• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Guessing game: What'll be the OP stat/ability of KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Every KH has had some element of the gameplay that was overpowered compared to the rest of the mechanics, to the point that it becomes the recommended focus of the player & even the sole reliable means of defeating the high-level bosses. It is also always something different every game instead of a single attribute dominating the whole series.

KH1: MP, the more you can Cure or spam special attacks, the better.

CoM: CP, bigger decks, higher value cards, & more sleights outweigh HP much of the time.

KH2: AP & Reflect. Heaps loads of new abilities expanded Sora's combos & Reflect is almost the only reliable way to survive many bonus bosses. In the vanilla version Knocksmash was crazy devastating.

Days: Critical hits. With the right setup, a few characters like Saix or Mickey could take off whole bars of HP every other hit.

BBS: Shot-locks & block/counter. There are too many bosses where these are just about the only means of victory. Zero Gravity/Magnet for mobs.

RE:Coded: Ok you got me, nobody played Coded.

DDD: Balloons, I'll never look at Up the same way again.

Chi: Your wallet.

So what will it be for KH3? Will summons finally be worth a damn for once? Maybe Shot-Locks come back in vogue? Is the Hype Train literally too much for Xehanort & friends to bear? Perhaps it is HP's time to shine? Will we simply be sitting back & watching Goofy clean house left & right?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
RE:Coded: Ok you got me, nobody played Coded.

B*tch, you callin' me out? ...There wasn't really much in the way of OPness in Re:coded except with commands like Triple Pursuit and Judgement Triad. Also maxing out the Stat Matrix would make you OP for most things.

As for KH3, I can say with certainty it WON'T be Attraction Flow or summons. They are more about crowd control than being your quick path to victory. I imagine what will be OP in KH3 will actually be magic.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Magic is the most likely OP ability in the game (although the game is looking to be pretty easy anyways).

Most underpowered is probably going to be the Pirate Ship. That thing looks straight up awful.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
As for KH3, I can say with certainty it WON'T be Attraction Flow or summons. They are more about crowd control than being your quick path to victory. I imagine what will be OP in KH3 will actually be magic.

Yen Sid: "Sora, you need new powers to defeat Xehanort. So here's a bunch of stuff that's useless against him & only good against level 1 shadows."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yen Sid: "Sora, you need new powers to defeat Xehanort. So here's a bunch of stuff that's useless against him & only good against level 1 shadows."

I mean isn’t that what happened in KH2?

But really, playing around with the different Attraction Flows and like all of three summons I could play with during the Premiere Event and at E3, they weren’t any more powerful than any other ability present. They each have their pros and cons.

Magic was really the one thing that felt stronger than everything else because of those finishers you could trigger.

sephydark

Awards
Makes sense that magic would be OP in KH3, since in all the other games with the command menu (1, 2, and Days) it was really good. Luckily I like playing those games mage-style, so I'll be ready!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder if there will be more unique situation commands based on some of the higher level attacks from the command deck games. Like maybe we could learn Mega Flare as an ability and it would be activated by mixing certain attacks and magic. If so, I’m sure some of those will be OP.

TheMostRad

Since we know for certain it's coming back, I don't see why Shotlocks won't be the go-to OP ability again, especially if the Focus gauge (or its KH3 equivalent) recharges as quickly as it did towards the end of BbS.

Leaferian

Awards
Based on 0.2, mobile Thundaga spam will likely be an area wiper.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Since we know for certain it's coming back, I don't see why Shotlocks won't be the go-to OP ability again, especially if the Focus gauge (or its KH3 equivalent) recharges as quickly as it did towards the end of BbS.

They are more tricky to use in KH3, and are more similar to how they worked in 2.8.

I’m thinking KH3 will be more of a sum of its parts compared to previous games. Combine everything together with the right timing and you will be OP. Try to spam one thing constantly and it won’t get you too far.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
They are more tricky to use in KH3, and are more similar to how they worked in 2.8.

I’m thinking KH3 will be more of a sum of its parts compared to previous games. Combine everything together with the right timing and you will be OP. Try to spam one thing constantly and it won’t get you too far.

Shotlocks are actually almost pathetically situational in KH3 in that they deal decent damage, but run out almost instantly. You won't be spending much time doing them at all throughout your playthrough with how hard Focus is to come by.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Shotlocks are actually almost pathetically situational in KH3 in that they deal decent damage, but run out almost instantly. You won't be spending much time doing them at all throughout your playthrough with how hard Focus is to come by.

Yeah. It never felt like I needed to use them, either, when there were so many better ways to defeat enemies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I hope everyone's right about magic being OP in KH3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I hope everyone's right about magic being OP in KH3.
It was certainly powerful in the demo. The other stuff, like summons and shotlock, were fantastic, especially with crowds, but they took a while to use whereas magic was instant, quick, and powerful.

No doubt we’d be back to the basics of magic early on which makes alternate gameplay elements vital but towards the end there’s probably no quicker way than to just shock a group of enemies with Thunder and Aero.

Crimson Crusader

Sarcasmbot
Awards
Sora's shoes will be OP. He'll crush all heartless and nobodies in his path with those huge shoes.

But seriously, Switching out multiple keyblades for possible infinite combos seems to me seems like it'll be OP. Depending on your keyblade setup, you could have infinite combos, deal massive amounts of damage, spam more magic ECT.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I agree with everyone that Magic will be OP and i'm sure that in Magic Form, the Za/Ja spells (whenever you unlock them) will be pretty OP too.

I think Second Form could end up being pretty OP too, I remember Limit form in KH2FM being pretty strong.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I agree with everyone that Magic will be OP and i'm sure that in Magic Form, the Za/Ja spells (whenever you unlock them) will be pretty OP too.

I think Second Form could end up being pretty OP too, I remember Limit form in KH2FM being pretty strong.

Second Form has an issue where moves that were safe in KH2 are now longer, slower, and less safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back