• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Guitar Hero or Rock Band?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guitar Hero or Rock Band?

• Guitar Hero

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Rock Band

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
you do understand the original creators of Guitar Hero made Rock Band right? If anything, Guitar Hero is the sellout.

"HAY GUISE BRB SHITTY BAND TIEM."
"HAY GUISE BRB SHITTY DS SHIT GAME TIEM."
"HAY GUISE WE MAKE TEH FRIST GAEM TO HAZ DRUHMS AND GEETAR AND SINGIN."
Lady: Isn't that called Rock Band?
"NO LADI J00 IS FAIHL."

Btw, anyone have a link to that vid with the lady saying isn't that Rock Band?

EDIT: Nevermind found it.

YouTube - Guitar Hero: World Tour On Stage Debut Demo

:D

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I prefer Guitar Hero. To me, it is much more challenging, and I like the songs more.

Seriously, why do people get say get all worked up and say, "BWA HA HA!!! GH IS TEH COPYCAT! ROCK BAND HAD THE MULTI INSTROMANTS F1RST!!!". Who cares? It's the natural progression of a rhythm game like this, and just because Rock Band did it first doesn't mean that Guitar Hero: World Tour is any less awesome (after all, no one bad mouths the huge flood of FPS games that have been released recently; I've never heard people call them copycats of each other).

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
I prefer Guitar Hero. To me, it is much more challenging, and I like the songs more.

Seriously, why do people get say get all worked up and say, "BWA HA HA!!! GH IS TEH COPYCAT! ROCK BAND HAD THE MULTI INSTROMANTS F1RST!!!". Who cares? It's the natural progression of a rhythm game like this, and just because Rock Band did it first doesn't mean that Guitar Hero: World Tour is any less awesome (after all, no one bad mouths the huge flood of FPS games that have been released recently; I've never heard people call them copycats of each other).
Thank you.
And I like GH better.

S

Shadow Soldier

What the f*ck is with all these stupid f*cking threads with Rock Band and Guitar Hero all of a sudden? People should learn to f*cking search next time, it's ridiculous.

Spic Steve

Awards
It's not the fact that they have drums and shit, because it is progression. But when your company goes on record saying, "THIS BE TEH FRIST blah blah blah" THEN you're a copycat/whore/sellout.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Well, Guitar Hero is DDR with instruments (essentially), and Rock Band is Guitar Hero with MORE instruments.

There are just the little differences that sway people's opinions.

I just have Guitar Hero because it came first.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

*Cough*Ido*cough*

It does mean that it's less awesome, just because it can't come out with anything else.

Either way, I'm sure I'll shell out the $200 I'm sure they'll sell it for, eventually.

Rock Band 2 first, though.

I just have Guitar Hero because it came first.

I assume you mean GH3? Since that's what we're essentially comparing. GH3 and Rock Band. You can't really say that you like the first two more that Rock Band since, as stated before, they were made by the same company.

U

Ultima Sacrifice

Guitar Hero is definitely better. For one thing: The guitar for Rock Band sucks. It's basically UBER EPIC FAIL. It just doesn't work. Rock Band isn't as good as it could be. As for the "copycat" controversy, who cares? It doesn't matter who "did it first." What matters is how much fun you have.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Or maybe what matters is how much fun you have.

Go to a party, who WOULDN'T want to start a band? Let's see: Rock Band - 4 players, Guitar Hero - 2 players.

Rock Band - More diverse

Guitar Hero - Two instruments.

Rock Band sounds like a win to me. And don't call me a stupid fanboy (cause I know you're thinking it) I own all three GH and Rock Band.

M

Miss Murder

I've only played RB once in a group, but I've always liked the GH series. I'm sure I'd love RB too if I had played it more.

Still once GH4 comes out ( few years, I think? ) it'll probably be far better than RB2. Customized characters and guitars, able to download songs, and I think more instruments unless I'm mistaken.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
There are 5 GH games (1, 2, Rt80s, 3 and Aersomith)

Versus threads are in FI folks

If you want to be that way, there's six. (1, 2, Rt80's, 3, Aerosmith, and On Tour) and World Tour coming out.

I was talking about the main console ones.

Spic Steve

Awards
Still once GH4 comes out ( few years, I think? ) it'll probably be far better than RB2. Customized characters and guitars, able to download songs, and I think more instruments unless I'm mistaken.

Well, lets see how bad you were wrong.
Rock Band has Customized characters/guitars
Rock Band has a MUCH bigger collection of DLC than GHIII, and the DLC from Rock Band will work in Rock Band 2
No more instruments. On either side.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Well, lets see how bad you were wrong.
Rock Band has Customized characters/guitars
Rock Band has a MUCH bigger collection of DLC than GHIII, and the DLC from Rock Band will work in Rock Band 2
No more instruments. On either side.

It may have a MUCH bigger collection of DLC, but there were more songs in GH3 from the start (about 20, if I remember correctly). Also, I doubt that the Rock Band customization is as deep as the customization for GH:WT (not to mention that GH:WT has customizable songs and graphics).

S

Shadow Soldier

lol what? Customizable graphics? LOL.

All of that stuff, you don't need, and all of that stuff, they got from Harmonix before Harmonix moved onto something better.

SSLaertes

Seeker of Darkness
Lol, I swear, more RB/GH threads.

Here's my opinion...
Guitar Hero- Only thing from Neversoft's "Guitar Hero" is the fact, the plastic guitar is made way better, the game is more difficult than the Rock Band Guitar, and there is more of a heavy metal focus on Guitar Hero. (such as "Way It Ends", "Take This Life", "One") since it is a "Guitar Game". Also love the character cast =P

Rock Band- I could careless about vox, and the guitar was a good idea when they were leaking info, but it didn't really add up at the end (solo frets were useless). DRUMS! That's the only thing I play RB for other than Full Band, though they were rather easy IMO, natural rhythm I guess. Few things off about the RB drums that any legit player would ask, why are there certain notes not played when you go through the charts, where are my cymbals!? and where is my Double bass expansion with Hardcore Rock. (THE A7X DLC wasn't as good as it could of been, half assed charts because no double bass)

I guess to end this all, they both have their faults and good points. I love how first it was all this "Rock Band is a Guitar Hero Rip off" to "Guitar Hero World Tour is ripping off Rock Band!". If you want to go this far, I can say Guitar Hero ripped off Guitar Freaks (which is such a simple game, 3 fret buttons) and Rock Band ripped off all the Konami music games lawl.

Both games are rather tied for me, and they all play good music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back