• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Greetings!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FEZeldalord12345

Hi there, KHInsider! I'm FEZeldalord12345, or FEZ for anyone who reads usernames out loud. I've recently finished Birth By Sleep, so I decided this was a good time to join since I actually know the majority of the franchise. I've yet to play Dream Drop Distance though, so naturally I'm not going to be looking at every thread. I do hope I get to know some of you here.

As for my thoughts on KH...this is the series where my feelings are the most mixed. There are parts of each game that I really like, but there are so many shortcomings that keep me from loving any of the games as a whole. KH1 has my favorite gameplay, Chain of Memories excels in story(for the most part), KH2 has my favorite music, Days has some of the better character development. The only game so far that manages to balance everything out well is Birth By Sleep, but the only story that I loved was Terra's path. Ventus's story was fairly entertaining, but Aqua's story was just boring. I do really like the Kingdom Hearts series, but it just doesn't always go in the direction I want it to go in. Hopefully Dream Drop Distance will be fun.

As for games outside of KH, I ADORE traditional jRPGs like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Suikoden, etc. Zelda is still my favorite video game franchise due to the puzzles and music, but jRPGs will always have a tight grip on my heart. I also do Let's Plays of jRPGs, usually ~100%ing them. I'm actually planning on doing KH1FM pretty soon, so there's something else if you're curious.

Well, that was quite the ramble. Anyway, nice to meet you all!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Welcome to the forum, FEZ! C: You'll fit right in with everybody! I think this is also the first time I've heard somebody say Aqua's playthrough was boring! lol. I also happen to like some of the things you listed too! (Mainly Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem and a little bit of Final Fantasy.) Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum and can join in on the fun.

If you have any questions, please check out here. And if you still need help with anything, feel free to contact one of us. ;3

FEZeldalord12345

Thanks for the welcome! It's midnight where I am, so I'm about to crash after signing up, so I'll just reply to this.
I think this is also the first time I've heard somebody say Aqua's playthrough was boring!
Well, story-wise, yes. I honestly forgot what Aqua was supposed to be doing in the Disney worlds. It seems more like her story is about what she thinks of Terra and Ventus instead of Aqua herself. And during the 2nd half of the game, I was asking myself the same question as in KH2: why am I even going to these worlds in the first place? That's one of the reasons why I love Terra's story: every world he goes to is about his own struggles instead of just being observers of the worlds like in the other KH games. With Aqua, it didn't feel like I was accomplishing anything. And there was very little Xehanort. Birth By Sleep is still my favorite. Just mainly on Terra's path.

Back