• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
^Here is the debut trailer

^The brand new guitars

Amazon recently leaked the existence of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, and now a new preview in Nintendo Power confirms this is indeed the next official sequel in Activision's immensely popular rhythm game franchise. It also confirms -- and elaborates on -- a number of leaked details we previously heard about the game, including what was referred to as a "Quest mode" and "back-to-basics" approach.
According to Neversoft's Brian Bright, the Quest mode is a completely story-driven campaign that begins with an "epic opening movie [about a battle between] the Beast and the demigod of Rock." The Beast defeats the demigod, and the demigod's "legendary guitar" is banished. "And so you are going through and assembling an army of warriors to be able to defeat the Beast," Bright explains. This no doubt includes the recruiting of characters we previously heard about, which can evidently transform into more powerful alter-egos.

But of course Guitar Hero is all about the music, and according to Bright, they're deliberately refocusing the soundtrack to favor the instrument in the franchise's title: Guitar. While Warriors of Rock will still be a band game and have many of the same features introduced in Guitar Hero 5 (Party Play, the ability to play in a group with any combination of instruments), the songs picked for the game will mostly be songs that lend themselves to great guitar gameplay. "So many more people play Guitar Hero on guitar than any other instrument," Bright explained. "We wanted to focus first and foremost on shredding kind of rock."

No specific songs were mentioned, nor was a release date given, although Amazon's leaked listing has Warriors of Rock set for September 21 (which seems likely enough, considering Guitar Hero 5 was released in September of last year as well). No doubt Activision will have a lot more to reveal on Warriors of Rock at E3 next month.

So what are your'e thoughts on this upcoming sequel? I like the idea of a theme that's going back to the original style of what GH used to be. Instead of trying to parallel Rock Band.

I would actually pre-order it (though I probably won't unless there's some GameStop bonus).
BTW to all Rock Band lovers/GH haters-
Guitar Hero was first!

UPDATE

Set List:
"Again" Flyleaf
"Aqualung" Jethro Tull
"Bat Country" Avenged Sevenfold
"Been Caught Stealing" Jane's Addiction
"Black Rain" Soundgarden
"Bleed It Out" Linkin Park
"Bloodlines" Dethklok
"Bodies" Drowning Pool
"Bohemian Rhapsody" Queen
"Chemical Warfare" Slayer
"Children of the Grave" Black Sabbath
"Dance, Dance" Fall Out Boy
"Dancing Through Sunday" AFI
"Fascination Street" The Cure
"Feels Like the First Time" Foreigner
"Fury of the Storm" DragonForce
"I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" My Chemical Romance
"If You Want Peace... Prepare for War" Children of Bodom
"Indians" Anthrax
"Interstate Love Song" Stone Temple Pilots
"Love Gun" Kiss
"Modern Day Cowboy" Tesla
"Money for Nothing" Dire Straits
"No Way Back" Foo Fighters
"Paranoid" (Live) Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne
"Pour Some Sugar on Me" (Live) Def Leppard
"Psychosocial" Slipknot
"(You Can Still) Rock in America" Night Ranger
"Self Esteem" The Offspring
"Sharp Dressed Man" (Live) ZZ Top
"Stray Cat Blues" The Rolling Stones
"Sudden Death" Megadeth
"The Outsider" A Perfect Circle
"There's No Secrets This Year" Silversun Pickups
"Tick Tick Boom" The Hives
"Uprising" Muse
"Waidmanns Heil" Rammstein
"We're Not Gonna Take It" Twisted Sister
"What Do I Get?" Buzzcocks
"Wish" Nine Inch Nails

Other Set List
AFI – “Dancing Through Sunday”
Anthrax – “Indians”
Avenged Sevenfold – “Bat Country”
Black Sabbath – “Children Of The Grave”
Buzzcocks – “What Do I Get?”
Children Of Bodom – “If You Want Peace... Prepare For War”
The Cure – “Fascination Street”
Def Leppard – “Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)”
Dethklok – “Bloodlines” • Dire Straits – “Money For Nothing”
DragonForce – “Fury of the Storm”
Drowning Pool – “Bodies”
Fall Out Boy – “Dance, Dance”
Foo Fighters – “No Way Back”
Foreigner – “Feels Like The First Time”
The Hives – “Tick Tick Boom”
Jane’s Addiction – “Been Caught Stealing”
Jethro Tull – “Aqualung”
KISS – “Love Gun”
Linkin Park – “Bleed It Out”
Megadeth – “Sudden Death”
Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne – “Paranoid (Live)”
Muse – “Uprising”
My Chemical Romance – “I'm Not Okay (I Promise)”
Night Ranger – “ (You Can Still) Rock In America”
Nine Inch Nails – “Wish”
The Offspring – “Self Esteem”
Queen – “Bohemian Rhapsody”
Rammstein – “Waidmanns Heil”
The Rolling Stones – “Stray Cat Blues”
Silversun Pickups – “There’s No Secrets This Year”
Slayer – “Chemical Warfare”
Slipknot – “Psychosocial”
Stone Temple Pilots – “Interstate Love Song”
ZZ Top – “Sharp Dressed Man (Live)”

Dave Mustaine Interview
When Dave Mustaine was asked to contribute a Megadeth track to the upcoming Guitar Hero: Warriors Of Rock game, he set about writing a track which non-guitarists could master.

He says he didn't want people giving up too soon so the song is structures for plastic stick users to be able to simulate its performance.

But the track was so simple when he delivered it, Guitar Hero bosses asked for more solos to be added – and Megadeth were only too happy to oblige.

Mustaine tells Kerrang: "People are saying, 'This isn't such a hard song to play.' But it's not about normal guitar players playing this. It's about people who can't play guitar playing guitar.

"We turned it in and they said 'We want more solos on it' so Chris Broderick and I went back into the studio and did more.

"Knowing what I know of the game and how difficult it is to play when you get on the expert level it's going to be challenging. The solos there are really difficult."

Megadeth played a blistering main stage set at Download 2010, a welcome workout for the Big 4 shows, while the Rust In Peace live DVD is coming out later this year.

With an autobiography in the pipeline and a hectic touring schedule ahead, Mustaine wants to get everything wrapped up for March next year, so that he can celebrate his 20th wedding anniversary. But that doesn’t mean that Mustaine has any intentions of slowing down.

He says: "For me it's about getting on stage and doing my job right. You hear things being played on stage, or you hear front men saying stuff and you think, "Oh my God, I'm better than that. I'm just better than that."

Meanwhile, Soundgarden will have Black Rain, a previously unreleased track, on the Guitar Hero game.

Awards
USA Today -
Activision has revealed the first details of its next Guitar Hero title, which will feature a redesigned controller and a new story mode.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock will release on Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and will feature 90 songs. Activision shared a peek at 24 of the songs on the setlist, shown below:
AFI -- Dancing Through Sunday
Avenged Sevenfold -- Bat Country
Black Sabbath -- Children Of The Grave
Buzzcocks -- What Do I Get?
Children Of Bodom -- If You Want Peace... Prepare For War
The Cure -- Fascination Street
Def Leppard -- Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)
Dethklok -- Bloodlines
DragonForce -- Fury of the Storm
Drowning Pool -- Bodies
Foo Fighters -- No Way Back
Foreigner -- Feels Like The First Time
Jane's Addiction -- Been Caught Stealing
KISS -- Love Gun
Megadeth -- Sudden Death
Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne -- Paranoid (Live)
Muse -- Uprising
My Chemical Romance -- I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
Queen -- Bohemian Rhapsody
Rammstein -- Waidmanns Heil
The Rolling Stones -- Stray Cat Blues
Silversun Pickups -- There's No Secrets This Year
Slayer -- Chemical Warfare
ZZ Top -- Sharp Dressed Man (Live)
A statement from Activision did not specify how the game's guitar peripheral other than it was "inspired and born from the game's unique art style and specifically made for shredding."
The Quest Mode, narrated by KISS' Gene Simmons, features eight characters aiding the Demi God of Rock as they try to save rock 'n roll from "The Beast."

Activision also says most tracks from Guitar Hero: World Tour forward will work with Warriors of Rock. No word on which tracks are involved or a release date for the game.

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
This is on the verge of being a great idea. I, however, think that the "Evolutions" will be, cheap, and get old after using it once. The guitar battles might get more interesting though. And the soundtrack is one of the best yet. GH5 disappointed me with it's soundtrack.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
So the story is basically Brutal Legend but in Rock Band...oh I'm sorry, Guitar Hero, form? Soundtrack is okay I guess, but they need more metal songs, and hasn't a great majority of the songs already been used in the series?

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
Hm....looks pretty neat actually but as for the setlist of songs...yeah ill pass

Jozi

It looks okay. It's nice to see they're trying something new.

It's actually been quoted that they were actually trying to get back to the basics.

BTW to Qster:
Your right, it does sound a lot like Brutal Legend in a way but it's quite different.

It's about a demi-god (Perseus Jackson anybody?) guitarist who loses to this thing called 'the beast'. And it's up to the Guitar Hero's to save his guitar...
And the Guitar Hero's can transform giving them bonus stuff.

Though I do hope Eddie Riggs is playable![Demon Eddie XD]

EDIT

The new guitar controllers!
To tell you the truth though, I don't like 'em.

The guys said they wanted to go back to the basics, this is more future[ry](I'd be fine if I just got a cool flying V).

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
the new guitar looks kinda cool but after you beat the shit out of it on expert it won't look that great lol

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
It's nice that they're trying to get back to the basics of what Guitar Hero is actually supposed to be, but, even despite the story addition, do we really need another Guitar Hero game? I mean, we've got floods of guitar and band games out there by now. When are they ever going to stop making those and rather concentrateon DLC or something?

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
GH1 was nifty.
GH2 was the shit.
GH3 was satisfying.
GHWT was a tad disappointing.
GH5 was a severe wall-banger. Same as the unnecessary Band Hero and Smash Hits.

This one seems promising. The setlist so far is good enough.
But let's wait until September (?).

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Hm...

How about when they get it right.

I thought that's just about what the two first games, or maybe even the third one too, did. D:

And even still, no. Because it's a huge cash cow.

That's probably the case, yeah. :l

Still, I just feel like these sequels don't really add anything worthwhile to the series as a whole with every new game they release. Except the whole band thing, of course, but technically that was RockBand's thing.

Jozi

Yeah your'e right, they never really add anything new to the platform. We can only hope that they try something more creative then Rock Band's format.

EDIT
Set List:

AFI – “Dancing Through Sunday”
Anthrax – “Indians”
Avenged Sevenfold – “Bat Country”
Black Sabbath – “Children Of The Grave”
Buzzcocks – “What Do I Get?”
Children Of Bodom – “If You Want Peace... Prepare For War”
The Cure – “Fascination Street”
Def Leppard – “Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)”
Dethklok – “Bloodlines” • Dire Straits – “Money For Nothing”
DragonForce – “Fury of the Storm”
Drowning Pool – “Bodies”
Fall Out Boy – “Dance, Dance”
Foo Fighters – “No Way Back”
Foreigner – “Feels Like The First Time”
The Hives – “Tick Tick Boom”
Jane’s Addiction – “Been Caught Stealing”
Jethro Tull – “Aqualung”
KISS – “Love Gun”
Linkin Park – “Bleed It Out”
Megadeth – “Sudden Death”
Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne – “Paranoid (Live)”
Muse – “Uprising”
My Chemical Romance – “I'm Not Okay (I Promise)”
Night Ranger – “ (You Can Still) Rock In America”
Nine Inch Nails – “Wish”
The Offspring – “Self Esteem”
Queen – “Bohemian Rhapsody”
Rammstein – “Waidmanns Heil”
The Rolling Stones – “Stray Cat Blues”
Silversun Pickups – “There’s No Secrets This Year”
Slayer – “Chemical Warfare”
Slipknot – “Psychosocial”
Stone Temple Pilots – “Interstate Love Song”
ZZ Top – “Sharp Dressed Man (Live)”

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
It looks slick but they better have something up their sleeve to really blow people away or else Rock Band 3's keyboard is going to steal their thunder.

Awards
Well I mean, Harmonix created Guitar Heros 1 and 2, and then left to go make Rock Band.
So, pretty much, they're obviously the creative ones.

And as for World Tour, it actually had a phenomenal setlist, but the game itself was dry.

Jozi

It looks slick but they better have something up their sleeve to really blow people away or else Rock Band 3's keyboard is going to steal their thunder.

Wait, who wants to play keyboard?
Ehh, never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back