• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Guys what should i do about Kingdom Hearts ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Officer.Pandah

Im a massive KH fan since back when in highschool i saw those flashy moves but then, the stories got me. I Have NEVER finished the game cause i was that shy kid in the family who's afraid to ask for something.

Im all grown up now, 21, student, can find myself a money if i want to. So when KH 2.8 came out, It occur to me how much have i missed.

Currently im playing KH1 Final Mix, in my Lappy with PCSX2 with english translation. I was planning on Doing maybe KH RE:COM, Then maybe KH2, After that KH:BBS (Not final mix, cause there's no english translation of Final Mix) And maybe just look at youtube at what im missing in BBS Final Mix, Not sure about RE:Coded or Days tho.

That was the plan. Then when i think about it, there;s 1.5 and 2.5. Its Final Mix but in english. I was wondering if i should buy a PS3/4, Not sure which platform 2.8 is going to be, Just to play KH 1.5 and 2.5. But i could just play the game on my Laptop with pcsx2. There;s an English Patch for KH2. The only one i wont be able to play would be 3D. What do you guys think ? Should i just play all the way up to BBS and then buy a platform for 2.8 ? Should i just Youtube the gameplay if im lazy just for the stories ? Should i get the platform for 1.5 and 2.5 ? Is there even anything new in 1.5 and 2.5 ?

Im sorry guys for a long post, Wish i could give you guys a potato or something for reading this long post.
Cheers.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't exactly condone emulation but if it is the only way you can play the games, go for it. There should most definitely be an English version of BBSFM out there. I distinctly remember modding my PSP with an English patch to play BBSFM many years ago.

Let's clear up some information about the series~

1.5 contains KH1FM, Re:CoM, and Days HD Theater
2.5 contains KH2FM, BBSFM, and Re:coded HD Theater
2.8 contains KH3D HD, 0.2 BBS which is brand new following after BBSFM's Secret Episode, and Back Cover which is also a brand new cinematic movie.

1.5 and 2.5 are PS3.

2.8 is PS4.

My recommendation: Buy a PS4. You should only get a PS3 if you know there are other games on it you want to play besides Kingdom Hearts. For the sake of 2.8 and KH3, PS4 is the way to go.

Watch Days HD Theater and Re:coded HD Theater online to catch up on that stuff.

Officer.Pandah

I don't exactly condone emulation but if it is the only way you can play the games, go for it. There should most definitely be an English version of BBSFM out there. I distinctly remember modding my PSP with an English patch to play BBSFM many years ago.

2.8 contains KH3D HD, 0.2 BBS which is brand new following after BBSFM's Secret Episode, and Back Cover which is also a brand new cinematic movie.

1.5 and 2.5 are PS3.

2.8 is PS4.

My recommendation: Buy a PS4. You should only get a PS3 if you know there are other games on it you want to play besides Kingdom Hearts. For the sake of 2.8 and KH3, PS4 is the way to go.

Got it, THen i guess i'll play BBS KH2FM KHCOM AND finish up my currently KHFM on emulation and look for Days and RE:Coded theater online then right ? Thanks man, i need others opinion so much.

xanillos

Awards
You can find a working PS3 for under $150 at this point, so if you have the money and inclination I'd suggest getting both. The PS3 does have some really great games on it. For Kingdom Hearts, the Final Mixes aren't completely different games but they do have some fun new content.

One or the other, though, would definitely get a PS4. Plus, Sony may eventually give the it backwards compatibility, and that solves everything.

(and if you haven't already watched them, the theaters are here and here :) )

Officer.Pandah

You can find a working PS3 for under $150 at this point, so if you have the money and inclination I'd suggest getting both. The PS3 does have some really great games on it. For Kingdom Hearts, the Final Mixes aren't completely different games but they do have some fun new content.

One or the other, though, would definitely get a PS4. Plus, Sony may eventually give the it backwards compatibility, and that solves everything.

(and if you haven't already watched them, the theaters are here and here :) )
Thanks alot bud, I think i'll make do with emulation and save some moneeeeh $$ for PS4

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Yeah, I got my PS3 under a pretty cheap price. You don't need to worry about it being expensive. It's your decision if you want to get a PS3 or not. I'll warn you though, there are a pretty good amount of new things in 1.5 and 2.5 like cutscenes, keyblades, boss battles, abilities, armor, etc. that you would miss out on. The music sounds much better and most Heartless have a different look/color. I recommend getting the games if you ever get the chance and play them. If you are not sure, that's fine. Yes, saving some $ when getting a PS4 by waiting for it to get cheaper is smart cause I'm doing the same thing. xD

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

1.5 and 2.5 are PS3.

2.8 is PS4.

I'm quite late here, but if you're still not positive on your decision, I'll offer up my two cents. This is pretty much the best advice you can get here. I'm not a fan of promoting emulation myself either, but if you want to play 2.8 on release, you'll clearly have to save money for a PS4. I never recommend for anyone to invest in a game console if they're only getting it for a game or two. You're better off playing what you already have and watching the rest online in order to be up to date before KH 2.8 and 3 release if there's nothing else you want on PS3.

If there are other games you want on PS3, though, it might be worth your investment, even if it is a refurbished console. 1.5 and 2.5 are phenomenal, and are the best way to experience the KH series for the most part, but still might not be worth buying a console for. PS3 has some amazing gems, but unless you want to shovel out the time and money in order to invest yourself in those, then you're better off doing as already suggested.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Yeah, I got my PS3 under a pretty cheap price. You don't need to worry about it being expensive. It's your decision if you want to get a PS3 or not. I'll warn you though, there are a pretty good amount of new things in 1.5 and 2.5 like cutscenes, keyblades, boss battles, abilities, armor, etc. that you would miss out on. The music sounds much better and most Heartless have a different look/color. I recommend getting the games if you ever get the chance and play them. If you are not sure, that's fine. Yes, saving some $ when getting a PS4 by waiting for it to get cheaper is smart cause I'm doing the same thing. xD

I don't really like the color of the Unverse in Birth By Sleep on the PS3. I am kind of used to the color schemes for the PSP. I also liked that Xion's eyes were hidden early on in the DS version of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days over the movie. Of course, I do think I will get a PS3 over a PS2 for now since the Birth By Sleep version is equivalent to Birth By Sleep Final Mix, am I right? I also get the option to play the US equivalent to Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix. When I first heard about these, I was willing to go for Swap Magic so that I could play the Final Mixes on the American Playstation 2 system. So, despite Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 remixes flaws, I would recommend the games. It gives you a collection and probably beats collecting the games and their rightful consoles, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back