• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Green Lantern: The Animated Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who do you want to star in Green Lantern: The Animated Series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eyesore

Re: Green Lantern: The Animated Series(Airing November 2011.)

Nice.
This'll be good.
And I'd like to see Kyle Rayner the most, but I'll settle for Guy.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Re: Green Lantern: The Animated Series(Airing November 2011.)

I don't know about an adaptation of the Blackest Night storyline, but I think Timm mentioned that the Black Lanterns may appear somewhere down the line. I'm to understand that Carol Ferris will also appear as Star Sapphire.

I'm gonna jump to conclusions and take that as a yes. Provided the series lasts long enough. It would need a pretty good buildup.

Trag

Bronze Member
I'm really looking forward to this, it looks very fun.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
That looks so great. It's weird seeing Bruce Timm's style in 3D like that, bust still great. I'm concerned with the portrayal of the Red Lanterns, though. The feel off, and less threatening than they should be. But then again, this is a kid's show.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I rather liked this. :3 I'm still iffy about the 3D, but I just don't like cg animated shows. Bruce Timm's style with it is very odd. I just hope the show isn't slow. Also, lol Hal can even woo artificial intelligence. :3

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I would've prefered the animation style of the 2009 Green Lantern movie, but I'll take what I can get.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I missed it. Right when it came on, my father took me to the store, only to find out he didn't need me, then to arrive during the episode's end. *cries*

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
First episode was a little boring. Second episode was much better. Josh Keaton doesn't sound like I imagine Hal would but I hope he finds his voice eventually. Not really a fan of Kevin Michael Richardson though.

Atrocitus was great. I like his new design and his voice actor was great. Razor is an interesting new character.

As for the CG - it's high quality, that's for sure. It looks fantastic. But the art direction gets a little bland. The overuse of cliffs and rocks was just boring compared to the strong visuals Green Lantern should have.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So I’m really only here for Young Justice, but I said I’d give Green Lantern a chance and I missed the hour special last time. Hal Jordan is not my favorite Lantern. I prefer Kyle Rayner more than Hal.

I have to say, though, I am pleasantly suprised by this show. I didn’t think I’d like Bruce Timm’s style in CG, but it isn’t half bad at times. I think they put a lot of attention in the characters, but the backgrounds leave something to be desired. They made space look extremely beautiful, but things like land and rocks and buildings look…bland. Only when there is a close up on the land do you see the detailed textures they laid on but it just seems like something is off.

The ship with the A.I. looks really nice on the inside, and I’m in love with Hal’s expressions. Okay, if there was anything that could make me like Hal I'm almost certain it will be this show.

Overall, I’m going to give this show three more episodes to really draw me in. I’m sure it will be a lot better than I imagine it would.

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
So I downloaded episode 3 and 4 today. I like the general premise of the show but I don't think it's found it's footing just yet. It hasn't got much in the way of a supporting cast yet which it could greatly benefit from. And I know Carol is meant to show up later on as a Star Sapphire as is Saint Walker.

I really like the CG. It's very well done. Especially on close ups of Kilowog where you can notice the textures. But the backgrounds and general design still need some work. Still, there's time to improve. Keaton's still finding his voice but I wish they could have contracted Nathan Fillion to voice Hal like they got Bruce Greenwood to do Batman in Young Justice.

I know this is on the same block with Young Justice so I imagine everybody else is watching this?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh man today's episode was great. Not amazing, but great even though I guessed the whole thing within the first few minutes rofl. I haven't really been wowed by the show. I watch it because I want it to make me like it and I think today was that starting point. I still have no idea where the show is going, though. :\ The textures seem to be getting better, or I'm just getting used to it. Haha, I even got my mom to sit down and watch it with me. Mostly because she's been into the GL movie recently and we were eating breakfast together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back