• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gummiphone and Ingredients, do you want them to return for future games including KH4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
As far as I am concerned these two factors are among the top things that increased the replay value of Kingdom Hearts 3. I admit it, when I still play KH2 nowadays I find myself wanting to take photos or search around the levels for food to cook later. Kingdom Hearts 3 does have that over the second installment I will give it that. Do you want or do you think they should bring back these gameplay options back for future games?

If so, do you have any ideas how they could make it more interesting? For the Gummiphone, have Sora do more poses and say more lines? Same for the other characters? Add filters? A record button that films a minute or two of gameplay?

With the food portion, keep the whole finding different ingredients in other worlds? Should the cooking mini-games be a bit longer like going through different steps for a recipe? Maybe go one step further and have Sora hire a fellow sous chef to assist in extra difficult meals?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Considering they made it a point to state that all of the Guardians would get a Gummiphone after Aqua and Ven were saved, I think it's safe to assume they will stick around next saga. I could see some of your suggestions such as recording gameplay becoming a new feature

If they want to add new options to the cooking segments why not have some of the Disney worlds have restaurants of their own. Let Sora help out at Tiana's restaurant for example and learn New Orleans recipes from her.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I like that idea of Sora learning recipes from Tiana in New Orleans. That's a good one. Traveling to different worlds and learning from various characters would be a lot more fun than just limiting it to Ratatouille.

PikaPal

Awards
Wouldn't mind if either came back...

well just as long as on the food side of things they get rid of Donald constantly hammering at us saying that every spot is a good spot to find ingredients.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I liked both, so I wouldn't mind--although there's no such thing as a staple with this series anymore, I've learned. I'd especially like if the ingredient mini-game was tied to Tiana's restaurant after you beat the TP&TF world. It could be the first or second world in the game.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Since everyone (and Demyx!) have a Gummiphone now, it's safe to say that's sticking around, and I can see your suggestions becoming new features. Would also like it having optional conversations (which I was HOPING it would have in KH3, but nah.)

If Sora IS in fact playing the Reapers' Game, I'd imagine his Gummiphone would be used in place of the flip phones used in TWEWY. If that's the case, then it would include story-purpose features like taking pictures from the past and imprint people with memes (no, not those kinds of memes!)

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I liked the cooking minigames, so I wouldn't mind food making a comeback. It also added replay value to the game, where I would travel to different worlds to find ingredients.

The gummiphone is fine, I just do NOT want it to be used for cutscenes like it was for KH3. I rather leave a world and the cutscene begins with Sora in the non-playable world (in KH3 Radiant Garden) having a conversation face-to-face with Ienzo. I would LOVE for the gummiphone to be used in cutscenes where Sora calls/receives calls in Disney worlds from Riku/Kairi etc. and he can show them how cool the world is.

OneDandelion

Awards
I wish SE would step back and make their combat systems a bit more simple. Throwing in things like cooking are terrible because if the game is designed around it being a necessity then it's an annoyance, and if it isn't necessary then the game becomes a cakewalk with buffs. If they bring it back I'd hope that it isn't as complicated or time consuming... Zelda BotW struck a good balance with its cooking system

I don't care about the gummiphone but having tweets and selfies shoved down my throat was annoying as hell. And that "this looks like a good spot..." needs to go

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I appreciate the ideas of Sora contacting other characters like Riku and Kiari in other worlds, and perhaps introducing them through the phone to the Disney characters too. It would be funny if Sora handed out other phones to some other Disney characters in the other worlds to keep tabs on them only for Donald to later scold him again about "World Order".

Can imagine another feature would be "event posts" where either in the story or side quests or even when you are just messing around in the game venturing through worlds, you post a picture or a video and then different characters from throughout the universe start reacting to it or commenting on it. That I figure would take quite a bit of time to develop into the game for all the different scenarios and outcomes you would get.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm cool with the Gummiphone. It'll be easier for characters to stay in touch and contact one another when something happens, making them feel more involved as it were. I enjoyed the features of it. Ingredients are fine to as long as Donald continues to make worthy meme quotes out of them. If there is a cooking part in a potential PATF world then Lewis can create some new memes with the quotes lol.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I'm cool with the Gummiphone. It'll be easier for characters to stay in touch and contact one another when something happens, making them feel more involved as it were. I enjoyed the features of it. Ingredients are fine to as long as Donald continues to make worthy meme quotes out of them. If there is a cooking part in a potential PATF world then Lewis can create some new memes with the quotes lol.

Yes..yes to all of this!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I wish SE would step back and make their combat systems a bit more simple. Throwing in things like cooking are terrible because if the game is designed around it being a necessity then it's an annoyance, and if it isn't necessary then the game becomes a cakewalk with buffs. If they bring it back I'd hope that it isn't as complicated or time consuming... Zelda BotW struck a good balance with its cooking system

I don't care about the gummiphone but having tweets and selfies shoved down my throat was annoying as hell. And that "this looks like a good spot..." needs to go
The only time I ever used food in KH3 was for the Data Battles/Secret Boss.

I guess I could have used the food during the main story and made things easier, but I didn't even think about food until I was struggling with the data battles.

D

Deleted member 252753

A little idea I thought would be nice is if you unlocked things on the Gummiphone by scanning QR codes hidden around worlds like Lucky Emblems. I think this is how Sora is supposed to get the Classic Kingdom games anyway so I think it would be better to actually scan the code. Maybe this could be used to unlock secret reports or other things too.

welken

Awards
Honestly, I hate the gummiphone. I'm fine with Sora having a camera, but a smartphone? 🙁 If the menu if going to become an in-story device, it should at least look cooler than the classic KH menu did. There should be more features to play with, something to justify it. You can't even hit up Riku. As a narrative device, I can't say those chats with Professor Ienzo have me wanting more. The kingstagram loading screens... they're light-hearted. But cheap. It would have rounded things off if they took the time to make the posts look like pictures those characters could have taken.
I didn't like hunting for hidden mickies or being reminded of their presence, and I didn't like them being tied to the secret ending. But I don't mind photography quests in general. It is cute watching characters react to the camera.

I didn't like cooking either! But at the same time, KH is a universal story. Food really should be represented somehow. I think if it were pared down, to just hunting for a few unique rare ingredients per world, and baking goods that feel at least as meaningful as a synthesized item, I'd like it. Cooking special meals for a story quest, I like that too. Assorted temporary power-ups, no thank you. It would be more satisfying to cook food just to watch the characters eat it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I can count on zero hands the number of times I actually used meals. & if I have to listen to Donald one more freaking time....

2 quid is good

Awards
If the gummiphone has as much presence in cutscenes in newer games as it did in KH3 I want it dropped faster than a hot potato

Soldier

Awards
I'm fine with the gummiphone existing (ironic because I hate the concept of selfie taking, considering how much suffering it brings from people's stupidity) so long as they implement a feature where you can repeatedly harass demyx and co. and exhaust his pre recorded lines. Who's with me!

GreyouTT

Awards
Phone yes. Food? Ehhh. There's only a couple bonuses I actually bother with, and having to do a mini-game to get them every time kinda gets old (and annoying) when you just wanna get a move on.

cakito123

Awards
I hate the gummiphone and I wnat them to go away forever.

I don't like at all how much easier is for the characters to talk to each other now. If you need to insert a character into the story and he/she lives in another world, make the PLAYER character travel there, maybe even play in there (I mean, that's what videogames are for) and give us a reason to be imersed in this universe. A gummiphone call makes the cutscene really bland and boring to watch... Who remembers when in KH1 Donald and goofy had to travel to a lot of disney worlds just to find mickey? lol good times, that's literally the entire KH1 playthrough that wouldn't exist if only mickey called donald and goofy

I mean, if the main cast needs to talk to someone, just make them find each other by some means that it is not so boring like the gummiphone is. Make scenes where you find them. And something happens. Or whatever that's not THIS. I'm all in for magical transportation powers like the corridors of darkness, but an accessible smartphone with videocalls? I'm sorry I really hate how easy for them to use this is

About foods, I like to find ingredients and get to cook them later for cool temporary upgrades, but only with EZ mode where I don't have to actually cook at all - I hate those Quick Time Events, I see how they could be a fun minigame (I mean, if cooking mama can be fun, so could this minigames) but all in all they are usually really short and difficult to understand at the same time. The fact I had to listen to that jingle everytime I failed trying to understand what it is I had to do really didn't help either. And it's unrealistic. How can sora nervously crack the egg in a specific way and serve a food as beautiful as those ones in the icons? ahaha

Back