• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

.hack//G.U. Last Recode Coming to PS4 and PC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
They don't look too bad, I'll plat it for sure but that's just because I'm a nerd for this series:
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/dot-hack-g-u-last-recode/trophies/

I can easily see myself getting a good amount of trophies from this list easily, but completing certain rankings in fields/areas is going to be a headache. Also, 150 level up for Haseo. Damn, did they raise how high he could go because of the new content? I swear it was like 100 or something. lol.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The G.U. games play very differently from the original 4, definitely much better gameplay. I think the originals were trying harder to simulate MMO gameplay whereas G.U. just takes the reigns and runs with a more fun action RPG gameplay system.

I've always adored the story of the .hack//Universe, even if it is spread out (as with novels, manga, anime + games) even more than KH and still own the original 4 games on PS2, but they certainly do not age well.
The original 4 could arguably use a full remake, they are the very groundwork of the whole thing alongside the anime //sign after all, but I'm not sure if there is enough of a market for it.

So I started rewatching .hack//Roots last night in preparation for the collection next Friday! I'm already on episode 4 and man, I've missed this series!

Also for anyone interested, I read that the collection will not only come with the new Volume 4, but also the Terminal Disk that had a super limited release with G.U. Volume 1 back in the day that covered the story thus far from the previous series, so that will be really cool to watch.

I've never followed the G.U. series that much outside the manga (which was the only part of the second generation available in Germany, the games and anime were, unlike the first generation, never released here), so that Terminal Disk would certainly be a boon to catch up with the lore.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I can easily see myself getting a good amount of trophies from this list easily, but completing certain rankings in fields/areas is going to be a headache. Also, 150 level up for Haseo. Damn, did they raise how high he could go because of the new content? I swear it was like 100 or something. lol.

No, the original level cap was 150 haha. You could climb 50 levels per game, so the cap for volume 1 was 50, volume 2 was 100, and volume 3 was 150.

I've always adored the story of the .hack//Universe, even if it is spread out (as with novels, manga, anime + games) even more than KH and still own the original 4 games on PS2, but they certainly do not age well.
The original 4 could arguably use a full remake, they are the very groundwork of the whole thing alongside the anime //sign after all, but I'm not sure if there is enough of a market for it.

I've never followed the G.U. series that much outside the manga (which was the only part of the second generation available in Germany, the games and anime were, unlike the first generation, never released here), so that Terminal Disk would certainly be a boon to catch up with the lore.

And yeah, I love the original 4 games, but man do they take a bit of patience anymore. I would still love to replay them, especially if they got the G.U. remaster treatment, but you're right, a remake would serve them well.

And yeah, my buddy that never got a chance to play the original 4 recently watched the Terminal, and then I watched it as a refresher (we looked it up on YouTube and watched it early), and it is so well put together. Not only does it summarize the story of the original series very well, but it does so while interweaving all of the Lord and telling the story/bridging the gap between the original series and this one. I actually learned a couple new things from it, and this is the series I've always been most knowledgeable about. Definitely check it out guys, be it via the new collection or via YouTube.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
No, the original level cap was 150 haha. You could climb 50 levels per game, so the cap for volume 1 was 50, volume 2 was 100, and volume 3 was 150.

You have excellent memory, Max!

I can't believe I forgot Haseo could go that high. xD Level 150 here I come!

Furthermore, I really wish the game had come out one month sooner instead of November. The wait for x-mas once again will be a brutal one for me. lol.

Actually, will the forest of pain with its secret ending matter any more to the story? I wonder if we'll still get to unlock it like we did in the original games. Something that I've had on my mind for a few months now tbh.

Last edited:

End

Awards
For anyone who hasn't played the .hack//G.U. series because the .hack series is so complicated or you just didn't want to spend over a hundred bucks on a really long game with 3 separately sold discs: this is the perfect way to learn to love the game. 10/10 do reccomend. .hack and Kingdom Hearts shaped me into who I am today.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I got my copy of Last Recode and I just finished Vol. 1 last night. I'm in the middle of finishing up the Book of 1000 and the god-forsaken Bikman Model quest. *tears hair out*

Between ripping my hair out and falling asleep while driving the bike, I've been trying to finish up the PK bounties and prepping for the Doppel fight.

Back