• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gremlins 3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
It's been 20 years since the second Gremlins movie, and now we're finally getting word that a new movie is finally on its way.
Copied from Gremlins 3 Gremlins Online!
-Confirmed:

* Series director Joe Dante reiterated his stance that he will be in no way associated with a Gremlins 3 Project. – 4/28/09
* Series star Zach Galligan has commented that “In a way, yes. That is all I can say right now.” regarding renewed new studio interest in a possible Gremlins 3 – 9/2/08
* There have been various scripts and ideas for Gremlins 3, but nothing is concrete.
* Director Joe Dante has no interest in a Gremlins film with CGI Gremlins – 2/5/07 & 10/6/07
* Producer Mike Finnell will not be involved in a direct-to-video Gremlins film – 2/5/07
* Actor Zach Galligan has not heard official word of a Gremlins 3 – 2/7/07

-Current Rumors:

* Gremlins 3 will be filmed in 3-D after the success of films such as Avatar and Disney’s Up. -1/2010)
* The film is under development and will be released direct-to-video through Warner Premiere - 2/2007
* The movie will be made after Goonies 2 and Scooby-Doo 3, and all three will be direct to video. – 2/2007

-Debunked Rumors:

* Rob Lowe will star in Gremlins 3 - First rumor January 1999, Resurfaced 2001
* Stephen Berkoff will star in Gremlins 3 – July 2001
* Brian Lynch will be directing Gremlins 3 – August 2000
* Dreamworks will be releasing Gremlins 3 – January 1999
* The popularity of Furbies and their similiarity to mogwai have caused development on Gremlins
* Gremlins 3: Hatched is the title of the new gremlins film
(Gremlins 3: Hatched was simply the title for a fan story and fan made trailer)

I personally hope it's not in 3D. Even if it is, I'll only watch the normal version. And I swear to god, if the gremlins are all CGI instead of puppets...I'm not watching.

And I really doubt such a beloved series will go direct to dvd.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
What the hell? I thought the second one was a good stopping point. In a way, I'm hoping for a new cast. I'm definitely hoping they don't follow the 3D trend. Damn it! Not every remake and bastardized version of our beloved cartoons/ long lost sequels to our beloved movies has to be another shitty 3D movie. I sure hope people get over this trend soon, so it can die a slow painful death.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Every fucking movie is in 3D these days
dear jeebus

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I just wish Joe Dante would get involved with this. If it's going to happen, HE needs to head it. If anything, just to make sure it dosen't wind up a CGI/3D bastardization of our fond memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back