• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Grimoire Of...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

purgatory

Awards
Grimoire Of...?
Multiple-Universe Crossover
Cross-Over List [Highlighting the heaviest influences]

Kingdom Hearts
Medaka Box [Narrarator >Reference here]
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Infamous
Hunter X Hunter [
Sympathizing with the enemy]
Kill La Kill [Kamui Battle]
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann [GATTAI]
Busou Renkin [Protecting the Enemy Scenario 1, 2, 3, 4]
Defense Devil [Inspiration 1, 2, 3]
Fr@gmen+s (Found here)
Borderlands 2's very own Handsome Jack as a winning Personality
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Monokuma + Junko Enoshima's Mastermind Cunning)

I chose to leave out one MAJOR reference, because I would risk people's curiosity to highlight spoiler tags...
~~~~~~-~~~~~~

Introduction "Shhh, you're fast asleep."
My name is________, but people know me as "The OmniSkill" I've grown notorious across the stars for my ability to create Orchestrate, Write, Create. But what do I create is what you're probably questioning, "Superpowers". I can make any supernatural gift and bestow as well as remove it from any living thing, as well as myself at any given time. Pretty neat huh?

Anyway moving on. Right now you're dreaming, in the real world you're fast asleep so there is no cause for alarm. Now, let me explain to you the nature of your presence, I am recruiting you right now. This is not something happening to you by chance or at complete random, you have a much greater purpose, yes, one that I can assure you will be very much worth your time. You see, in my skill creating, I created another world and I need other people to inhabit it for a while and mingle with my creations. I chose a wide variety of people, some from different backgrounds, some from the very same, but each's destiny will undoubtedly become entangled with those around them as you progress through my story.

This is a story of friendship. This is a story of betrayal. This is a great mystery, but most importantly the forces that I've created propose a challenge to be met. Ultimately the true purpose behind why you're all collected will be determined at a later date. When you wake up, you'll discover yourself

[Your] Statement of Purpose
You know those things that colleges ask you for when you're applying for some kind of fancy pants university? The reason you want to attend their school? Well this is nothing like that, instead I want you to make up a reason, give me honest guess as to why you think I elected you to come here. Tell me a little about yourself, your hometown, hell even what universe I plucked you from. Yes, I've read plenty of books, I've read many non-fictions, graphic novels, tall tales, television programs, and fairy tales but thats besides the point. Give me a very fun guess at the very least.

[Your] Powers
I feel like I should be the one to tell you this, but I'm not trying to be a douchebag or anything...oh well, here goes. Your powers are for the most part, my powers. You're pulled here against your own Volition and essentially that means I pretty much "own you". Not in the literal sense, but I do own your powers, and as a disclaimer I can bestow upon you new ones, more perfect existing ones, or even take them away when I see or feel the need to. I'll tend to do more of the first two, but the third at times just to keep things interesting. If you want to whine and cry about any of these conditions, feel free to be an addition to the body count behind me. -Points over his shoulder at a mountain of skeletons- Thats what I thought! Now let me be expressly specific and clarify this now, no one has entered with the ability to teleport, manipulate space-time, alternate realities, or even with some manner and/or kind of omniscience, that'd just be unfair to the other participants wouldn't you agree? Everything is tiered, i'll be giving you your gifts upon your orientation.

Here is what I mean by giving you more perfect abilities or taking them away.

[no power]

[Endurance]

[Enhanced Durability/High Pain Resistance]

[Indestructibility/Invulnerability]

I'm a really picky and vividly specific kind of guy, if I don't like your powers I'm gonna replace them with something to match your personality to start. I'll even do a little shuffling every so often so you don't get stuck with the same old boring thing while you make this journey through the world I've got in store for you.

Closing Stament!
Did you get all that pumpkin? You did. Thats great, now do me a favor and wake your ass up already...oh, I forgot to mention I already abducted you while we're having this cute little conversation/confrontation. It'll be like your waking up to reality as you know it, how weird is that? I tried to make the shackles on the chairs as painless as possible and there are inhibitors in place so you don't try anything I wouldn't have already thought of if I were abducted.

~~~~~~

[ BRIEF ]
I'm sure everybody's got questions for purgatory. Well let me simplify this as much as possible in simple bullets.

• [*=1|left]The situation is you're trapped inside of "The OmniSkill's book"
    [*=1|left]You can create a character from any form of fiction or even be normal if thats your preference.
    [*=1|left]This thread itself will be for both discussion as well as interest in joining. The actual role-play itself will serve as the platform for role-players joining indiscriminately. Please use this thread to express your interest prior the time of the actual role-play being posted so I can make grouping preparations.
    [*=1|left]The world inside of the book is one that will grow as you finish requests made by The OmniSkill.
    [*=1|left]The inside of the book is about 40 - 50% of the role-play.
    [*=1|left]Outside the book is where the nature of why you were selected unfolds.
    [*=1|left]I chose various themes from the things I've seen.
    [*=1|left]If you refer to my list of Cross-over references, they will be heavy themes. I was forced to omit a few because they imply major spoilers to the 2nd half of the role-play.
    [*=1|left]The RP will start with a minimum of Six people as one group. Or 2 groups of 5 people each. Or finally 3 groups of 4 people each. If it evens out, the set ups will change. One character per role-player.

[ Rules ]

• [*=left]Godmodding is bound to happen when I give role-players more perfect versions of their existing powers, and I reserve the right as host, narrator, and for purposes of plot to define your powers or conversely, take them away during set parameters, both scenarios are temporary but can be permanent based on what is needed of the role-players affected.
    [*=left]Powerplaying contrastly, is approached critically. This is however acceptable only at the consent of both/all parties it effects.
    [*=left]There will be no template or place holders for this role-play. I do however ask that everyone's first post in the actual Roleplay include a [My] Statement of Purpose and [My] Powers section as the first two pieces of everyone's posts. Following reactions directed at the Narrator or other role-players that posted ahead of you are fine, but those two are priorities.
    [*=left]Keep swearing to PG-13 levels and intimate moments can be handled maturely as well.
    [*=left]I only ask that if you join, post in a consistent manner, and be responsible in updating me on your availability when/if possible.
    [*=left]Lastly have fun and please enjoy this project that I have spent half a year in putting together.

[ Roleplayers ]

• [*=2|left][Surreal Recusant]
    [*=2|left][Eva]
    [*=2|left][]
    [*=2|left][]
    [*=2|left][]
    [*=2|left][]
    [*=2|left][]
    [*=2|left][]
    [*=2|left][]
    [*=2|left][]
    [*=2|left][]

Last edited:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
purgatory said:
There will be no template or place holders for this role-play. I do however ask that everyone's first post in the actual Roleplay include a [My] Statement of Purpose and [My] Powers section as the first two pieces of everyone's posts. Following reactions directed at the Narrator or other role-players that posted ahead of you are fine, but those two are priorities.
I take it we're waiting for the RP thread to start then?

And there is (as of yet) no single 'world' to ground these characters in? They're all coming from separate 'universes'?

purgatory

Awards
Correct. It didn't occur to me at the time to post an initial thread, because of my inability to close it prior to gaining interest or surveying role-players questions.

There is no world beneath anyone as of yet, the initial dialogue of this book is going to be treated at face value introductions. A prelude to the prologue if you will. I have a prepared event list as Narrator in a saved document, which will be added to the opening post. I figured that would've made the opening post too long...and double posting is against the rules?

Shinra

Banned
Awards
my statement of purpose? I suppose it's the pursuit of knowledge so I can use it how I will.

my power is the progressive manipulation of energy...

Energy absorption- being able to absorb forms of non-corporeal energy like electricity and fire and even explosive force and restore vitality.(Can only absorb Electrical, Combustable, and Extreme Kinetic energy)

Energy Charge- as I absorb more energy the stronger my metabolism becomes. I can run faster, heal wounds much quicker, and lift heavier than before but it's only temporary because my body burns it out to restore it's energetic balance. If I absorb too much energy it can cause my body to possibly release all the energy I absorb as a pure explosion of energy.

Energetic Release- I can release three forms of energy from my body, pure Kinetic energy, fire, or electricity on command. in short I'm basically a fusion of a Jedi, Cole Mcgrath, and Pyro. I can also combine fire and kinetic energy to create explosive energy but it all depends on how much energy I have within my body... if I drain it too much I can and will die if I use too much.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Correct. It didn't occur to me at the time to post an initial thread, because of my inability to close it prior to gaining interest or surveying role-players questions.

There is no world beneath anyone as of yet, the initial dialogue of this book is going to be treated at face value introductions. A prelude to the prologue if you will. I have a prepared event list as Narrator in a saved document, which will be added to the opening post. I figured that would've made the opening post too long...and double posting is against the rules?
But our characters come from somewhere, correct? The introduction above suggests that all the characters exist in the 'real world', and in fact there are multiple worlds or even multiple universes.

purgatory said:
Tell me a little about yourself, your hometown, hell even what universe I plucked you from. Yes, I've read plenty of books, I've read many non-fictions, graphic novels, tall tales, television programs, and fairy tales but thats besides the point.
So do we determine what world our character comes from, fictional or otherwise?

purgatory

Awards
The brief does not say this as directly as the opening does, but all characters involved are plucked from different canons/universes. Giving the participants the power to create a character from any one fictional background, to be joined in a fictional conglomerate of my design. Where "You" in character are presently, is heavily reliant upon a world inside of the one I create based on the information collected pre & post-abduction. Where you were previously, is easily explained in your statement of purpose, your origins, etc. This is all information currently unavailable to the readers because the nature of the role-play is one thats treated in the sense of quite literally, composing a story.

@Shinra - I was clear in saying, character introductions are in the format of an opening post, as this is not the thread available for templates, but discussion and questions, I feel I should inform you now that your post should comply to the actual thread when I get the chance to make it. I still have the problem of being unable to open/close it to avoid starting before i'm ready to actually do that...-sigh-

Shinra

Banned
Awards
oh I thought you wanted to get to know that character first you get an idea of what my posts would be like

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
The brief does not say this as directly as the opening does, but all characters involved are plucked from different canons/universes. Giving the participants the power to create a character from any one fictional background, to be joined in a fictional conglomerate of my design. Where "You" in character are presently, is heavily reliant upon a world inside of the one I create based on the information collected pre & post-abduction. Where you were previously, is easily explained in your statement of purpose, your origins, etc. This is all information currently unavailable to the readers because the nature of the role-play is one thats treated in the sense of quite literally, composing a story.
I understand. Thanks for the clarification.

purgatory said:
I still have the problem of being unable to open/close it to avoid starting before i'm ready to actually do that...-sigh-
If you're waiting for a certain number of people to express interest before opening the RP thread, you might want to note that here. Otherwise I'm not sure how you'll know when there's sufficient interest.

purgatory

Awards
I made mention of it starting with a minimum of six people (this excludes myself). If the numbers begin to grow uneven, I will make necessary adjustments for grouping.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
I made mention of it starting with a minimum of six people (this excludes myself). If the numbers begin to grow uneven, I will make necessary adjustments for grouping.
Yes. I just mean that, since you explicitly state this thread will NOT be used for templates or reservations, you might need to add that people can/should still express interest if they would like to join. Otherwise some posters (like myself) might not be sure if they should post here or not.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Even if this was the thread for what you posted, how is it that Sis mentioned several aspects for this, yet your S.o.P is a damn sentence?? You never cease to amaze me Renn. I won't even begin to talk about those powers.

Anyway Sis, you know I'll be participating. I haven't decided if I'll be using Tobias or Ubi yet.

purgatory

Awards
I finally managed to get around to creating the thread.

To clarify one more time, this thread will not be used to post templates. It is used as an extended invitation to express interest, related discussion of the role-play itself, and to ask questions. Actual posts in-post template design is designated to the actual thread, which is currently "Paused" until we at least have a minimum of six people interested that may contribute.

When we can square six role-players, i'll put up the second half of my post and un-pause the role-play to continue in real time and we can finally get things rolling.

yoshua171

Nice post, you certainly did run with it and came out lookin' damn good too. I'm intrigued by the concept of this RP. Still trying to figure out what I'd like to bring to the Grimoire, but interested nonetheless.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
I'm sorry--though I like the premise of the roleplay and am interested in where it will go, another time commitment has taken me off the forums nearly entirely. If this changes, I will check back in here, but it's unlikely to happen in the next two-or-three weeks. Best wishes for the roleplay, I hope it really takes off.

yoshua171

Welp, I have posted. Also, cya Hidden. As to his purpose, Purgatory, it is pretty much entirely variable depending on his situation. So it was pretty much impossible for me to ascertain (and thus write down) what it would be. If you want him to state in narration him trying to figure why he was picked by the Omniskill, then I can easily edit that in. Otherwise that will simply have to be my post ^^;

purgatory

Awards
@Hidden - Thank you for interest in the role-play. You really should join when you have more time on your hands, after reading your RP "Night of Fate" I was also influenced about the template style and kind of brought that into fruition here.

@yoshua171 - You and I already talked about your powers and cleared up any existing confusion, that aside a fine post as were the ones before yours!

I'm looking for two other slots to fill before I take the reigns and start "creating" the atmosphere and giving you guys the rundown. If push comes to shove I will create a character, a normal/innocent bystander to keep things interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back