• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Green Day

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com
Green Day is a kool band...new/old....doesn't matter 2 me.
Yeah...the AI CD wuz great XD

My fav's from that CD is American Idiot(of course 9_9) Jesus of Surburbia,Boulevard of Broken Dreams,Holiday,Wake me up when September ends,St Jimmy(w00t!),Novacaine(that junk bothers my mouth >_<).....& my most fav...Whatshername!!!

*sqeal*I wuv them

Ansem= Evil

I love Green Day. I only have their new album but I love their old stuff too. I think Brain Stew is one of their best songs ever.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
If you mix Green Day with drugs, then you can listen to them as much as you want and won't get bored!

The problem is, all of their popular songs are played over and over on every radio station, so you get sick of them. Luckily, they've been around for a while, so there's plenty to pick from.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
COMMON PEOPLE THIS IS LIKE THE FORTH ONE IN THE LAST TWO MONTHS IF YOU WANT TO TALK ON THEM, JUST REVIVE THEM.

sry, but really. Just post in the ^green day^ thread.

okay, back on topic. American idiot destroyed what people liked about green day, the " f*ck the popular sh*t" and became the popular sh*t.

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
Heart's Essence said:
I only have one thing to say about Green Day, they're a bunch of punk wannabees.

No, no they're not. Good Charlotte, My Chemical Romance, bands like that are Punk Wannabes. They were never punk. Green Day WAS Punk, and they were GOOD Punk. Now they're shite. That's what happens when you need to make money and not good music.

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
Oh, dear. This is THE topic.

Okay, let's begin to takle this from all sides.

I swear to god, if you liked Green Day before American Idiot came out, but HATE them when they sold out, you are not worthy of living. Of course the band is gonna sell out, you retards! How else will they make money? I admit, hearing their songs on the radio ALL THE TIME is annoying as fu<k, but that doesn't mean that everytime they play it, Green Day gets crappier and crappier! All it means is that people actually LIKE them. I know, it gets annoying when the following dialouge takes place:

"I lOVE GREEN DAY! ZOMFG11!!!!1!"
"What songs?"
"AMERICAN IDIOT, BOULEVARD, AND WAKE ME UP!!"
"... What do you think about Billie Joe?"
" UHH... WHO?"

Yes, it gets annoying. DEAL WITH IT. Green day may have lots of preppy, wannabe punkers as fans, but that doesn't mean their music is crap, and you're a shame to music if you think it does.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Watermelons... <3 said:

I swear to god, if you liked Green Day before American Idiot came out, but HATE them when they sold out, you are not worthy of living. Of course the band is gonna sell out, you retards! How else will they make money? I admit, hearing their songs on the radio ALL THE TIME is annoying as fu<k, but that doesn't mean that everytime they play it, Green Day gets crappier and crappier! All it means is that people actually LIKE them. I know, it gets annoying when the following dialouge takes place:

"What songs?"
" UHH... WHO?"

Yes, it gets annoying. DEAL WITH IT. Green day may have lots of preppy, wannabe punkers as fans, but that doesn't mean their music is crap, and you're a shame to music if you think it does.

I'm sorry, but Green Day sold out waaay before American Idiot. All bands who make it large and headline tours sell out. It's that simple.

Their new album was great the first 20 times through. Then it's being overplayed and overhyped for no reason at all. The American entertainment industry loves to push songs if a lot of people like it. They get the videos out fast, have the songs played on the radio 50 times a day. It's horrible. It makes the music old and annoying. This brings a huge backlash onto bands.

Also, Billy Joe trying dress Emo is retarded. The man is getting close to 40, he has a wife, kids...yet 13 year old girls are saying he's hot. It's annoying, it pushes away the older fans.

To simply say "Deal With It" is also mentally retarded because we have dealt with it by changing the channel, choosing another radio station. And to be brutally honest, Green Day isn't that great musicly. They have some good songs, don't get me wrong... but there are more talented bands out there that will never see the kind of fame these posers are getting. (poser refers to Billy's fashion change to Emo.)

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Watermelons... <3 said:

"What songs?"
" UHH... WHO?"

I just hate american idiot and the other 2 albums the put out before that (warning and something else... i think international superstars..)

They Over play it, over hype it and it is boring after a while, when the same people that hated green day when they were good now love them and call them there idols, are idiotic. I hate both the new green day and the fake wannabes that call themselves fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back