Awards
  • The Foreteller
  • Savage Nymph
  • Completionist
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • 15th Anniversary
[HR][/HR]Hello all,

A long time ago, younger me was playing kingdom hearts and attempting to beat it for the first time. He got as far as monstro at one point but couldn't figure out the crazy maze inside the whale, so he figured he would talk to Geppetto and see if he had anything to say about navigation,
Then Geppetto said this:

This made my mind wonder what he was talking about, Green monsters like the heartless? In the original kingdom hearts, only 2 heartless were primarily green (Green Requiem and Screwdiver) but only the requiem was in Monstro, which didn't do anything aside from heal your foes. What I want to know is if there are green monsters in the game that do this, or if Geppetto's been drinking too much seawater and is delusional.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Chilly Academic
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • The Freeshooter
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Superior of the In-Between
Huh, I don't remember this line at all! For what it's worth, following the green doors in Monstro will eventually lead to the stomach and the boss fight, but the line is clearly referring to monsters!

Soldier

Awards
  • The Foreteller
  • Savage Nymph
  • Completionist
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • 15th Anniversary
Would they even be considered doors? i always just thought of them as glowing hallways as a kid, and i know Sora willingly walked into them (unless the heartless pushed him in).

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
  • Keyblade Master
  • The Foreteller
  • Savage Nymph
The only green monsters floating around I can think of are the Requiems, maybe he's hinting at how they lure you towards more Heartless.

Soldier

Awards
  • The Foreteller
  • Savage Nymph
  • Completionist
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • 15th Anniversary
That could very well be it, but i always thought of it like a new enemy, that literally pushes you further into monstro. Although one thing i'm wondering, is when did the requiems start appearing in the first kingdom hearts? was it traverse town 2nd visit? Then they wouldn't be a new enemy for Sora to fight when he reached the second set of worlds.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
  • Keyblade Master
  • The Foreteller
  • Savage Nymph
'cept there's really no enemy that does that, and Gepetto doesn't mention anything about new enemies.
He also wouldn't know which enemies Sora has met anyway.

Unless he somehow sees green on the ghost Heartless, which were first encountered in Monstro.

Soldier

Awards
  • The Foreteller
  • Savage Nymph
  • Completionist
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • 15th Anniversary
It's also worth noting that Geppetto is like most of the Disney characters, he knows very little of the heartless, gummi blocks, etc and for all we know, Green Requiems could've been a part of the assault on Prankster's paradise when it fell to darkness. Either that, or Geppetto is colorblind, he is an old man after all.

Tartarus

Bronze Member
Awards
  • Fairest of them All
For some reason, I always assumed he was talking about Search Ghosts even though they aren’t green, just because they grab at you and then you have to chase them down or wait for them to reappear. I guess it does make more sense that he was referring to Green Requiems, since they always fly away from you like a lure.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • News Hound
I'm inclined to suspect something was lost in translation.

FudgemintGuardian

"Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed."
Awards
  • The Foreteller
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
  • Beauty Within
  • O, Purest of Hearts
I want to believe it was meant to be a clue that you need to go through the green doorway, but was mistranslated horribly. I would love it if someone had the Japanese version so we could compare the text.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Melodious Nocturne
  • Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Luna Diviner
  • Cloaked Schemer
  • Chilly Academic
Hmm, interesting. I'm playing the jp version so unless someone solves this before then I'll definitely pay attention to what he says on my next run. The english line really doesn't seem to make much sense.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
  • No Name
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Melodious Nocturne
  • Luna Diviner
  • Cloaked Schemer
  • Chilly Academic
Hmm, interesting. I'm playing the jp version so unless someone solves this before then I'll definitely pay attention to what he says on my next run. The english line really doesn't seem to make much sense.
Right before killing dumbo for being useless.

Now I actually want to know the german line here..