• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Green or non Green

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which product woudl you choose

• Green (environmentally friendly product)

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Non-Green

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Doesn't Matter choose whichever

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
Ok well slightly off now topic wise. It isn't asking do you buy what you buy, but given the choice between 2 products that are similar in price and similar in close to every category (i know not true but still) would you make the decision based on one being a "green" product or do you just grab one?

Sorry to have gone off topic. Yes, I'd buy the green friendly product should it do as it says it does.

Actually, yeah, I do get the coiled light bulbs, but that's because it saves me money in the long run.

Which is what going eco-friendly will do in the long run, save money. Going green may not pay off immediately, but over time it surely will. I agree we need to do further research into making going green more affordable for those who can't afford it. My family couldn't get solar panels or a hybrid, no way we could afford that and still have a house. I am not bashing those who can't buy green, I am bashing the ones who can easily do so and choose not to.

I don't like ass-kissers.

Than you are lucky none are here. A simple compliment was all it was.

The assumption is that these "green" products are genuinely thus. Also you assume that I advocate doing nothing, which is just a big faux pas on your part.

Never said that. You could be the greenest person in the world and that wouldn't effect my arguement. This is about the population, not you or me. (and also a way to get off-topic).

Perhaps, but it takes a long time to walk down the street with baby steps.

True, but everything has to start somewhere. Whether or not our current green products are effective or not, it is a start to getting people into the mind set that we need to change our ways. No matter how small the step, if enough people take that step together, the world will feel it.

Awww, how cute...he's trying to condescend me.

*sigh* before this becomes and insult fest instead of a debate, I'll end the sad attempts of insults we are directed to each other. Fair?

Let's be honest. The real reason why you should be buying "green" is if it's economically as well as ecologically rational. You like to throw around accusations of sloth, but it is not sloth that keeps people from going "green." It is not always economically rational to do so. Why should one spend more money on a product that one can get just as easily for less money? If a family can barely make ends meet, do you really think they're going to give a shit about emissions?

People may be "close-minded," but we can use this to our advantage if we truly want to be "green." Instead of just asking people to spend more to get "green" products, we should focus on making "green" products more affordable. We need to make it rational to go "green."

...but you do accuse them of committing a Deadly Sin.

Uh...hello? Accusations of Sloth?

The irony is you're telling me I should stop making gross oversimplifications. Believe it or not, not every "green" option is economically feasible (whether in regards to time or money).

No, but it is smug to assume that people are lazy if they don't agree with your views.

6 lines of quotes, all for one response. I apologize if it didn't seem clear, I only wrote one small sentence stating this so it probably was easy to overlook. I am not bashing those who can't afford it, like I said earlier I can't afford what I'd like to. This arguement is against those who can buy efficient eco-friendly products but are either too lazy, too close-minded, or too ignorant to the world around them.

They do need to improve the quality, cost, and effectiveness of the green products, that is true. But because they arent perfect or some are fraud, does not mean the whole concept of buying green should be thrown out. Look into it, try it out, and do what you can to improve the environment. The whole 'I alone won't effect anything' needs to stop. Because when everyone thinks that, nothing gets done. When everyone realizes that they can do something, things will change, hopefully for the better.

...as do I.

Majoring in Env Sci or promoting going green? Either way this arguement is pretty lol worthy, never knew two eco-friendlies could argue.

I agree; however, it's not about buying hybrids or "all natural" goods. By simply buying "green" products as they are now, we ultimately are just buying more shit except it produces a different kind(s) waste.

It may be just a new waste, going toward one that is easier to clean up and less in amount that previous waste. These may be small steps, but it shows that the thought of going green is out there and that people are trying to think of new ways to do it. But unless the 'people' get into it and support it, nothing will be gained from the effort.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

True. I won't lie, my choice of wording (especially over the computer) is never 100% clear, so my bad if there were any mistranlations of what I was going for.

You eat babies and have sex with other species.

Always possible, everybody's doing it.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
idk.

i buy what i want.

if it turns out being green, then so what? not like im gonna run around being all happy saying "OMGAWDS I BOUGHT SOMETHING GREEN"

because i didn't buy something "green". i bought something i wanted/needed.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
idk.

i buy what i want.

if it turns out being green, then so what? not like im gonna run around being all happy saying "OMGAWDS I BOUGHT SOMETHING GREEN"

because i didn't buy something "green". i bought something i wanted/needed.
*sigh*
Okay again this isn't really being about what you want/need. The whole point is just to understand if the idea of "green" sways you to buy it over a non-green brand. The situation is saying you have 2 of the same type of product. One is a "green" product and the other isn't. Do you go for the product cause it is "green" or go for the product non-green or do you randomly choose. You don't really get to test most of the products (besides a car) before you buy it anyway.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
*sigh*
Okay again this isn't really being about what you want/need. The whole point is just to understand if the idea of "green" sways you to buy it over a non-green brand. The situation is saying you have 2 of the same type of product. One is a "green" product and the other isn't. Do you go for the product cause it is "green" or go for the product non-green or do you randomly choose. You don't really get to test most of the products (besides a car) before you buy it anyway.

when it comes to paper, usually the non green one because idk.

but other stuff, i just choose whichever brand is better, or which one seems better.

but green isn't really something i use to consider stuff.

as in, green ain't a reason to get something over something else in my case.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
*sigh*

That's why you buy a product once and test it out. If it's terrible, you don't buy it again. Simple.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
It really depends on what I'm buying. If the Green product will overall save more money, I will get it. Otherwise, specifications, like length of life. If that is the same, by design.

Diastyl

I usually choose green environment friendly stuff, but there are some cases when Im in such a hurry that I just get what I can find.....

A

Azrael

I pick the cheapest one that I can find. Regardless whether it's green or not, I could care less.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
I don't care what I pick in terms of going green or not. I just randomly choose the product. More likely I'll go for the product that's cheaper in price.

Last edited:

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
I really don't care if something's green or not, for the most part. However, I do recycle (cans) a little, so at least I'm trying.

frisson

Silver Member
This isn't just some fad or stunt to make money, we are on the verge of running out resources.
I disagree. It's your exact demographic we're targeting, how will I persuade you to choose my product over someone else's... hmm...

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
what makes a product 'green' besides the label?
Usually it is something like the way they made it. Like chemicals and stuff are more environmentally friendly is all.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well anyway might as well revive this and see how many people will complete this survey for me. There is a total of 24 questions I believe. I just want to see answers not really a explanation for your answers while you are doing the survey. If you wish to comment on a few questions, if you could refrain in doing so after you complete the survey. If you don't want to do the survey because you don't want your information release send me a PM if you want. We have depending on your answers what type of green consumer you are and if you want your results I will get back to you on it.

The statements with a 1-5 scale means 1=Strongly Disagree, 2=Disagree, 3=Neutral, 4=Agree, and 5=Strongly Agree.

What state or country are you from?

Education /High School/ Some College /Associates Degree/ Bachelor Degree/ Masters or higher

Income / $0-25K/ $26K-50K/ $51K-75K /$76-100K/ 101K or higher

Marital Status /Single /Married/ Engaged/ Divorced /Other/

I consider myself health conscious. / 1 2 3 4 5/

I don’t mind spending the extra dollar for environmentally friendly products /1 2 3 4 5

How often do you smoke? /Never /Event Smoker/ Sometimes /Often/ Regularly/

I plant a vegetable Garden each spring/summer./ 1 2 3 4 5/

I would like to buy a hybrid car in the future./ 1 2 3 4 5/

I recycle. / 1 2 3 4 5/

I buy organic foods./ 1 2 3 4 5/

I use reusable grocery bags./ 1 2 3 4 5/

I make the effort to go green. /1 2 3 4 5/

I encourage people around me to go green./ 1 2 3 4 5/

I believe the green movement is a fad or marketing tool. /1 2 3 4 5/

Going green is a lifestyle. /1 2 3 4 5/

I favor a company that has gone green over one that hasn’t./ 1 2 3 4 5/

I get my bills online./ 1 2 3 4 5/

How often do you spend time outdoors? /Not Often/ Try to get out / Regularly/ Often/ As much time as I can
I favor cloth towels over paper./ 1 2 3 4 5/

I have and use a reusable water bottle./ 1 2 3 4 5/

I consider Global Warming still an issue./ 1 2 3 4 5/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back