blue spheres surrounded Jin, Blaine, and Shino. Shino pointed her staff, an intricately decorated sky blue staff with a sapphire at the top, toward the opposite end of the arena. “Run!” She yelled, “This spell will protect you from all physical attacks Level 3 and below! I can’t keep it up forever, though!” Jin was much faster than the bulky Blaine, but not fast enough to reach the end. He slowed down and met up with Blaine.
“Throw me!” cried Jin,
“What?!” boomed Blaine, nearly stopping in surprise.
“Throw me!” Jin repeated. Blaine shrugged and picked him up, tossing him toward the other team. Twitch met him halfway. Jin landed and berserked on Twitch, taking full advantage of the spell. Every one of Twitch’s attacks were repelled by the sphere, while Jin slaughtered him. After 30 seconds of block, attack, repel, the sphere disappeared. Jin heard a high pitched ‘Sorry!’ from across the arena. Poor Shino was still running across the arena, far behind Blaine.
“Nothing to protect you now.” spat Twitch, smirking. It was twitches turn to berserk.
“No, thanks.” said Jin, smiling plainly. “Wind Slash!” he yelled. Instead of the usual slashing motion, he danced away, letting the wind flow as wildly as his spirit. Twitch blocked some, but got hit by many. Twitch growled and pulled out a scroll, after it lit, he moved insanely faster. Jin reached a disadvantage. Behind him, Shino and Blaine had reached his end of the Arena. Shini had been waiting, and she stood with her eyes closed as Blaine charged her. Blaine’s sword was elegant, with a wolf’s head at the handle. At the tip, a thin, but obviously strong, bit of blade protruded at a low angle. If it were real, it would be perfect for beheading. As he yelled and raised his sword, Shini drew her scythe. Unlike what Jin expected, it was the most elegant weapon he had ever seen. It’s black blade stood in contrast to it’s silver handle. Sophisticated carvings played across the blade, lined with a bright silver. A single black wing, matching the ones on her back, came out from the angle where the top of the blade met the end of the handle. It was a scythe the grim reaper could be jealous of. “Gam Smash!******” yelled Blaine, allowing his sword to collide into the ground. It send a shockwave straight toward Shini, as well many boulders around. Shini dodged the initial shockwave and slashed through many of the boulders. She was nicked by one, but she only smiled even more. As the two collided, Jin glanced over to Shino, who was at a distance battle with the mystery Steam Gunner. She seemed to have enough SP to cast the protective spell on herself, so the gunner could only bide his time. Shino, on the other hand, didn’t bother waiting. She deactivated the spell faster than the gunner could attack, and she sent a barrage of elemental spells at him. Soon he was hit by a meteor, a tree, cut by claws, and burnt by flame. When the smoke cleared, he was laughing and fired toward Shino. She gasped and dodged. Jin only had enough time to see that moment, since Twitch began another barrage of attacks on him.

The battle continued on, neither party seeming to give in to the other. Jeers and cheers resonated from the crowd. By now every PC in the arena knew Jin’s guild, who was in it, and what it was called. Some prospective guild members even were wrought into existence. Jin had no time for that now, he was in the fight of his digital life. He was horrified by Shini’s power, who managed to keep a slight upper hand on Blaine. Blaine was a veteran member, and was a professional PKer. He was an Edge Punisher too, and should have the upper hand, since Flicker’s are weak against hand-to-hand combat. If it weren’t for Shino, Shini really could have killed Blaine, and by herself as well. Jin was glad to see that her face flashed with distress for a few seconds, but only for that instant. Meanwhile, to the other side of Jin, Shino and the gunner exchanged far away blows and dodges, none of them getting any closer than they had to. They both seemed evenly matched, but both were having just as much fun. Jin grew tired of the push and pull of his fight, he frowned. “Fine. By the fire in my blood, begone! Flame Dance!” His fans exploded once again, but this time it seemed different. Since he had level up, the fire was larger and hotter, and he seemed to move faster. At first Twitch blocked Jin’s furious inferno, his efforts in vain. He tired, and Jin’s relentless attacks took advantage. He sent a a blazing tower of flame from his fans, colliding with Twitch. Before the smoke could clear, Jin delivered the final blow. Twitch’s PC fell to it’s knees, turning gray and fading into the background. His PC reappeared in a special seat reserved for the losers of the arena battle to watch the outcome*******. Jin laughed aloud, he swore he heard Twitch’s yell of frustration from across the Arena and over the crowd.

Shino nearly fell over in surprise as Jin joined her in battle, flashing by her side. It only took a combo of Jin’s wind slash and a well placed Vak Dom to defeat the smiling gunner. Jin waved to the gunner as he cheered them on, despite the protests of Twitch. The earth shaking bout of Blaine and Shini continued, neither giving an inch. Shini only glanced away for a moment, realizing that Jin and Shino were coming to join Blaine in battle. She jumped back and lowered her scythe, bending down onto one knee.
“I forfeit. There is no way I can defeat a guild by myself.” The gong sounded again, and the NPC voice declared the results, “Battle over! The Guild Player Aide has won!” A large portion of the crowd cheered, though only because the boos were drowned out by dedicated fans.

After a sweaty battle to leave the arena, many warm hugs and kisses from Shino, and a congratulatory dance from a small celebratory dance from a miniature grunty Jin, Jin relaxed into his desk’s chair. I wonder what I can do for The World... he thought, offhandedly. A knock came on the guild door, and Dansu answered.
“Master! A lady to see you! ~Dansu.” cried Dansu. Jin, curious, hurried down the stairs and landed gracefully next to Dansu. At the door stood Shini, her eyes curiously scanning the guild. Jin froze.
“Can we talk?” asked Shini. For the first time, Jin saw her smile warmly.

Login 03-End//

Sorry about it being late! Since it was so late, I combined it with what I was going to do in Login 04. Enjoy!

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Whooooooo! New Chapter!!! Nice Characters, and detail. It actually seemed like you played the .hack GU game already.

Savior of Dawn

Authors Note: Sorry for the delay! I just kept on telling myself I'd make it longer the longer I waited, so I'd write earlier... But it just made me scared. So, I made it average length. I was going to make Login 04 and 05 all Login 04, but I don't want to overwhelm you guys, nor cram it all in one chapter. Enjoy!

Offline 02// I saw a woman on the train the other day. She looked familiar... Where have I seen that face before?

Login 04-//

*Dull Blade: Flicker, Lv.15. Blunts the user’s weapon so they can only deliver 1 damage for the next attack, this allows the flicker to (as most commonly used) to hook an opponant closer for another ability.
**Slingshot: Flicker, Lv.16. If opponant is in the correct position, the Flicker can use their scythe to catch their opponant in and fling them across, using their environment and blade their their advantage.
***Straight shot: (Overall), Lv. 5. Allows user to throw their weapon across long distance, doing double damage than a normal attack.

Shini’s hand was strangely warm. Was she always this alive? Jin thought, being dragged by the hand toward a place unknown. Somehow he had been mesmerized by Shini’s new persona. After pushing through the crowds, Shini had hauled him all the way to a clock tower. Jin looked up, shielding his eyes from the sun that glared viciously off the top of the tower. Why have I never seen this before? he wondered internally, amazed by the elaborate design. Before he could take it in, his arm was tugged again. Shini smiled, gesturing inside. She had let go of his hand, but obviously wasn’t going to let him run away. Jin peered into the doorway, finding a winding staircase leading up to the top of the tower. He heard Shini’s heels echoing down the stairway,
“Hurry up!” she yelled from above. Jin jumped slightly, and tore up the stairs, his hair and scarf whipping behind him. After the grueling task of scaling the seemingly eternal staircase, he had reached the top.

The wind grabbed invisibily onto his scarf and hair, both slapping him in the face. Shini’s short hair flowed evenly with the breeze, giving an overall calm tone to her. She turned, and smirked at him. ....Somethings wrong... Jin realized, but it was too late.
“Look what you’ve done!” screamed Shini. She pushed him to the edge, holding the back of his shirt and crushing his chest against the stone wall of the balcony hovering above the clock. JIn couldn’t see at first, but he noticed after three seconds of the feeling of crucification all over his chest. Many users were going leaving, most notably to The Arena. In some spots, several users were gaining up against specific ones. They looked familiar, but Jin couldn’t quite tell. Shini turned him around, now cramming him between her body and the wall. Her eyes were locked onto his, “Do you know what she’s going to do to me?!” She screamed. Jin was beyond perplexed, She? What, is she bipolar or something? She shook him, Jin swore he could feel his bones rattle. “She’s going to kill me....” She paused, first a smile, now cold laughter, “I have to kill you, or I’ll die. I’ll kill you at ?Hidden Dueling Ground. If you don’t come, I’ll kill you anyways.” After her declaration, she pushed him off the tower. As the ground rushed up to him, Jin managed to fit a thought in the moment, ...Shit..

When Jin returned to the @home, a bubbly Shino hugged him, a proud Blaine smacked him around on accident, and a little grunty managed to dance around on its hoofs. Jin was rather melancholy about the enthusiastic greeting, but most are when they are frightened. After shrugging them off, Shino moved to inquire, but Blaine held her back.
“I think,” he whispered, “This is something only he can solve.” Blaine turned to look at Jin, JIn turned to face him. With a slight nod, he checked his inventory and left the @home. Shino sighed,
“Ji-kun sometimes makes me sad.” Blaine simply stroked his scruff,
“Idiot.”

As the graphics changed from pixels to what most people would assume as real, a large room appeared. Several columns lined the room, leading to a staircase. There were several other doorways on the side of the wall, but the staircase stood out predominantely. It seemed like a gigantic @home, yet it lacked the home-like touch. Shini came into view, smiling,“Don’t worry, I’ll only make it long enough that Master can see you die.” She moved her arms, her sythe appaering into her tense hands. “Die!” She screamed, diving at him. The blade seemed a lot more wicked up close, Jin came to realize. Especially when it nearly slices your head off. Jin opened his fans, the cherry blossom decorations standing out against the slightly-coloured light of the room. The battle was so fast, Jin could barely remember what had happened by the time it was over. He started out with a few surprise wind slashes, simply to be knocked away by her sythe. He repeated the surprise tactic, weaving in and out randomly between columns, but only a handful hit her. Despite his battle skill, he stood no chance against a PC of her caliber. Her HP was most likely no lower than 95%. Desperate, he tried a flame dance, but as he neared her, she gained the advantage.
Dull Blade!,” she yelled, using her scythe to pull Jin in close, about 1 meter in, “Slingshot!” she yelled again, the blade cut into Jin’s side, but she still managed to toss him across the area, slamming him into a nearby column. The decorative stone covering it exploded off, sending dust into the air. Jin fell to the ground, blood trickling out of his mouth.
“...Why?” he asked quietly, the very force of asking making more blood spill out. Shini frowned,
“Because She said so.” and she swung her blade, letting go of it. Jin’s PC had yet to be killed, so he didn’t know what happened when a PC came a near-death experience. It seemed to come toward him in slow motion, though he knew it was probably some special effect put in by some proud programmer. He wished the sound effect of cutting flesh wasn’t so accurate. The blade went right through him, going through his abdomen like paper. Scarlet blood initially flowed from the wound, afterwards simply trickling down his pants and onto the blade. He tried to move, but the blade had gone into the column behind him. I’m... he thought,
“Dead?”

“Not quite.” came a voice, near the entrance area. Jin turned to look, though the energy took quite a toll. A Tribal Grappler walked down the middle of the room. She bore green and gold combat boots, with tight-shorts that reached slightly above her knee the same colour. Behind attatched to the waist of the shorts a long cape came down, covering the back of her legs all the way down to her boots. Abover her toned abdomen, a green and deep red midrift, with an opening at the middle of her chest, expressing her cleavage almost as vibrantly as Shini. The top seemed a bit more like a dressy swimsuit top, but Jin wasn’t that entirely opinionated. She bore wrist-long gauntlets, bearing the same dark green, red, and gold as the rest of her outfit. Her long brown hair came down half-way her chest, reaching a little bit further than her shoulderblades. Despite her tough and fierce appearnace, she only had slightly tan skin, and seemed rather delicate overall. Shini was visibly shaking,
“I did it! See master? I took care of him!” Her eyes shifted madly, searching for a sign of approval.
“Idiot.” declared the woman, waving off Shini. She turned and walked up to Jin, once again placing his face right in front of her chest, due to him barely standing up. It was up close he noticed the similarity of her character design and Shini’s. With one arm she held her elbow, which held her chin, seemingly analyzing Jin, unpurposely -at least so thought Jin- lifting her breasts. After a few seconds of scanning, she turned to Shini and glared at her. “You idiot! You nearly killed a veteran! I could’ve never recruited him if you scared him off!” She walked up briskly to Shini, slapping her clearly across the face. Jin was surprised, despite his nearly infinite pain. Shini had been knocked to the floor. Either this woman was very powerful, or Shini happened to be weak at that moment. “My master isn’t pleased with me right now, so that means you are in deep shit. Meet me in my office.” Shini gasped, but closed her eyes and headed up the staircase. The woman turned back to Jin and pulled out Shini’s blade. After it has been removed from Jin’s body, it disappeared.

“Drink this.” said the woman, forcing a clear liquid down Jin’s throat. His open flesh sewed itself together, his HP and SP instantly reappearing on his screen. “I’m so sorry about this mix-up dear. I’ve come with a proposition for you.” She wasn’t facing him, but her voice was direct. She didn’t need eye contact with somebody as open as Jin. Jin closed his fans, and they disappeared into pixels.
“What kind of proposition?” he inquired, with a questioning expression, despite her turned back. She whirled around quickly,
“A very profitable one. I am Rose of the Player Guild. We are not official, yet we have an @home, a field, a shop, and everything. Some would call us an AIDA, but I say we’re just special. It is a guild of PKers.” Jin tensed, and she paused, smiling warmly, “Oh, don’t worry dear, we’re not terrible like those amateurs that run around these days. We PK because we are the best, we keep the balance in The World. We pull the strings that CC Corp makes.”
Jin didn’t nod, but he indicated that he was listening. “You are a level 4 Dance Macabre, yet you can hold your own against Shini, a level 37 Flicker. You are obviously a veteran.” Jin stepped back, “How do you kn--” she held up a hand to his mouth, “I just do, no questions asked. But which Veteran are you? What’s your name?” Jin visibly hesitated, stepping back slowly, but Rose was ready to grab him, so he caved in.
“Jin.” he declared proudly. It was Rose’s turn to step back, “Jin? THE Jin? Jin the failure?” Jin frowned, and glared at her, “Not failure. It was all C-” Rose put up her hand again, “I told you, no talking. The Player Guild has an intricate class system. I’m barely in the middle, even so, I don’t even know who’s at the top, what they are, or why they think the way they do. All I know is that I have to do this, and you’re coming with me. My master has told me that Leader has been looking for you for some time now.... Are you coming?” Jin laughed,
“No.” Rose frowned, “Fine. But I have no time for you.” She clapped her hands, “Kiba?” A large wolfish Edge Punisher appeared from behind the column Jin stood in front of.
“Yes?” Kiba replied, in a low rumbling voice, resembling a deep throated growl.
“Player Execute him.” She said, adjusting her gloves. “Now, I go.” she walked calmly up the staircase, closing the gigantic doors that were wide open. The slam shook the ground.
“Ready to play little one?” asked Kiba.

Jin jumped clearly across the room, ready to be outmatched. Opening his fans, “Ready when you are dog-boy.” Kiba frowned, showing fangs, “Don’t...call...me... DOG!” He yelled, drawing his swords. Both were cruelly twisted blades, and they glowed a deep purple. For some reason Jin couldn’t get a correct view of his PC, What the hell... Two blades? Ever-changing appearance? Kiba boomed with laughter, “Don’t you recognize this? It’s an old program, but apparently it still works. It’s Player Overload.” Jin ground his teeth,
“Dammit!” he muttered. He ran, charging bullheadedly toward Kiba. Another deep voice, like a growl, came from behind him.
“Hey, idiot! I’ll take that mutt for you!” Jin stopped in his tracks, throwing himself off his own force away from Kiba.
“Blaine?” asked Jin. Blaine came into clear sight, just barely logging in. Shino sat on his shoulder, putting her fingers out into a V sign. “Hey Ji-kun! I had to hack this area! Some idiot wouldn’t let us in.” Jin was surprised,
“You can ha-... You know what? Nevermind.” Shino giggled and stuck our her tongue,
“That’s my ji-kun.” She hopped off Blaine’s shoulder and stood there pushing the air like a keyboard. “Damnit. Ne-chan?” Blaine nodded, “Play with Puppy while I neuter him.” her voice with a sharp tone to it now, possibly more menacing than either Rose and Shini. Jin gulped. Shino smiled and waved to Jin, “Go and help big sister!” Jin nodded and ran to the staircase, smashing open the doors.

“Done yet?” asked the formless Kiba. Shino nodded, “Yeah!” The graphics flickered for a second, and a neon glow came from Kiba. The wolfish PC had transformed into a metal wolf, with neon-green lines streaking down its body. It looked at itself, astonished. “How’d you know?” it asked. Shino giggled,
“Idiots always leave tracks.” Blaine swung at it, his blade leaving only a small dent. It laughed, a strange wheezy barking sound. “AIDAs are harder to kill than that Blaine!” Blaine smiled,
“Obviously.”

As the doors burst open in front of Jin, he was knocked back by a seductive body. Shini screamed with pain. Jin hit his head on the floor, but resisted a cry. Rose laughed, “So now you’ve got your little boyfriend to come and save you now, huh? I’ll kill him too, if I have to.” Shini turned to face Jin, her eyes red with tears.
“I’m...Sorry.” Rose jumped and kicked her across the chin, a small trail of blood came from Shini’s lipstick. He heard a whisper, “...help....” Jin opened his fans, and striked several times on Rose’s back, beserking all out. As Rose collected herself from the barrage, Jin tossed Shini several healing potions. Shini, surprised at first, simply sat there, gaping at Jin’s fury. After taking the potions, she smirked and her Scythe appeared from pixels. “Rose?” Shini asked, Rose glared at her,
“What?” Shini smiled,
“I’m free.” She pulled the scythe above her head, preparing to swing, “I hope someday, you can be too.” Jin activated Flame Dance, and Shini swung madly, her blade swerving side to side. Within seconds, Rose’s PC’s wounds from Shini’s blade were sealed by Jin’s flames. She fell to her knees, her PC slowly turning gray.
“My... Master won’t be pleased.” Her eyes looked up to Jin’s fair face, “Will he?”
“He’s got AIDAs?” asked Shini, while Blaine furiously carved the metal wolf apart.
“Well, obviously.” said Blaine, “I suppose a hacker of that caliber should. But the ability to overwrite a PC? I have a feeling we’re going to have some trouble for the next few weeks.”
“Jeez Blaine, I thought you could take care of this in a week!” Jin yelled across the room. Blaine smiled, but then frowned when he saw Shini next to him. Jin waved, “I leveled up! Check it! ***Straight Shot!” He threw one of his fans, its sharp edge piercing the metal wolf’s heart. The neon-green lines faded and the wolf disappeared into gray pixels.
“How’d you know?” asked Blaine. Jin smiled, approaching him with Shini close behind him, “Every hacker has a weakness on their mods. I’ve dealt with this one before.” Blaine laughed, and scratched the back of his head.
“I guess we all have got some explaining to do!”

Login 04-// End

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Haha! Good chapter. Although it doesn't match the exact thing as the real The World R:2 (I have the game .Hack//GU VOL. 1//REBIRTH). I hope you know what AIDA's are, because they are not players. They are things that are a bug that are not a bug like AIDA (ANNA).

AIDA
AIDA stands for Artificially Intelligent Data Anomaly. It is a term used by CyberConnect to refer to the "black spots" and the creatures that come out of them. Little is known about the AIDA, but according to Yata, the main interest of the AIDA lies with humans. It is for this reason that they stay within The World, and do no spread outwards into the rest of the Internet. It is because of this that Yata believes that The World must remain open to its entire userbase, and not shut off to only administrators.

AIDA-PC
AIDA-PC is a term referring to player characters that are infected by AIDA. Infection appears to take several forms and has several effects on the PC, Epitaph Users may become infected and lose control of their Avatar, and the AIDA may manifest into a physical form, or even alter a player's PC itself.

I can provide you with as much info. But I suggest to go one with your RP without reading the stuff I posted. It is more interesting.

Arena is in the OMEGA server and the Guild's @Home is in DELTA. Only Epitaph/Avatars or Anomalies such as Azure Kite, Azure Balmung or Azure Orca can destroy the AIDA.
PIC:
AIDA(ANNA)

Heh, your character is in this guild:
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Midgards
GUILDS:
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Category:The_World_R:2_Guilds
CLASSES & Abilities:
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Class (DO NOT USE THE DUALGUNNER JOB IN THIS. ONLY HASEO CAN USE IT REALLY.)

Last edited:

Savior of Dawn

twilight_dragon said:
Haha! Good chapter. Although it doesn't match the exact thing as the real The World R:2 (I have the game .Hack//GU VOL. 1//REBIRTH). I hope you know what AIDA's are, because they are not players. They are things that are a bug that are not a bug like AIDA (ANNA).

Actually, I do know what an AIDA is, however, since my plot is disconnected from the twilight, these AIDAs are actually hacker made. My plot does connect to a prequel I may or may not write, it all depends.

I've been using that website for my info for quite a while now. Though, I based Guild's @home's off the .hack//roots info, since it seemed more convenient to have @homes in different servers 'n such. This plot is questionable, but I'll let my readers decide whether or not this super hacker is human or a part of the twilight. Though, I'm pretty sure it'll become obvious at the end of Part One... But that's just me. : P (No spoilies for you!)

I've got good news, though.
1) I'm writing at least Login 05 today
2) Due to the release of the actual G.U. game, once Part One is finished, I'll start writing another, different .hack//G.U. fanfic with more accurate info. Maybe I'll even throw in some canon characters...

Oh, and no worries about Part 2. Even though I'll be posting a new topic for it, I'll have a link to an entirely uninterrupted version of Part 1 linked in it, in case anybody wants to read/reread.

Savior of Dawn

* * * *Wind Slash: Level 1; Macabre Dancer skill. User uses fans to send a
wave of powerful wind toward enemy. (Made up skill)
* * * *Flame Dance: Level 3; Macabre Dancer skill. User's fans burst into
flame, allowing user to shoot off flames in a small radius, and to
deliver strong physical damage, with fire attributes. (Made up Skill)
* * * *Stattacato: Level 1; Basic Twin blade skill. (Fast-pased slashing)
* * * *Blood of Blades: Blade Brandier, Lv.6. Blades shoot out crystalized
blood delivering damage that's worth 10% of the last defeated enemy's
HP. (Made-up skill)
* * * *Dragon's Twin: Blade Brandier, Lv.8. Allows user to wield two weapons
at once, damage and speed is increased. (Made-up skill)
* * * *Healing Wind: Macabre Dancer/Harvest Cleric, Lv.5. Heals party 300
HP. (Made-up skill)
* * * *Zan Divider: Harvest Cleric, Lv.10 A spell that protects the selected
targets from any physical attack level 3 or below. (Made-up skill)
* * * *Gam Smash: Edge Punisher, Lv.16 A skill that allows the user to send
a shockwave through the earth, and send large boulders toward nearby
enemies. (Made-up skill)
Dull Blade: Flick Reaper, Lv.15. Blunts the user's weapon so they can
only deliver 1 damage for the next attack, this allows the Flick
Reaper to (as most commonly used) to hook an opponant closer for
another ability.
Slingshot: Flick Reaper, Lv.16. If opponant is in the correct
position, the Flick Reaper can use their scythe to catch their
opponant in and fling them across, using their environment and blade
their their advantage.
Straight shot: (Overall), Lv. 5. Allows user to throw their weapon
across long distance, doing double damage than a normal attack.
*Dance Partner: (Macabre Dancer), Lv. 10. User creates a doppleganger with half the stats of the original PC. The doppleganger remains on the field until destroyed, or recalled.
**Elemental Overload: (Overall), Lv. 15. User chooses one element, depending on their skill level of that element, they take on certain attributes of such. (Ex. High water will increase evasion and health, High Earth will increase defense, High Fire will increase attack and set PC on fire.) Attacks of the same element while this skill is activated are doubled.
***StandStrill: (Twin Blade, Dance Macabre) Lv. 30, Lv. 18 (Relatively). User can move at extreme speed for 15 seconds. To the user, everything comes to a near standstill. A correct blow while this skill is activated could destroy a full health PC in one attack. Any damage delivered or taken while this skill is activated is tripled.
****Cerberus' Inferno: (Dance Macabre) Lv. 20. When activated, it can be considered a combination of Elemental Overload and Dance Partner. Three dopplegangers are created with the same stats as the original, all three are set aflame (Fire Elemental Overload) The original creator's stats are increased by 50% (Fire Elemental Overload). While this skill is activated, no offensive skills can be used by anybody in the user's party.

Offline 03// *I wonder... If a revolution destroys an enemy, but also
the land they were trying to save, who truly won?

Anyways, I found out who the woman was. It turns out it was Shini!
Apparently she's a 17 year old graphic designer. She says she custom
made her character design, as well as Rose's. She seems a lot more
relaxed when she's offline, I wonder why?

Official BBS
Topics:​
AIDA:
Poster: Jin
Message: (Artificially Intelligent Data Anomaly) is a term created by
CC Corporation. A fan of Harald Hoerwick, creator of the world, was
rumoured to have created his own AIDA and AIDA-PC. Sources say that,
through such hacking abilities, this hacker can take control and
modify a PC character through natural means of The World. However,
this process can take a long time, and certain situations must be
taken into account. According to a new source supposedly affected by
said hacker, the situation has been separated into two steps:

1) Player Eliminate. This involve PKing a character. When a PC is
PKed, there is a .0034 second break in the re-loading of a character. In that
near-instant, a PC's data is quickly re-writtento remove any data that
was to be destroyed during the PK. At that time, this hacker can
access that data and have just enough time to give total access to the
PC. Once the character is re-loaded, the hacker has already replaced
the player with a homemade AIDA designed with a specific personality
and goal.

2)Player Overload. This process takes usually about a month. During
this time, the PC's data is entirely replaced with foriegn data, not
naturally recognized by the world. This allows for abilities beyond
the peramiters of the world, and can cause a major flux in the world's
flow. However, The World has built in security features. It takes 24
hours for the AIDA to be completed. Quite litterally, The World will
fight tooth and nail to stop the AIDA from being fully uploaded onto
The World.

CC Corporation has no idea of these incidents, and accepts them simply
as a peaking of members online at random times. From what we can best
guess, there are already three of these foriegn AIDAs in existence of
The World. One may already be destroyed, but elimination is not
confirmed. They have taken form as an illegal guild, and are PKing
players that seem to have a personal connection to the hacker. They
call themselves the Player guild, and anyone who comes in contact with
these PCs are highly recommended to log off ASAP and contact Player
Aide with the location, appearance, and abilities of this homemade
anomaly.

This information was supplied by a freed PC from this malicious
hacker. We managed to remove her from the guild before she was PO'd.

Thank you,
-Jin, Guildmaster of Player Aide.

Opinion:
Poster: CC Corporation
Message: The message posted by the guild Player Aide is entirely
opinion. CC corporation has found no trace of any unknown AIDAs that
aren't already being dealt with. Anything Player Aide says that has no
proof given, with consent, by CC Corporation is entirely opinion and
most likely false.

Thank you,
-CC Corp.
Replies:
Propoganda:
Poster: Blaine
Message: I find the fact that CC Corp has to post an offiicial message
against us is proof that they are incompetent. Still, it makes us at
Player Aide feel warm and fuzzy inside.

-Blaine of Strength

Login 05-//

* * * *Jin had become so used to the detailed graphics loading, it was like
opening his eyes in the morning. First blurry, then detailed, then you
want to lie back down because a serial killer is staring you in the
face.
"Hallo Twitch." said Jin, not entirely surprised by the rude appearance.
"Hallo shit-head." replied Twitch, oddly distracted. "Look, I'll kill
you later. I've got some major business to take care of, shove off."
he pushed Jin down the stairs, twitching more than usual. The push
forced Jin into the chest of a newbie, but as he began to apologize
the newbie shook his head and said quickly,
"No! I should apologize! Sorry!" and ran off, transporting into an
area. Jin scratched his head,
"...That was weird."

* * * *Something was different. Jin noticed it especially after the newbie.
People seemed to act differently around him. Guild advertisers' eyes
glided over him as if he was a wall, as if they knew he already had a
guild. Shop owners eyed him gleefully, their body language practically
screaming for him to buy the most expensive item on display. In the
allies crowded with groups of PKers, they glared at him, like
prisoners glaring at a warden. Despite already being familiar with the
area, the first item of attention stood at the door of his @home.
Dance-runty stood at the door, the guild access machine next to him.
He was whipping out guest cards faster than a poker dealer. A long
line of what was mostly newbies stood to his side, waiting to get a
card. It seemed taht they were getting a tour. Jin awkwardly
approached Dance-runty and asked, "Dansu? What are you doing?"
"What the Vice-Guildmaster said! ~Dansu" he squeaked, pointing his fan
toward a small building next to the @home.
"Vice-Guild.." Jin began, but noticed a woman with blue hair running
around inside the next building. He opened the door, peering inside.
"JI-KUUUUN!" yelled Shino, tackling him. After the usual hugs, Shino
allowed Jin to get to his feet. Slowly turning around, he realized the
shop was packed full; Not only of customers, but items.
"Where'd you get all of this stuff?" Shino giggled and patted Jin on
the head (As best she could)
"Me and ne-chan collected a whole bunch of stuff and put it out here.
Plus, we got a lot of gifts. CC corp sent you a gift to be quiet about
the AIDA thing." she said cheerfully, handing him a small box when she
finished. "Gotta go, our profits are nearly 20,000 GP already today!"
Jin walked slowly out of the shop, opening the box.

Jin recieved
'Dante's Inferno!'​

Jin opened the fan, displaying its vibrant colours. Ranging from a
bright orange to a deep red, hellish symbols were wrought across it,
black as can be. Jin checked the item menu, 'Macabre Dancer, Flame
Element (+20),Lv. 20' Hm, this thing is probably 4 times stronger
than me. he laughed aloud, CC Corp is one of the worst bribers
I've ever met.
The line of newbies noticed Jin, due to his
laughter, and became nervous. A few whispers came from them. He
sighed,
"Hey! I'm a newbie, just like you! Hell, I'm only level five." They
simply gaped, seemingly impressed by his level. He just shook his head
and pushed his way into the @home, only to be stopped by Dance-runty's
fan. "Wait! ~Dansu! I just got some news! Due to our shops profits,
number of guests, and increase of members by 1, Player Aide is now
ranked Guild #280, a little over the middle! ~Damsu! Since we've
reached past #400, we get a sign!" He opened his fan and waved it up
above where he stood. The pixels of the wall shimmered and a sign
protruded from the wall, bearing the same symbol as the guest cards.
Dance-runty jumped up and down, continuing his little speech, "And,
since we've gotten more than 20,000 GP profit in one day, our shop and
@home is increased in size!" The pixels shimmered again, this time the
inside of the @home expanding in volume, as well as a few doors
appearing in the side. Meanwhile, the shop next door sprouted a few
metres, and gained a second floor. Jin was genuinely surprised by the
sudden climb in rank, yet alone the new gifts.
"Hey, Dansu?" Dansu looked up at Jin, his hat slightly tilted,
"Yes master? ~Dansu." he squeaked in reply.
"Close up for today, will you? I need to call a meeting." Dance-runty
nodded vigorously, moving his hat even more. He opened his fan and
yelled, surprisinginly loud for his size,
"Player Aide is closing open access for a guild meeting. Remember, our
open hours are 07:00 - 21:00! " After closing his fan, several
surprised members materalized outside of the @home. Dance-runty picked
up the access machine and waddled inside the @home, leaving the door
open only for Jin.

* * * *Once everybody had assembled at the meeting table, including an
ecstatic Dance-runty, Blaine started with his booming voice.
"We've got problems." He stated flatly. Shini nodded, notably sitting
closest to Jin.
"Big problems. Blaine's probably connect to what I found out." Blaine
sighed, his back slumping slightly. "This," he said, while pulling out
a scroll, "Is a list of the challengers we have in the Arena." The list litterally rolled off the table, Jin gaped. Blaine laughed loudly, his usual voice resonating across the @home. "Want me to take care of it?" To his surprise, he heard a quick and decisive reply,
"No." He glanced at Blaine, while still examining the list, "I need to level up otherwise, I'll be slaughtered. I'll simply take them on one at a time. Next?" He rolled up the list, stashing it away in his pocket. Shini frowned, "With Shino's help, I decrypted whatever messages were left in the AIDA coding they attempted to ovewrite me with. The source is in a reserved server, looks like whoever's in charge is hiding in CC' Corps cloak." Jin leaned back, sighing. "If I'm right, which is likely due to the AIDA we destroyed, I know this guy. He knows that there's an emergency server that CC Corp has, in case of emergency. It's been theorized that the fire was started due to an overflow of members online, the system simply overheated. CC Corp didn't want to risk it, so they added an emergency server that would instantly transfer all data if overheat begins to happen. Theoretically, if we could get enough people onto the system, or heat the system up enough... The hacker would be exposed." Shini looked at him, surprised,
"You seem like you've done this before." Jin smirked,
"Maybe, maybe not. Shino, could you go and look for rumours, anything involving hackers, AIDAs, viruses, or CC Corp, I want to know. And, if you could, mind the shop." Shino giggled and smiled at Jin, saluting him. "Okay, but just for you Ji-kun!" He turned and faced Shini, "You and Blaine should go investigate everybody's who's involved with Player Guild. Blaine will come with you to protect you, since you're most likely still suseptable to a hacking attack from them. You'll most likely recognise anybody from Player, even if you've never seen them, you'll find the data familiar. Just follow any PKer you think they might be." They both saluted, and left the @home, leaving Jin by himself. Dance Runty came down from the upstairs, seemingly organizing the maps. "Master? Do you want something? ~Dansu." Jin leaned back, slightly distressed. "Can you fight in the Arena?" Dance Runty shook his heat, his hat nearly falling off, "No. But you can take whatever you want from the Guild Shop." Jin looked at him, ecstatic, "Anything?" Dance Runty nodded, "It's the guild's, and as the Guildmaster, it's open to you!" Jin scrambled to the shop, currently being tidied up after the initial rush of customers by Shino, who waved at Jin while he grabbed random light armor and accessories. He gave a light thanks, barely audible over the noisy line of to-be customers waiting for the shop to re-open.

When Jin reached the Arena's area, the crowd parted way for him, I'm not dead yet, people. thought Jin, as obviously much stronger PCs nodded mournfully as he passed. Jin pulled out the list of challengers from his pocket, the first name on the list nearly knocked him to the floor. The first name on the list read 'Zega'. The fact of it hit him hard in the face, he should have realized it sooner. He checked the list of online fighters, Zega's name glowed green. ...Well, no choice. He entered the Arena. The Announcer's voice run, apparently a CC Corp Administrator. "Ladies and Gentlemen! Today we have a flaming fight, and I don't kid! In one end, Zega! An out of nowhere Blade Brandier, challenging a politically active guild Player Aide! In the other end, Jin, also known as the Flaming Wind! Guildmaster of Player Aide, and experience Arena fighter, yet only level 6?! ....What's this? Ladies and gentlemen, we have a wild card battle today! Zega will be joined with Twitch, a Twin Blade! Jin will be joined with Sniper, a Steam Gunner! Can these randomly teamed up PC's help each other, or will they fall under their enemy's blade? BEGIN!" The gong rung.

Jin recognised Sniper as the Steam Gunner from before, his personality the same as before. As Jin rushed across the area, Sniper stood there. Jin met with Twitch, the both of them being the fastest, and met each others blades with a loud clash. Jin saw a flash of light behind him, and looked over to Sniper. Instead of an average gun with bayonatte, it was extremely long. He went down on his knees, aimed, and fired at Twitch. In an instant, Jin was showered in Twitch's blood, Twitch's PC had already turned gray and disappeared. Headshot? thought Jin, I suppose it's approrpiate. He turned to face Zega, who was charging Sniper. Jin barely caught up with him, but it was too late. "You shall be forgiven due to this being a random battle. However, Jin is mine. Go back to the @home, Master has a present for you." Zega sliced Sniper cleanly through the middle, making him disappear before he could even spurt his scarlet blood. Zega turned to Jin, swinging the blade to rid it of what little blood had come from the fantastic wound. "Remember me, Jin? I"ve changed now, Player Guild has made me the player killer. I'm different now, but no matter, I'm the strong one." Jin only just realised this, examining Zega's new PC. His hair, now even longer than Shini's, was pure white, but it was lifted, giving him the look of a mane. His clothing, now a medium weight armor with a pale brown and dark brown symbols etched across it. The most color on it was his skin, a tawny brown. His eyes, a fiery mix of brown and gold, reflected the sun's light into Jin's eyes. Overall, he had the general appearance of a lion. He swung his blade, (Which was noticably white, too.) Jin barely blocked it with his fan. Even though the blow was blocked, it still sent him flying across the Arena. Many PCs in the audience winced, Jin was bleeding fiercly. The blow had even knocked out some stone blocks from the inner wall. His deep scarlet blood trickled down the side of his fair face, but he only grinned. Zega was rushing toward him, preparing for a final blow. "Ya know what's great about video games?" Jin said loudly, laughing all the while, "The fact that even though you're saving the world, it's still damn fun." He drew his fans, splattering his own blood across the fans and yelled "FLAME DANCE!" The flames that burst from the fans even surprised Jin. He didn't realize that CC Corp knew he preferred fire attacks, and had chosen a fairly perfect weapon for somebody of his style. Instead of the generic flame towers that shot from his fans, the flames came out in sharp lines, creating a deadly, beatiful design of flames around Jin. As the spell climbed to reach its peak, the flames shot out and whipped Zega over and over, as well as protecting Jin from any attack.

Zega attempted to block the attacks, but his sword was useless against the powerful element. Even though the flames were already doing his work for him, his began to dance inside his orb of fire, making the fire even more powerful. Pounding his feet onto the floor, the spell reached its peak, sending Zega to the gound. As he finished, Zega jumped back onto his feet, and swung with all his might. The swing nearly split open Jin's chest, splotching the already scorched ground with blood, creating a foul odor. Jin spun, knocking Zega away, and yelled "Healing wind!" as he spun, leaves spun with him, sewing up the wound. At the end of the spin, Jin declared with finality, "Straight Shot!" and threw his left fan straight at Zega. The fan entered his chest, his PC turned gray, and started to pixelate. "I'll free you," said Jin, slight affection hidden underneath his serious tone, "If it weren't for you, I'd be in your place. It's better to be cursed than to be a puppet, eh?" Zega simply stared blankly, and disappeared.

Hours later, Jin arrived at the @home to find a depressed group of Blaine, Shino, and Shini. When he opened the door, he heard Shini cry, "You're alive!" and he was promptly smothered with affection by the two women. Blaine frowned at him, "We were worried that you had been PKed or something. Still, with good news there's always bad news. We got nothing." Shino nodded, after Jin had detatched her from his waist, "All I have is that I know Twitch isn't part of Player Guild. He's just an asshole." Jin laughed,
"Heh, I could've told you that. But no worries, I have more good news than you think. I found the last two AIDAs. Zega" Shini gasped slightly in recognition, " and that Steam Gunner from our first Arena battle, called Sniper. It seems as though Sniper is the greatest threat, since he seems to have a cheat weapon, a literal sniper. From what I can tell, it could even kill Shini in one shot, at his current level. If he gets Overloaded, I don't know what hell could be released on The World." Jin sighed, "We'll have to free Zega and Rose first, otherwise we'll be totally overpowered." They all nodded. Jin was suddenly jolted with the shock of memory, "Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention. Since I finished our list," He pulled out the scroll from earlier, all the names with a line across them "I reached level 20."

Jin learned Dance Partner!*
Jin leanred Elemental Overload!**
Jin learned StandStrill!***
Jin learned Cerberus' Inferno!****

Login 05 -End//

Sorry about this being so late! I just didn't log on for forever. Actually, I haven't touched the computer for a very long time. To make up for lost time, I'll finish up Part One this week. I'll start Part two once my Christmas Break starts. I'll refer you to my Kingdom Hearts fic that I'll be making when Part One is over!

Thanks for sticking!

Arzur

I just started reading this, I think it's one of the best fanfics I've read here. I hope part two will be just as good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back