• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Grizzly's 12 Shots of Spring and Summer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Like many others, I'm going to keep all of my entries into this one thread. I'm considering attempting to make every entry in the challenge part of one small coherent story. It seems it'll add to the challenge, but I think I should be able to do it.

Prompt 1: 20 Minutes or Less
I decided to go ahead and do this one first in order to shake some of the rust off, as it has been a little while since I've sat down to write anything. This one is actually somewhat challenging for someone like me, as I spend a very long and detailed amount of time on everything I write, and I typically have an idea on what I plan on writing before I actually do it. This one was certainly shorter than I'm used to and certainly more spontaneous. I've never shown anyone a piece that I haven't really edited myself first, so this is a new one for me. I hope you enjoy!
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Prompt 2: Three Days Challenge
I decided to continue with the story of the previous challenge. I'm unsure how much I'll continue it in future challenges yet, but I'll see what comes to mind. This one is extremely long compared to my other piece, so feel free to break it up and comment on a little at a time as you get through it. I've pasted it from Word into a google doc due to the length.

Prompts 3 and 4: Dearly Beloved and Hospital
I went ahead and changed things up for this one. I decided to deviate from the story in the first two prompts in order to deliver a more emotional, thought-provoking piece. This is in part the direction where I wish to direct some of my potential future novels, and therefore is a mood and atmosphere I'll be working with a little more often. The covering of the Dearly Beloved prompt should be fairly obvious in this one, and I've received permission to label it with the Hospital prompt as well. Even though it doesn't feature an actual hospital, it shows the caretaking of a sickly individual. Without more blabbering, here's "A Sliver of Hope".
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

AuroraX

Awards
This was really cool. It took a little bit to get into the flow, but once it did, I was hooked! I wish there was more to this. XD Looking forward to reading your other entries!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
20 Minutes or Less

You deserve a round of applause, Grizzly. I could feel Kaidan's frustration or despair about what he done. What surprises me even further is Kaidan being knocked around for some answers. For a brief moment, I thought he was somebody taken to jail for whatever crime he committed, but that's not the case. And yeah, I didn't expect that at all. And damn, do I like Kaidan already. You really know how to pull a reader into a scene and hooked for more. I wonder if Kaidan will survive his interrogation or not? Either way, I loved reading it. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us to read, Grizzly. <3

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
20 Minutes or Less

You deserve a round of applause, Grizzly. I could feel Kaidan's frustration or despair about what he done. What surprises me even further is Kaidan being knocked around for some answers. For a brief moment, I thought he was somebody taken to jail for whatever crime he committed, but that's not the case. And yeah, I didn't expect that at all. And damn, do I like Kaidan already. You really know how to pull a reader into a scene and hooked for more. I wonder if Kaidan will survive his interrogation or not? Either way, I loved reading it. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us to read, Grizzly. <3

My apologies for never responding, but I'm so stoked that you really enjoyed it. My next piece is up, and I cannot wait to hear your thoughts on this one.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Substance Cobalt

Can I just say this is freaking awesome? Is it me or did somebody betray information to capture Kaidan? Damn, losing his arm for a bomb he set himself really sucks, and being captured inside of a building with no way out makes it worse. I suppose it's because of the vials of substance cobalt that make it so hard to leave the building. I wonder if he needed the dead soldier's hand to let himself out? Or it was a one way door? Either way, I feel really bad for him. He went all that way for his brother and to rebel against the capital only to fail. Furthermore, I still love the depth of the story of Kaidan being apart of a elite military operation. <3 He sounds so badass with his group. And this was so good too. Wish there was more!

And it's okay, Grizzly. :) Happy to share my thoughts on your pieces. <3

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Substance Cobalt

Can I just say this is freaking awesome? Is it me or did somebody betray information to capture Kaidan? Damn, losing his arm for a bomb he set himself really sucks, and being captured inside of a building with no way out makes it worse. I suppose it's because of the vials of substance cobalt that make it so hard to leave the building. I wonder if he needed the dead soldier's hand to let himself out? Or it was a one way door? Either way, I feel really bad for him. He went all that way for his brother and to rebel against the capital only to fail. Furthermore, I still love the depth of the story of Kaidan being apart of a elite military operation. <3 He sounds so badass with his group. And this was so good too. Wish there was more!

And it's okay, Grizzly. :) Happy to share my thoughts on your pieces. <3

I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed it! That piece essentially served as the first chapter for one of the novels I had planned, but I'm sort of at a crossroads for which novel I want to take on. This one is filled with action and a bit simpler form of writing in order for the writing to lend itself to the fast-paced nature of the book, with a focus on morality and sacrifice. The other is more atmospheric, and while still filled with action, focuses a lot more on human emotion and the environment. The setting, which I have yet to fully expand on in this story, is nearly the same in both, as are the characters, so it's a matter of which story better fits the world I'm attempting to create.

I don't wish to spoil the reasoning behind Kaidan's capture, only because it plays heavily into the story, but I think it is a far deeper cut than just betrayed information. This is a story with a lot of layers and a lot of characters, and so Kaidan's capture is sure to be a big reveal once all of the dust settles. The substance within the vials plays a critical role into what is to become of Kaidan. Kaidan himself is sort of set up to be this huge badass, but the emotion behind it all is really who he is inside, something I intend to explore further, regardless of which story I go with.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Giving this a bump so everyone who wishes can see that I added a new piece to the OP. I'm really proud of this one, and I hope everyone enjoys it. I tried to show a bit more versatility this time around, and I think it turned out pretty well.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
A Sliver of Hope

I don't think I could give this piece enough justice to describe it in words. This hits me on a emotional level because, merely imagining myself in Celine's shoes leaves me a choking mess. I doubt I could be as straight faced or brave as Celine in those circumstances. I can't begin to imagine what it'd be like to see my own mother like that, or having to put so much hope into mythological medicine into making things better. In short, you've really out done yourself, Grizzly. This is a piece I certainly won't be forgetting any time soon, and it makes me want to cherish my own mother that much more.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
A Sliver of Hope

I don't think I could give this piece enough justice to describe it in words. This hits me on a emotional level because, merely imagining myself in Celine's shoes leaves me a choking mess. I doubt I could be as straight faced or brave as Celine in those circumstances. I can't begin to imagine what it'd be like to see my own mother like that, or having to put so much hope into mythological medicine into making things better. In short, you've really out done yourself, Grizzly. This is a piece I certainly won't be forgetting any time soon, and it makes me want to cherish my own mother that much more.

You are too kind! This was a bit more of a draining piece to write, but I'm really happy it turned out so well. Thank you!

AuroraX

Awards
Just read prompt #2. Was a bit hesitant to read it, seeing that it was fairly long, but really glad I did. The story flowed so smoothly, I'd swear this was already published work. The grammar was spot on and the story was freaking fantastic. I was completely drawn in. You did a wonderful job of establishing the relationship between Kaiden and Germane well. Your descriptions are really well done, gives the reader just enough but allows their imagination to still flow. Not sure if you plan on adding more to this story, but if you do, I definitely want to read more. I also would like to know what happens to Kaiden next. :D Plan on reading prompt #3/4 soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back