• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Guardians of the Galaxy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I reeeaally hope Nova gets in. I don't think he's a Guardian in the comics anymore, but he's sure as shit a great person to use for a film like this.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
So I guess Nova didn't make the cut? Was really hoping to see him. I know he's not a traditional Guardian, but this is Marvel's best chance to introduce all their cosmic characters. I'm also hoping to see the Watcher, and hoping they can wrangle the Silver Surfer and Galactus.

Yeah, if you're referring to the Thanos Imperative, I don't see that happening.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I'm not. Nova's just a really good cosmic level hero who's becoming more and more popular. He'd be a great addition to this movie, as would the Surfer. Comic canon be damned, those to being Guardians would make my day.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
High quality.

guardiansofthegalaxysdc.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/JohnnyStooge/guardiansofthegalaxysdc.jpg

So it's obviously Drax, Groot, Starlord, Rocket Raccoon and Gamora. No Adam Warlock. :( I have a feeling it was great timing of me to buy up all those Marvel Cosmic trades a few months ago.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I got to say, I'm not that knowledgeable about Cosmic Marvel stories, but that picture got me exited anyway. :p I'm looking forward to the other titles in that link too. Seems we didn't need to wait long for the return of Barnes.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
There's not much to know, outside of the fact that Hulk isn't remotely impressive next to most cosmic level baddies.

So it's obviously Drax, Groot, Starlord, Rocket Raccoon and Gamora. No Adam Warlock. :( I have a feeling it was great timing of me to buy up all those Marvel Cosmic trades a few months ago.

If I had to guess, the only reason we don't see Adam Warlock is because of Dr. Strange.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
Oh! And since we're talking about cosmic level baddies, I totally forgot about the one group that makes Galactus look a kitten.
2286251-host.jpg

The Celestials are an ancient cosmic race that used their godlike abilities to experiment on lower life forms. They are responsible for mankind's potential to gain superhuman powers. They're also very petty and vindictive, and if Marvel is planning on bringing the Infinity Gauntlet into the movie universe, I wouldn't be surprised if these guys came with the package.

Then there's The Beyonder, who is the answer to "What if God was one of us?"
1052845-____________super.jpg

That's Mr. Fantastic, Dr. Strange (at his most powerful), and Professor X all three shitting their pants at the very sight of him, if that says anything. The man blinks universes into existence on a whim. He is literally the most powerful entity in comic book history, and he looks like a white 80s Micheal Jackson.

So yeah dude Hulk aint shit in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
No, I said in comparison to cosmic enemies, he's nothing. =V

There's not much to know, outside of the fact that Hulk isn't remotely impressive next to most cosmic level baddies.

I was just point out just how big the scale gets when you venture into Marvel's cosmic stuff.

Also check out my edited post if you haven't. It's more in relation with what the possible plot to Avengers 2 could be, but if GotG is going to relate even remotely to Thanos (which I'm pretty sure it will), and with it already being known that the Infinity Gauntlet exists in the movie universe, I would LOVE to see Thanos throw down with some Celestials on the big screen.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
You had me at Karen Gillan. I will take fifty tickets.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
Wow. I had my reservations, I'll admit, but I'm in love with every member of this cast. And now one of my all time favorite actors is getting to play a reoccurring character (PLEASE LET BENICIO PLAY DR. STRANGE) in the MCU. It's going to take alot for this movie to fail now, in my eyes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back