• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gummi Ships and Space with PS4/X1

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSeven

Awards
I've been thinking about how the past iterations of Kingdom Hearts have been on pretty limited hardware and how this new game being on the PS4/X1 will make the game completely different.

I particular I was wondering how going from world to world might work or how the "openness of it" might become after I watched this presentation at E3 about "No Mans Sky".

[video=youtube;RRpDn5qPp3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRpDn5qPp3s[/video]

In the video you see someone taking off a plane directly from a planet and going into space, I wonder if something like this would be possible for KH3, expect with pre-determined landing points.

Although I doubt it will be anything like this, I think it would be pretty cool to travel in the Gummi ship in a vast space from world to world, with the option of "Hyper Drive" still.

Just a thought, why do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sdog

Awards
I wonder if something like this would be possible for KH3, expect with pre-determined landing points.

Which reminds me, where do they always park the ship? o_O

While it would be a cool concept, I personally wouldn't like to be able to to just see the gummi ship wherever I last landed. Think it would throw some of the KH vibe off for me, but then again I'm too needy.

Though I'm sure with the new hardware they'd try something new to connect the worlds via gummi ship flying. Since 'open world' is all the rage, though a fad I'm getting more and more tired of by the day, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something similar.

TheXVthMember

Has everybody forgot about a tiny thing they introduced in BBS? Keyblade Gliders. I really hope we see Sora, Riku, and maybe even Kairi get Keyblade gliders. That would just be awesome. I would prefer them to have Gummi Ship routes however. And I only say that because KH1 and KHII both had them, so I think KHIII needs them as well. But I hope that they're a lot better than they were in the previous games.

ok sunny

Awards
Something like this sounds pretty tricky. I wouldn't mind having a bit more open world than what the past games have within space. I like the idea of actually seeing the Gummi Ship parked somewhere on a world this time rather than being mysteriously hidden. I also think it'd be cool to have a third person view so they can customize what is around worlds and within space to give it more lively vibes. If they add something like that, I wouldn't even mind seeing other Gummi Ships introduced just as models flying in the backround or near you. Just thinking of ideas since the PS4 is much more capable than the PS2 & PS3!

Has everybody forgot about a tiny thing they introduced in BBS? Keyblade Gliders. I really hope we see Sora, Riku, and maybe even Kairi get Keyblade gliders. That would just be awesome. I would prefer them to have Gummi Ship routes however. And I only say that because KH1 and KHII both had them, so I think KHIII needs them as well. But I hope that they're a lot better than they were in the previous games.
We remember Keybade Gliders, who couldn't! But Sora may not even get Keyblade Armor to use a Glider, depending on who he travels with mostly. It'd be great to see him have that, but it'd take away the aspect of the gummi ship almost entirely where you can customize and travel with companions.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Gliders are supposed to be an antiquated form of travel compared to the Gummi Ship system, so definitely expect Gummi Ships to return. I'd personally love for KH to copy No Mans Sky. I got super pumped up when I saw the preview.

NeoshadowXC

Kingdom Hearts has a lot of staples, with "rooms" being one of them. I think they CAN do an open world environment, but it wouldn't work with the kind of tone they're used to maintaining within the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back