• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► H E R O E S - A New Age

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
OOC: Been a while, eh? Short chapter, but it does move things along. These next two chapters hold the mid-season finale, so get excited. Sh*t's about to get REAL

EPISODE IX
“The Fates”

Alleta Smith
Newark, New Jersey

Snow fell from the sky, the dark gray clouds splattered with the gently falling white flakes. Alleta shivered slightly, crossing her arms against her body as the icy breeze slid against her. It was a quiet breeze, not a raging wind, nor a fierce torrent, but a kind of nagging frostiness. Her shoes crunched gently against the inch of snow on the sidewalk as she wandered down the street. A sigh escaped her lips, clouding up in front of her like a veil.

So much for that trip taking up the whole day…

She glanced up, flakes of snow catching in her dark hair as she glanced up and down the street. The street lights flickered slightly, the shadows dancing along the faint whiteness on the ground. Alleta looked forlornly at the sky, eyes glazed over as she wandered aimlessly down the sidewalk.

God… Too cold to fly… Why do I feel like I’m missing something here?

A bell sounded slightly, and Alleta’s heart raced for a split second. Yet her shivering shoulders relaxed as the familiar sound of a church bell rang. The tolling bells filled the air with their resounding crescendo, and Alleta couldn’t help but smile, her eyes falling up the road and catching a glance of a small gray church. The roof was layered with snow, but she caught the faint hint of a glow within the stained-glass windows. A subtle warmth filled her heart, and Alleta altered her footsteps slightly, her small body sillouhetted against the vast whiteness of the snow-covered Garden State.

The small church’s oaken wood door felt heavy against Alleta’s hand. Her numb fingers felt rough as she pushed against the wood, the great door swinging open with a deep creak. Warmth hit her like a wave, and she scurried quickly inside. The numbness of her face melted away, like the cold was thawing off her body, and she sighed with relief. Comfort and solace once again filled her mind.

The church was dark, only lit by a few candles. Alleta walked quietly down the main aisle, slipping past row upon row of tiny pews. The altar itself was only lit by two golden candles, each ones burning brightly beneath a large, wooden cross. Alleta bowed her head slightly.

Father…. I know I meant to fly… it feels right when I do it… but there’s still this itch… this urge that I’ve got to do something…. What is it?

“Ughhhhh!”

Alleta’s heart leaped in its cavity, blood pumping as she spun around, the low growl piercing her spiritual reverie. Her eyes sped wildly every which way, fearfully glancing from corner to corner, until they fell on the first pew. There was a figure lying on the wooden bench, a large, worn blanket draped across its body. His face was battered and grisly, like a statue beaten by the elements for many years. His face contracted subconsciously, his body tightening in his sleep as he let out another hacking cough. Alleta froze, immobile, silhouetted in the golden light as the slumbering man turned over, facing his back towards the warmth of the flames.

“It’s been a while since he’s been able to sleep in peace I think.”

A warm voice caught Alleta by surprise, and she turned to see a dark, clad figure standing in the doorway. A man, dressed in a pair of jeans and a simple black button up dress shirt strode into the sanctuary. She opened her mouth slightly as the preacher walked into the candlelight, a look of bemusement across his features.

“It’s too cold in the other parts of the building, the sanctuary is the only place I can reliably heat,” he explained, gesturing to the sleeping man before turning to face Alleta with a soft smile, “I’m Reverend Miles, I’m the pastor here. Can I help you?”

Alleta smiled softly, shaking his outstretched hand as she turned gently to face the altar.

“Alleta Smith,” she said quietly, smiling somewhat sheepishly as she gestured to the sanctuary, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to disturb anyone. It was just cold, and I saw the light on and…”

“It’s alright Alleta,” replied Reverend Miles, nodding to the door as he walked to stand beside the sleeping man, “It’s freezing outside; far be it from me to deny the Lord’s sanctuary from those who seek it.” Alleta smiled, fondness creeping into her heart. It seemed like her Catholic days were so far away… she had always been a believer, and yet the solace and comfort she felt right now was a feeling long past a distant memory…

“You didn’t answer my question.”

Alleta glanced up, caught off guard by the reverend’s question. Reverend Miles was sitting next to the sleeping man. His hand was held in front of his mouth, back facing the lips, a few scant hairs on his hand breezing back and forth with the rhythmic breathing of the sleeping man’s breath. Yet his almond shaped, dark chocolate brown eyes were staring directly at Alleta. As she locked eyes with him, she felt those dark chocolate orbs staring even deeper. As if he was staring into her very soul.

“Excuse me?” she asked, confusion etched across her face, and the Reverend just smiled, standing back up as he adjusted the blanket covering the grizzled guest, “Question?”

“Can I help you?” he repeated, stepping forward and folding his hands in front of himself, and in that moment, the stark bizarreness of this preacher struck Alleta. His features were young and sharp. A sharp, angular jawline caught the candlelight, and his slim figure cast an elongated shadow upon the stone floor. Alleta couldn’t help notice the roughness of his knuckles as he held them in front of himself. Calloused, unlike most of the preachers she had seen. He was not much older than herself… and yet, as she stared into those eyes, she saw a deep understanding in those brown pools. Something she couldn’t quite place. But somehow, she felt her tongue loosened without any warning or explanation.

“I don’t know…” she blurted out, surprising even herself with her straightforwardness, “I was just wandering and… I don’t know, I’m just feeling like I…”

“Lost? Like there is something out there you should be doing and you don’t know what it is? Like you have been given a gift and feel like it means you should be doing more with it?” Alleta froze, mouth open as Reverend Miles grinned. “I’m a pastor Alleta. I’m good at reading things.”

“That’s incredible,” she whispered, and the Reverend simply smiled.

“We all have gifts Alleta. And the time is always presented to us when we can use those gifts to do what God has called us to do. People spend their entire lives looking for that time. Just keep your eyes wide and your heart open. You will hear what God is calling you to do.”

Fabio Lei Lombardi
Tokyo, Japan

The airplane came to a landing with a roaring screech. Tires scraped against the asphalt of the runway, and the blazing jet engines slowed to a gentle rumble. Yuuka stood there, an expensive white coat clinging tightly to her youthful figure, dark brown tresses blowing in the wind as she stared at the taxi-ing aircraft.

“Be nice Yuuka,” hissed Niyagi, carefully adjusting his tie as he staring at the approaching aircraft, “We need this deal to go through. Our sponsors really want this to happen. It was stressed to me-“

“Shut it Niyagi-san,” replied Yuuka sweetly, her ruby lips pursing as the venom spewed from her mouth, “I don’t give a shit about your deals and your superiors. I’ll judge him when he gets here.” She smiled, eyes shielded against the wind by a pair of large, dark sunglasses, but gasped as Niyagi grabbed her shoulder roughly. Yuuka breathed in, about to spit out a retort, but Niyagi leaned in, cutting her off with a dark whisper.

Careful, Anji…” he whispered in cold Japanese, “I’m paid to make sure you see out your contract. You violate that, our terms are null. And then there is nothing to stop me from silencing that pretty mouth of yours...

Yuuka’s heart flickered slightly, the blood in her veins going icy in a single moment. Niyagi’s fingers dug deep into her arm before releasing quickly as the plane drew to a stop. She bit her tongue slightly, her eyes blinking as she remained steadfast. However, as the door opened, she shook off that fear, a smile gracing her lips as a golden light seemed to emanate from the opening.

“I judge well,” she breathed quietly, her heart skipping again, this time, in a deeper, warmer fashion. The young man walked slowly down the aisle, a small suitcase clutched in his powerful, large hand. He brushed the hair from his golden skin, his beautiful eyes staring down at catching a look at Yuuka. He smiled as he approached the bottom of the stairs, walking over to her and extending a hand.

“Miss Ookiyama?” he asked, his voice ringing with all the celestial glory of an angelic choir, “Pleasure to finally meet you.”

“The pleasure’s all mine,” Yuuka said, her smile widening as she removed her sunglasses, locking eyes with Fabio as she took his large hand in her slender fingers, “Welcome to Tokyo. And call me Yuuka…”

Olivia Harrison
Los Angeles, California

“I can’t believe we did that,” said Mike, a look of shock on his face as he stared at the jar of cash in his hand. His voice was one of disbelief, and yet, it held traces of being impressed. Viva snaked her fingers around his, smiling broadly as she stared him in the face.

“Oh come on, don’t pretend you didn’t like it,” she said coyly, her gray eyes sparkling with a mischievous glare, “Every likes a little bad in a boy.”

“Hehe, yeah, I guess,” he replied sheepishly, running his hands through his hair as they walked down the sidewalks. He paused for a moment, glancing up at the small building towering above them, “Well, this is my place. It was nice to meet you, Viva.”

“Oh, it was my pleasure,” replied Viva, tossing her streaked hair to the side and smiling up at the tall, handsome fellow, her finger running down his chest scintillatingly, “I enjoyed our little fun together.” She smiled for a moment, locking eyes with him as she leaned in a little farther. “Perhaps,” she whispered sweetly, “It doesn’t have to end…” Mike seemed to hesitate, and she smiled darkly, leaning forward as her eyes closed, but there was a sudden movement. She opened them, gray orbs flashing as Mike seemed to retreat, leaning back as a hesitant look crossed his face.

“Look,” he said, a regretful look coming over his face, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to lead you on… but I’m kinda involved with someone.” He sighed, slipping his hands into his pockets as he looked apologetically at Viva. “I had hoped it wouldn’t come to this, but… I’m sorry. You’re really cute, and nice, but I just can’t…”

Olivia’s eyes softened. Her heart weakened, and she felt a growing sadness in her body.

“It’s okay…” she said quietly, her quiet gray eyes glistening as she smiled in understanding, “I did enjoy hanging out with you today.” Mike smiled, and squeezed her outstretched hand before starting to walk up the stairs. Olivia sighed, and began to turn.

Oh hell no!

Viva turned, gray eyes burning with a combination of anger and lust. Raging feels burned through her body, and she tightened her fists as she stared at Mike opening the door to his apartment.

Viva! What are you doing?

“I did not get us this far just to give up, you little shit,” she growled, the guttural sound emanating from her soft lips as she quickly marched up the stairs. Mike frowned, turning around with a questioning look on his face, only for his protest to be silenced by Viva’s lips. Viva through her arms around him, their lips touching in a single moment of passion. Viva slid her fingers through his mousey brown hair, intertwining his locks in her hands as she kissed him passionately, deeper and deeper. His protests died down, his resistence becoming returned vigor as they backed into the apartment….

VIVA! VIVA!!!!

TO BE CONTINUED...

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
^_^
The part with Alletta gave me a warm kind of feeling, lol. I wonder what it is she is missing, or perhaps, being called to do.
I'm surprisingly enjoying Yuuka's character; her rebelliousness is quite real. Just something I noticed, but it was a bit weird you gave the scenes Fabio's name.
As for Olivia/Viva, that part was awesome in a special kind of way. When she was leaving, I suspected Viva was going to take over.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
Awesome! Really loving the character developments (And the characters coming together). I must say I'm quite relieved, some authors say things, but rarely come through, but you are one of the few that deliver, which makes this all the better! Other than that, I think I'm really starting to like Viva...heh...

padlock

Awards
Woo woot! yaaaaay prophet for updating <3 this fic is the only reason i have been coming back here during the news drought hahaha, and yah. That Fabio section was so totally not a Fabio section :p keep up the good work! extremely excited about this and the following chapters!

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
OOC: Oh sheet, another chapter up so soon? This is the pre-episode for the mid-season finale, so I thought I'd get it up quickly, as a companion piece to my last shorter chapter. Two short chapters in quick succession I feel like is a good way to post. Get ready, because the next chapter I post will be the mid-season finale. It will be very long. It will be epic. It will be crazy. Get ready people. We're about to see a wedding :)

Episode X
“Family Relations”

Carlos, Jeanette, Paul
Café con Léché, Downtown Seattle​

Carlos glanced at the text on his phone, the dull backlight illuminating the words in the overcast afternoon. Gray clouds gathered in the sky, and the colors of the street some to be undersaturade, sapped of their vibrance. Carlos glanced down the street, eyes falling along the many street stores until a waving hand caught his gaze.

“Carlos! Over here!”

He sighed, somewhat annoyed as he jogged over to the small café by the corner of the street. Jeanette smiled broadly, adjusting her beret as Carlos sat down at the third chair. Paul was staring at the menu quietly, but glanced up and nodded when Carlos sat down. Carlos grunted as he threw down his bag and gave Jeanette an annoyed glance.

“Don’t shout so loud,” he hissed, glancing nervously as a couple passed them on the street, “You’re drawing eyes from everyone.” Jeanette’s eyes widened and she shrunk into her seat a bit. Her lip quivered slightly.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered, nervousness underlaying every soft syllable, “I know we’ve got to be secretive. I’ll keep your guys’ secret, I promise!” Her voice cracked a little bit, and Carlos couldn’t help but feel a slight guilty tug in his gut. There was a moment of silence before he awkwardly coughed, and patted her hand quietly.

“It’s alright, it’s alright,” he replied gruffly, looking at back at his menu, “I’m just a little overcautious. I trust you.” A golden smile instantly spread over Jeanette’s face, her dark skin lightning up with a dark chocolate glow of happiness. Paul, who had been eyeing the scene from over his menu, gave an amused chuckle. “You say something, mystery boy?” snapped Carlos, a slight crimson hue appearing on his face.

“Coffee’s good,” remarked Paul, the menu hiding his subtle grin before he returned to his normal blank look, “I suggest you order some before we have to go.”

“Go? You guys’ have plans better than this?” asked Carlos, trying to recover from his momentary lapse in annoyed-cool persona, “I thought we said we were going to talk about this more.” Jeanette squeaked slightly, smile fading as she slid deeper into her seat, embarrassment clouding her face. Paul lowered the menu, taking a sip from the cup of coffee in front of him, his face impassive as he nodded towards Jeanette.

“Something came up. Shouldn’t take too long. We can wait while she goes,” remarked Paul in his trademark simpleness.

“I’m sorry,” apologized Jeanette profusely, her eyes portraying her genuine sorrow, “I didn’t think I’d have to go to this! It’s my stupid mother’s cousin’s half-sister. You’d think that her wedding could go on without us… “

“It’s alright, it’s alright,” repeated Carlos, groaning as he rubbed his head. He waved to the waiter, “I’ll take a coffee.” As the waiter poured the dark, steamy espresso into the white mug, he rubbed his tired eyes and glanced at the two sitting opposite him. Jeanette was staring at him, half worried, half-expectedly. Paul simply supped at his coffee, eyes half-glazed over as the steam twirled over his cup like a pair of smokey dancers. There was silence as the waiter left. Carlos waited a moment, holding his coffee in his hand as the silence to continue.

Dammit… I think they expect me to start this…

He took a sip of his coffee only to move it away quickly, tongue scalded by the hot coffee. Paul flicked his finger slightly, and the steam rising from his cup whistled away as a gentle breeze blew over Carlos’ cup. Carlos grunted, raising his eyebrows as he took another sip, this one going down a bit smoother.

“Thanks,” he muttered, taking a sip as he stared at the two before speaking, “Well, how do you think we should go about doing this? I mean, how do we know we’re not both just some freaks of nature? Or lab experiments from somewhere?” Paul was silent, but Jeanette leaped right in, her excitement evident as words came spewing out.

“That’s unlikely,” she said rapidly, her beret slipping slightly as she sat up in her seat, “There’s two of you, who independently developed these abilities. Granted, we haven’t seen any evidence of others, but statistically, the fact that two of you found each other is extraordinary. The chances of others like you guys existing is pretty high I’d say, given what we’ve seen.”

“Yeah, and what makes you such an expert on all this?” replied Carlos, a bit of snark in his voice as he sipped his coffee. Jeanette face blushed slight, an interesting feat given her dark skin, but she sat up uncharacteristically straight and continued confidently.

“I’ve read a lot,” she said, somewhat proudly, “In cases like this, there’s never only two people. If you or Paul had been a solitary case, it could be a single experiment. Or perhaps an unknown alien landing. But, given that there’s two of you, the chances of more increase astronomically! In this city alone, there’s probably at least a few more.”

“Do you really buy this?” asked Carlos skeptically, and Paul glanced up, his faraway gaze focusing.

“Why not?” he stated simply, staring at the other two in thoughtfulness, “I might have no memory of my past, but I do know that this is irregular, to say the least. The fact that human beings have developed powers like this is uncanny. The odds of two of them meeting, even higher. If that can happen, whose to say we are not fated to encounter more?”

Stroma and Lila
Seattle, Washington

Lila stood on the corner, pushing a strand of blonde hair behind her ear as she nervously took another drag from the cigarette in her hand. The smoke filled her lungs, the hot air soothing her slightly as the agitated nervousness ran through her body. Her hands trembled slightly, even as she fought to calm them, and she let the smoke run out through her mouth. The door behind her chimed as the bell rang, and she turned slightly, tapping the end of her cigarette butt as Stroma stormed out of the store, his face livid as he clutched a newspaper in his hand.

“Damn storeclerks,” he grumbled, annoyingly flipping through the paper, “Making me pay for the paper. If they knew who I wrote for, they’d be throwing free copies at my feet.”

“D-did you find it?” asked Lila, her voice quick and nervous as she took another pull on the cigarette, nervously tapping her foot as Stroma thumbed through the paper, “Are you s-sure about this?”

“Come on now, use that head Wrothe,” replied Stroma with a snap, “Our killer left the body with the car here. The Wisconsin Widower has never been so sloppy before. That means that the poor bastard in the cab wasn’t the real target. Must’ve come here for another purpose. Another target. Chances are, more personal.”

As Stroma spoke, Lila couldn’t help but feel a sense of admiration climbing in her gut. For all his snarkiness and temperament, Stroma had a mind as sharp as a knife. He was a calculating, smart bastard, and as he flipped through those pages, Lila felt a sense of determined wildness rush through her. And yet, the nervousness remained.

“A personal target?” she asked again, tentatively, and Stroma rolled his eyes, his customary annoyance evident on his face.

“Yes,” he replied shortly, scanning the ads on the paper, “The killer’s stickin’ in town. Obviously some sort of agenda. The target must be getting married soon, or the killer would’ve taken care of the body. The killer’s in a hurry. Thus the marriage must be happening soon. Hence, why I gotta find it in this damn paper.”

Lila felt the nervousness bubble up in her, and suddenly she stared at Stroma with new eyes. His hands trembled slightly as he stared down the page. His brow was slightly sweaty, even as he maintained his air of annoyance. She felt her heart beating faster as the great Stroma Vermilion powered on, hiding his nervousness behind that shield of cockiness. Without thinking, she reached out and put a hand on his shoulder. Stroma froze, glancing up from the paper, a look of confusion and impatience on his face.

“It’ll be okay Stroma,” she said, a small smile gracing her face, “We’ll catch whoever it is. Don’t be nervous.” Stroma didn’t respond at first, his face a mask of annoyance. However, Lila felt a slight twinge of gratitude emanate from her body.

“Psh, yeah, right,” remarked Stroma dryly, glancing down at the paper again, “Thanks for the morale raiser there Wrothe, but don’t worry. This killer’s as good as mine.” Lila simply smiled as she took another drag on the cigarette and Stroma slammed a finger into a single spot on the paper. “Here we go,” he tossing the section to Lila as he started walking down the street, “We’ll stake out that one today. We should hit each one in the next week. Killer could be at any of them. Let’s move it Wrothe.” Lila smiled as she stared at the wedding ad in the paper, dropping her cigarette to the ground and stamping it out as she followed Stroma, determination filling her body in a single bizarre moment.

“Let’s,” she replied, falling in stride with Stroma as the two of them walked swiftly past a small café, too caught up in the momentum of her confidence to notice the three young people sitting at the small café table.

Somewhere in downtown Seattle…​

The door rang. Christina pushed her brown streaks out of her hair, panting slightly as she rushed around the house. Wedding magazines lay everywhere, only outnumbered by the sketches and plans that seemed to be breeding around the house. A deep voice resonated from within the house.

“You got that honey?”

“Don’t worry, I’ve got,” she called back, an exhausted grin on her face. Excitement bubbled in her gut as she hurried to the door. Things were all coming together so soon! It was hard to believe today was the day.... She grasped the doorknob quickly, and opened the door. There was a frozen moment in time. Her face froze, going from surprise to delight in a single moment.

“Angela?” she exclaimed, the surprise evident in her voice as she threw her arms around her sister, “I can’t believe it! What are you doing here?”

She removed her arms from the curly-haired blonde. The tall, skinny female smiled, a glint glimmering in a bright, violet eyes.

“The doctors have me on some new medication,” she replied, a cheerful smile on her face, “I’m doing much better. And how could I miss my baby sister’s wedding?”

Angela Smith smiled.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
"Coffee's good." That made me chuckle, as I am a lover of Coffee. What I'm trying to figure out what Paul, Carlos, and Jeanette were doing at the cafe though...

Every tiny piece with Angela is especially good. I'm excited to see how her sister's spouse will go, lol.

Now that these people are all in the same place... I wonder how it's all gonna connect. And there are still other people who are still all by themselves. About to see a wedding, eh? :3

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Can't believe I never noticed a new chapter sooner...wow, omg it is gonna get intense XD Angela makes me nervous lol

dot dot dot

You just, indirectly, got my hopes up, and then dropped them of a cliff.

/hopingfornewchapter

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
:/ Sorry, I thought that posting would show Prophet that HEROES hasn't been forgotten and that people are still waiting for a new chapter, and anxiously at that.

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Part 1 of the mid-season climax released today after much wait. Part 2 should be up later.

Episode XI- Part 1
“We have gathered here today…”

Northwestern 1st Church…
Seattle, Washington

Ding… dong… ding… dong…

The church bells rang beautifully as the old white church opened its doors to the people outside. It was a small wedding, and the few crowds of people milled inside. Dark black tuxedos and beautiful colored dresses fluttered beautifully in the sunlight. Excited chatter filled the air as the relatives piled in. The atmosphere was one of energy and anticipation. Young girls laughed, older men chuckled; everyone seemed to be in a state of happiness. The energy was infectious. Even Carlos couldn’t hold back a reluctant grin.

“Can’t believe we’re doing this,” he muttered, smoothing out the lapels of his blazer as he straightened his crimson red tie. Paul glanced at his reflection in a drying puddle, his light blue tie blowing slightly in the breeze.

“Don’t complain Carlos,” he said politely, straightening out his button-up shirt as he turned to the dark-haired young man beside him, “It was nice of Jeanette to invite us.” Paul brushed his long bangs from where they covered his eye, glancing down at his clean clothes before joining Carlos by the foot of the stairs. “Thanks for the clothes by the way.”

“No problem,” grunted Carlos, pushing his bangs back out of his face, a smile crossing his face for a moment as he glanced up at the gorgeous afternoon sun, “Happy to help.” Paul followed his gaze and the two young men stood next to each other, suits catching the sunlight in a mystical static moment.

“It is remarkable,” replied Paul with his classic monotony, “Seattle doesn’t get much sun, does it?”

“Hey guys, thanks for coming.”

The boys turned around as a familiar voice lofted on the air. Carlos’ eyes opened wide and Paul couldn’t help but break into an amused smirk at Carlos’ expression. Jeanette stood framed in the sunlight, standing on the footsteps of the small white church. She was wearing a bright gold dress, one which glittered like the sun itself as she stepped down toward them. Her dark skin was a beautiful dark cocoa color, accentuated by the fabric of her dress. Her hair was done up and wavy, cascading along her face like billowing ink. Gone was the bookish library girl who was buried in her manga. Standing before them was a goddess. Carlos looked stunned and Paul merely responded with his usual formality.

“The pleasure was ours, wasn’t it Carlos?”

“I’ll say...”

Paul coughed subtly and Carlos blinked twice, tearing his gaze from Jeanette as he kicked the earth casually and shrugged his shoulders.

“I mean, I guess we had nothing better to do,” he said with a grunt and Jeanette smiled broadly as she went up and hugged them both. Carlos patted her on the back awkwardly. Paul merely smiled back at her. The bells tolled once more, sending there ringing tones cascading down the street. Jeanette looked up quickly.

“Sorry friends, I’ve got to go,” she said quickly, turning to look up at the church and then smiling back at them, “I’ll have to stand with the others. I’ll meet up with you guys after the ceremony, okay?”

“Okay,” said Carlos, still slightly stunned, and Jeanette smiled at them before running back up the stairs, as fast as her high-hells could carry her. Carlos paused for a moment, still gaping, before turning to Paul with a snap. “Can it, wise-ass,” he hissed to Paul, who still stood grinning with a grin stretching from ear to ear.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Paul replied wryly as the church bells continued to toll.

----------------------------------

“WROTHE!”

Stroma was grumbling furiously under his breath, his multicolored eyes glancing this way and that as he desperately sought out his female associate. He was stuck between two very old women, who seemed insistant on trying to make conversation with ‘the handsome young with funny eyes.’

“Heterochromia,” he hissed, his voice growing dangerously frustrated, “It’s a mutation. Part of DNA change. There is nothing funny about it.”

“Oh, but they’re so handsome,” said the older woman with a sigh, patting Stroma on the shoulder before leaning over, “Isn’t that right, Gloria?”

“Oh yes, Cynthia, they’re absolutely marvelous,” replied her sister, running her wrinkled hands through Stroma’s jet black hair, “And this hair! You really ought to cut it, it’s becoming rather shaggy.”

“Shaggy?!?”

“Pardon me, ladies.”

Stroma looked up with a look of unbridled relief as Lila scooched her way back down the isle. She was wearing a light blue dress, the same color as the wavy highlight going down her hair. She pushed a strand behind her ear carefully as she sat down, and the two older women gave little sighs and scooched over to let her in. Stroma let out a huge breath as he let himself relax.

“What the hell took you so long?” he hissed into her ear, “I was about to be incarcerated for assaulting a pair of old broads!”

“Sorry,” she whispered, “I was at the bathroom. All the bridesmaids were down there; took a long time.”

“Perfect,” muttered Stroma, reaching into the pocket of his suit and pulling out the small newspaper clipping, “This is the third wedding we’ve sat through already. I’m starting to feel nauseous.”

“Oh come on, it’s a beautiful thing!” whispered Lila with a smile, her normally worried complexion taking a remarkably happy tone, “We’re witnessing two people finally joining together! Imagine, two random people on the globe, born totally separately. They find each other randomly, seemingly by fate. Maybe they liked each other at first sight, maybe they first hated each other. They grow close, they continue to see each other, despite any problems or differences they might have. And today, we see them finally join together for life.”

Stroma let something out in between a snort and a chuckle.

“Yeah, Wrothe, if that ever happens to me, I want you be the first to hurl me over the nearest building.”

The narthex of the church was bustling with activity. Bridesmaids were cooing and laughing, passing the flowered between one another and sighing over the magic of the evening. The gentlemen checked their watches, shuffling about slightly as they chatted about the family members that were there. Two women walked swiftly from the back, one of them wearing a pearlescent white dress.

“Mom, I swear, she was here! I can’t believe you didn’t know!”

“Christina, I had no idea Angela was coming! I had no idea she was out of the hospital, I haven’t talked to her in months! Where is she?”

“I’ve got no idea,” groaned Christina, looking around incredulously, “I asked her if she would be in the ceremony with me, but no one has seen her! I can’t believe you haven’t seen her yet!”

The bell rang yet again, and Christina gasped. Her mother put her hands on her shoulders and looked her daughter right in the eyes.

“Honey, it’ll be okay,” she said firmly, rubbing her soft shoulders gently, “You’re about to have the greatest day of your life, with the man you love. Enjoy it! Don’t worry about Angela. We’ll find her.” Christina nodded, a tear glistening on the corner of her eye as the bustle continued around her. She turned, gulping a little bit as she glanced through the door to the main church area. The small church was packed, the pews totally filled out by suits and bright dresses. She saw a few men standing at the foot of the altar. A single man in a black tuxedo caught her eye. He seemed to sense her gaze, following her sight down the aisle until they locked gazes. He smiled at her and winked. Christina smiled back, wiping a tear from her eye as she took a deep breath.

This was her day… and nothing would take that away from her.

Tse Brown
New York City, New York

The glow of the computer screen was uncomfortable against Tse’s skin. He preferred the outside, where his feet could touch the earth. In here, the wooden floors and cement walls provided him with a feeling of isolation. He was cut off from the world; stuck inside with only a computer as his companion. But this was what he needed to do.

Tse stared at the desktop, trying to decipher the files that Mohinder had stored in this computer. There were lots of numbers and file dates. Tse recognized a few of their early trials way back in the archives, but it wasn’t clear what direction the Doctor had taken after that. What was clear was this:

“You’ve gone a long way, my friend,” muttered Tse, his rough hands typing slowly on the keyboard as he tried to think of a way to go about doing this. He stared at the files, each one marked with a specific codename. Nothing about it was clear or indicated a pattern. And every time he tried to open a file, it simply stated that there was an error in syntax.

“What’s the deal, Mohinder?” whispered Tse as he stood up and stretched his back, “What did you want me to find?” He paced around the desk, grunting as he stared around the room. There was only a single desk lamp, so the room was cast in shadows. Tse’s shadow loomed against the wallpaper menacingly, and Tse leaned against the desk, turning the silver key over in his hand as he stared at it, frowning.

Why had the Doctor sent him the key?

“The key is inside us!”

Tse frowned at the Doctor’s words.

“What do you mean, Mohinder?” he asked, curiously, “The potential for the kind of alteration we’re talking about has to come from chemical means. From outside alteration. Radiation, chemical reactions…”

“No, no my friend, we’ve been thinking about it all wrong! What is the core of human potential? What gives us the edge in life; the ability to be more than just animals or creatures?”

Tse’s silence gave rise to an explosion of excited thought.

“Our DNA! Our genes! Our evolution has lead us up to this point, and who’s to say that it will not continue? Evolution has allowed us to become the dominant species on this planet. Who knows how much more humans can achieve with this basic key fact?”

“Mohinder, you’re talking crazy,” said Tse with a frown, “Such alteration on a core level would be insane. Genetic manipulation? We’d be messing with things no one has ever touched before…”

“That is the key, my friend! The key is inside us…”

The memory rang in Tse’s head as he stared at this little silver key. The key is inside us… the phrase had become Mohinder’s mantra in the last few weeks before Tse had left the research… He had become convinced that genes were the key to unraveling the full potential of humanity.

Could he have known?

Tse stared at the key and then back around the apartment. There was nothing on the walls. Nothing on the floor. Nothing to indicate that Mohinder had left anything to clue him on. His shadow loomed still on the wallpaper by the door and Tse stared at it for a moment. This wallpaper was slightly different than the other three walls. The pattern was slightly different. The cross hatch was the same, but the symbol inside the poorly sketched squares was different. Tse walked closely to it, and stared carefully at the wallpaper. Inside each small square, was a tiny black keyhole, etched in ink to the middle of each small square.

The key is inside you.

Tse placed his hand on the wall, hardly believing he was doing what he was doing. Yet it made sense…. It felt right… Had Mohinder known all along?

He breathed out slightly and pulled with his mind. He reached out, hand stretching out against the concrete wall and pulled. There was a quiet grinding of earth on concrete and dust fell from the ceiling as the wallpaper bulged out slightly. Tse’s breath was coming quicker now as he reached up and tore down the wallpaper. The cement wall behind it had cracked, and rock had pushed through the cracked concrete. However, the earth had been previously arranged. Inside this concrete wall, rock had been carefully inserted. The earthen clumps had emerged to spell letters. Large, brown, rock letters. Tse’s heart skipped a beat as he raced back to the computer, entering in the large rock letters that Mohinder had obviously engineered for him to find.

“PA-241i,” he whispered as he typed it in as fast as his large fingers would let him, “Thanks, Doctor.”

Grant Miles
Newark, New Jersey

Grant Miles’ eyes shot open as a shout filled the air. Dark pupils focused as he rose immediately and walked down the hallway. The candles on the altar flickered slightly as he pushed open the Sanctuary door and slid inside. The scruffy man was sitting up straight, his eyes wide as he stared straight ahead. His eyes were pure white, foamy, like the opaque spray of an ocean wave, far far away. Grant approached him quickly, his eyes up as a clear offering of peace.

“Mr. Mendez, I am Reverend Grant Miles,” he said clearly, his palms open wide and faceup as he kneeled beside him, “I found you outside my church. You had passed out. Are you okay?”

Isaac Mendez blinked for a moment, his breath coming in raspy breaths. He glanced sideways at Grant, his eyes widening as the white-ish glow began to fade from them. Grant stared in amazement as Isaac shook his head and exhaled roughly before coughing hard into his hand.

“W-what… when is it?”

In Grant’s mind, each syllable fell together in sequence. Each word and its meaning flowed into his mind and sent of a spark of reactions flooding through his mind. Neurons fired and in an explosion of clarity, he spoke.

“It’s March 13th,” he stated, staring at Isaac with a sense of curious scrutiny, “Why are you confused? What has happened to you?” The date seemed to send a spark of urgency through his mind and Isaac sat up straight, grabbing the Reverend by the collar.

“HURRY!” he screamed, “STOP IT! IT HASN’T HAPPENED YET!”

The screams echoed against the small church walls. The crescendo reverberated around the sanctuary walls and calm the man.

“What?” he asked urgently, trying to restrain Isaac as the man began to thrash, “What is going to happen?” However, a large boom interrupted the panic. Both Isaac and Grant glanced towards the back of the sanctuary. The large oak wooden doors slowly creaked closed as a gust of wind slipped into the Church. The candles hissed out of existence with a small whimper. The sanctuary went dark as black as night. Isaac whimpered slightly and Grant stood up immediately, his eyes narrowing as his hands unconsciously tensed.

“He’s come for me...” he whispered hoarsely, his hands twitching madly as he scratched his arm, “She’s sent him… the darkness… its coming…”

TO BE CONTINUED IN PART 2

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I wonder what will be going down at the wedding in Part 2. All these characters in the same place, and Angela isn't around. For some reason, I feel she has something "grand" planned instead of just one kill....

I'm confused on what's going on with Tse. They were trying to figure out how to Genetically Alter people, is all I can get from his part. I don't understand what he found though.

The part with Grant... something paranormal seems up.

Greatly Anticipating Part 2.

Last edited:

padlock

Awards
hahaha yes yes yes! Much wait indeedo. Yet I am excited! iam so Annoyed that I didn't nothice this the other day. I read over it.. nd didn't remember any of it, so now I am going back to read the entire fic hahaha. thank you for updating Prophet, super hyped for Part 2 :D

Haha I just read over this post and I sound like someone who barely speaks eenglish :p must stop staying up til 2am...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back