• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Greatest disappointment in KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
Also the triangle thing

triangle.? why.?? are you talking about the reactions or the talk command.?

imo, it's very convenient. rather than the usual 'Attack turns to Talk' command.. and also the reactions.

that's probably one of the greatest thing i love about KH2..

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Literally everything about 'Kingdom Hearts II' disappointed me. There was hardly any redeeming qualities about the game except the fact that the camera issue has been resolved. The control scheme was less clunky, sure, but I rather have a clunky control scheme than a masher that somehow plays itself with stupid QTE.

First off, WHO'S IDEA WAS IT... to reduce the platforming elements and focus helluva lot on fighting? Oh yes, Tetsuya Nomura. Because he wanted to dumb it down and appeal to a wider audience ¬¬ It made everything horrid. You wanna go to this location, NO YOU F****** CAN'T!? Beat XXX heartless to press on forth and repeat. Every area was nothing more than a arena to fight those heartless/nobody. Whereas compared to KH1, you can jump on rooftop in Traverse Town, lighting up candles and going in flowers in Wonderland, etc. Puzzles and platforming made KH1 great, whilst the fighting was just complimentary imo. Now the fighting has been enhanced and the rest has been made almost non-existence.

Oh which brings me to my next part; THE ORGANIZATION XIII. Whoever thought the villains in KHII were better... will get shot... by me. There were dreadfully bad. They hardly have any development like in COM. They were rushed to their death and you know what...

AXEL SUCKS! Seriously, he was awesome in COM. He was a sneaky, slinky, evil twat for all the reasons. He killed Vexen, he was in it for the fun when he fought Sora countless times. Even his last sentence before he went shown some awesomeness. In KH2, he resorted to a sympathetic, caring and unappealing character. Literally, everything was gone and his cathphrase is so annoying.

Oh and Larxene, Vexen and Marluxia were the better characters than anyone in KH2. They have more development and personality than they will ever have.

Oh which brings me to my next part, the bad storyline and writing. The script is horrendous, all down to predictability and doesn't have the charm like KH1. Oh and people, KH1 is darker than Kh2. KH2 was just action-packed and tried to be deeper, but it ends up failing. Oh and when Sora defeat the nobodies and get a glimpse of their feelings, when he fuses with Roxas after knowing his feelings. Even when Kairi fuses with Namine who shown her feelings, guess what he says to Xemnas. He's say that Nobodies are still worthless.

Okay...

...WHY? WHY? Why the hell. Sora would never say that. He didn't hate Namine when she told him that his memories were fake. Yet in the end, he say that nobody are worthless. So I'm guessing Roxas and Namine are worthless as well?

I can go into a lot of depth about why I hate KHII. Difficulty is one of them, even at Proud mode, it was soo easy. But eh... I bet you KHTards will find something to defend about it anyway.

Kingdom Hearts II is the worse in the WHOLE SERIES. I can tell you that much. I would give it a 5 - 6/10. Hardly anything was fun about it and whoever likes it, it's pretty much their first KH game. Nothing more. KH1 and Chain of Memories were superior.

KH2 is inferior in every aspect and should never be mentioned.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Oh which brings me to my next part; THE ORGANIZATION XIII. Whoever thought the villains in KHII were better... will get shot... by me. There were dreadfully bad. They hardly have any development like in COM. They were rushed to their death and you know what...

I couldn't agree more ;; hence why I'm waiting for Days yet without holding my breath on the matter. I want some development for them.
I want Luxord T_T

AXEL SUCKS! Seriously, he was awesome in COM. He was a sneaky, slinky, evil twat for all the reasons. He killed Vexen, he was in it for the fun when he fought Sora countless times. Even his last sentence before he went shown some awesomeness. In KH2, he resorted to a sympathetic, caring and unappealing character. Literally, everything was gone and his cathphrase is so annoying.

They realized SoRiku didn't cater to a wide enough selection of fangirls so they brought in the emo/pedo couple. Watch the hits go up like WOAH! \o/

Oh and Larxene, Vexen and Marluxia were the better characters than anyone in KH2. They have more development and personality than they will ever have.

In their defense they had a lot more screen time, but then again that's something that CoM/Re:CoM had that even KH1 couldn't afford on such a level.

...WHY? WHY? Why the hell. Sora would never say that. He didn't hate Namine when she told him that his memories were fake. Yet in the end, he say that nobody are worthless. So I'm guessing Roxas and Namine are worthless as well?

Nojima. 100% Nojima's fault. I hate him to death. He should die. And if he doesn't and Nomura wants him to write the scenarios again, Watanabe should skin Nojima and pretend to be him.

KH1 and Chain of Memories were superior.

They had Watanabe :D heck, I'd settle for the third barely mentioned scenario writer for KH1 over Nojima v.v; Akiyama was it?

KH2 is inferior in every aspect and should never be mentioned.

Now now, don't go that far. It must be mentioned.
How else are we to learn from the mistakes?

Coeurl

Demon Dance
well, imo the battle system makes up for it.

which ironically, that's the cause of the disappointment.. [ for you guys, not me ]

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
I would have enjoyed the battle system more if the game was harder though....oh well, I still liked it reguardless of level of difficulty

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I couldn't agree more ;; hence why I'm waiting for Days yet without holding my breath on the matter. I want some development for them.
I want Luxord T_T

Days has definitely disappointed me so far. It look like they end up reusing location downgraded instead of create new location fit for Chain of Memories. And the multi player looks like it was tagged on.
They realized SoRiku didn't cater to a wide enough selection of fangirls so they brought in the emo/pedo couple. Watch the hits go up like WOAH! \o/

Nomura: WOAH, OUR RATINGS IS THROUGH THE ROOF
Nojima: I'm glad you accepted my idea of two young effemniate men who share a close relation.
Nomura: You should be glad, our fangirls LOVE IT. And Daisuke say it's a bad idea.

That's what coming through my head.

In their defense they had a lot more screen time, but then again that's something that CoM/Re:CoM had that even KH1 couldn't afford on such a level.

True, the disney world took up more space than everything else. But that's to be expected, which when you look into it, is a downer.

Nojima. 100% Nojima's fault. I hate him to death. He should die. And if he doesn't and Nomura wants him to write the scenarios again, Watanabe should skin Nojima and pretend to be him.

Congratuation, Nojima is on my hate list with Nomura. I'll thank you later on. It explains the sudden drop of quality in character and story development.

They had Watanabe :D heck, I'd settle for the third barely mentioned scenario writer for KH1 over Nojima v.v; Akiyama was it?

I cannot remember, I lost my COM game somewhere. Though I would like to play it again, since Re:COM is never going to come into Britland.
Now now, don't go that far. It must be mentioned.
How else are we to learn from the mistakes?

True, true. I guess even that has to be mentioned.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Days has definitely disappointed me so far. It look like they end up reusing location downgraded instead of create new location fit for Chain of Memories. And the multi player looks like it was tagged on.

Well, the point is kind of to mind-fuck Roxas by sending him to where Sora's been to already. I don't really see the plot flaw to that.

Nomura: WOAH, OUR RATINGS IS THROUGH THE ROOF
Nojima: I'm glad you accepted my idea of two young effemniate men who share a close relation.
Nomura: You should be glad, our fangirls LOVE IT. And Daisuke say it's a bad idea.

That's what coming through my head.

If they really thought it would've been a bad idea, they wouldn't have based the entire plot or so on SoRiku.
And Daisuke was the one that gave birth to Riku/Mickey. Despite my adoration of him, I wouldn't trust his judgement on couples that much.

Congratuation, Nojima is on my hate list with Nomura. I'll thank you later on. It explains the sudden drop of quality in character and story development.

It makes total sense.
KH1 scenario writers: Nojima, Watanabe, Akiyama, in no particular order.
CoM/Re:CoM: Watanabe only. Hence the perfection.
KH2: Nojima only. Hence the fail.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
KH2's writing was...kind of bad. It's weird because I don't remember Nojima doing such a sub-par job in any of the other games he's worked on.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
KH2's writing was...kind of bad. It's weird because I don't remember Nojima doing such a sub-par job in any of the other games he's worked on.
# Hercules no Eikō: Tamashī no Shōmei (2008; as Scenario Writer)
# Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008; as Scenario Writer for Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary) (w/ Masahiro Sakurai)
# Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- (as Scenario Writer)
# Kingdom Hearts II (2005; as Scenario Writer)
# Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (2005; as Scenario Writer)

From AC onwards, it was pretty much going downhill. I dunno about Hercules no Eiko, but pretty much everything else was poor, including Crisis Core in story-wise. The only thing he did well was making Zack as a rookie, being naive.

He fell into the trap of declining. Pretty much like Nobou Umeatsu.

Edit: Now to quote Rain!

Well, the point is kind of to mind-fuck Roxas by sending him to where Sora's been to already. I don't really see the plot flaw to that.

Eh, you do make a good point. But as long as it retains mostly the style of KH1, then that's okay for me.

If they really thought it would've been a bad idea, they wouldn't have based the entire plot or so on SoRiku.
And Daisuke was the one that gave birth to Riku/Mickey. Despite my adoration of him, I wouldn't trust his judgement on couples that much.

Yeah, but Riku and Mickey was quite... adorable in a way-ish. Despite Riku sucumb to darkness, Mickey still helped him out. Because Mickey isn't the kind of person who will leave anyone in a state he doesn't want them to be. Mickey is a helper.

keyking

kairi + keyblade = dissappointing
space paranoids+pride lands = pain
-platforming= anguish
easiness= resentment
and to top it all off, sephiroth was EASY?!?!?
well, at least he isnt voiced by bass anymore.

Lolita

Dear You
D:
Space Paranoids was the epic shiz.<3
TRONNN. ;o;

Eh, enemies were easier, especially because of the more summons, the drive forms, etc, they should've made the heartless harder.
When I first was in the 1000 Heartless battle, I was like, " OHSHITIMGONNAPHAIL." and when it started I won sooner than I expected, I was like "...whatthehale."

LionHeart14

Some of the inane dialogue o_O
Especially the sequences where someone will say something, then the camera will zoom out and every character will just start laughing. Then they'll stop and Sora will be like "Welp, g2g. see ya."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back