• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Guardians of the Galaxy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Well a Guardians movie has been pretty much confirmed for a while. I guess they will formally announce it at SDCC. Anyway I hope they're not trying to make this happen in live action:

[video=youtube;vLMq7lRqgqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLMq7lRqgqY&feature=related[/video]

They really shouldn't.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
He's referring to how it will hopefully not result in the inevitable conclusion of the Guardians meeting with the Avengers.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
He's referring to how it will hopefully not result in the inevitable conclusion of the Guardians meeting with the Avengers.

This.

I'm down with a live action Guardians of the Galaxy film, I just hope they do not try to tie it in with an Avengers film. Especially considering the Thanos bit.

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
Wait why? I'm hoping they connect. Tho they're going to be compared probably but that might not be that bad.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Personally the only part I wouldn't mind of that would be the Guardians making a cameo to help the Avengers at the last minute for backup against something. Other then that, yeah, that can stay away.

Maybe we'd seen Nova's temporary alignment with the Avengers though?

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
The Avengers, as they are, are nowhere near strong enough to take on Thanos. Not even with the help of (supposedly) Dr. Strange. The Guardians are the most likely characters to shrink that gap in power.

I'm curious who the cast of characters will be, because the Guardians have gone through several roster changes and (unlike the Avengers) don't seem to have much of a core group. Nova's a no-brainer, and I'm willing to bet Rocket Raccoon will be on there. But who else? It's also worth noting that Iron Man 3 will see Marvel's first major departure from the comic's canon by having Iron Man wear the Norman Osbourne's Iron Patriot armor. So they may be willing to make the Guardian's lineup consist of more mainstream names.

What would be hilarious to me is if they got some Inhumans characters involved, especially Blackbolt. Because he's usually associated with the Fantastic Four or X-Men more than anyone else, but since Fox hasn't used them...they could be free game.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Depends which Strange. Classic Strange was extremely powerful. Even now Dr. Strange is one of the strongest in the Marvel Universe, but this all hinges on whether he is that powerful in his movie. He's definitely a boost to fight Thanos though. I figure the key to that in the movie with Thanos though is basically all on Odin possessing the Infinity Gauntlet.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
Oh yeah I'm usually the first to brag on Strange, but my comment was based around Thanos getting the Infinity Gauntlet. With that, Strange is barely a factor. Without...yeah I guess he could event the tides some, especially with the Sorcerer Supreme title.

matrix8140

Well idk if you've guys read or whatever but Update Guardians of the Galaxy Movie to be Announced at SDCC - IGN

UPDATE: The Hollywood Reporter confirms the above report, also citing the strength of Nicole Perlman's GOTG script as a big reason why it's moving forward ahead of other Marvel movies in development: "She also has written two drafts of Guardians that are highly regarded. Adding to the heat surrounding Guardians is the fact that Marvel is currently on the hunt for a director. Those in the know say the project is in line with Avengers in tone in the sense there is plenty of comedic elements on display."

This is extremely good news. The Avengers will connect with them which I wanted from the get go because I want to see a large MCU. And it's also good that there have been two drafts of the film that are highly regarded and that it's being pushed because of that fact. And yup I knew it was gonna get compared. Kinda gonna fill in the gap for those who want a super group(can I call them that?) with some fun in-between the big features.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Yeah, I'm sure it will be announced at SDCC.

The comic that launched for The Avengers movie, Avengers Assemble (which will in turn be adapted into the new animated series), will feature the Guardians next month. There's an ad in Spider-Men 3 that came out today.

"Two Teams Against Thanos"

They're likely doing that to begin introducing them to more people.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Yup, so official Release Date: August 1, 2014

detail.jpg

detail.jpg

SDCC 2012: Guardians & Ant-Man Films on the Way | News | Marvel.com

I don't know why, but I didn't expect to see Groot. Glad to see he's there. :)

matrix8140

They look epic. Especially Rocket. Like. He looks like he'll be vicious as crap...and cute. Lol.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
So I guess Nova didn't make the cut? Was really hoping to see him. I know he's not a traditional Guardian, but this is Marvel's best chance to introduce all their cosmic characters. I'm also hoping to see the Watcher, and hoping they can wrangle the Silver Surfer and Galactus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back