• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Greatest disappointment in KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
Yup too easy, I shouldn't probably think of many more reasons, before I criticize the game until theres nothing good left...(well thats not really gonna happen but whatever..)

A

Azrael

Hence why I liked his voice after KH1. When he said 'There's no way you're taking Kairi's heart!' I practically shuddered in agony over my poor ears. And not just because of what was said.

Eh, I did like KH2. I just think there was a lot wrong with it. It was still a fun game, and I can't help but love the Organization.

He sounded like a friggin' 8 year old instead of 14 unless he's slow.

Org XIII still pwns despite being Nojimaified

whatsleftofme

I know lots of this has been said before but I want to say it anyway - I've never before ranted about KH like I wanted to, 'cause the people around me don't care so much about it. That said, here I go...

I. 'Sora, Donald, and Goofy'. - I swear every single time I've heard this after the - what's this? - after the tenth time, I wanted to bang my head against the wall. It's fine, I know they're a trio so pleeaaaseee not AGAIN.
II. The slowness of the actual plot coming out. I wanted to get the game finished as fast as possible, or rather, wanted to get on with the individual worlds because there wasn't just anything interesting happening. The most interesting things, and the actual ones KH2 is about, are in the beginning when you play as Roxas in fake!Twilight Town, and then the end in TWTNW. I don't know. It was pretty lame. It wasn't like in KH1, where the plots of the worlds were linked, and you got on with the actual story just as much. Instead, it felt like a nuisance, nearly, to have to complete every single world in order to gain a tiny cutscene that told you something about the actual happenings.
III. Roxas/Naminé. I love Naminé as an individual character. She's cool. But the whole R/N thing didn't work for me. They've had only like three conversations, and I didn't really get that much feeling for them being together. I could understand about them becoming friends - still, this would need some screen time too because they basically talked about that they shouldn't have existed, etc. I just... don't understand that. Plus it's like, they're Sora's/Kairi's Nobodies so they've got to like each other.
IV. THE END. Roxas was pretty much yelling the whole time he was his own person and he just wanted to understand WTF was going on, and the end? Why was he smiling so carefree like that? Oh yeah you're about to 'live in the body of someone else' now, it's like you're 'disappearing', your best friend just died for you/your Other and you've just abandoned all your previous beliefs for WHAT exactly? I don't get it. I can see him being happy to be back where he belongs if he really feels like that but I never got that vibe from him.
V. The whole 'Nobodies need to die because they're bad and this is because they don't have hearts lulz!!1!!one!' - I mean. Hello. Isn't the desire itself to want a heart pretty much based on feelings? You need emotions to want/desire something. And. I don't know. Axel crying in FM2+, anyone? Demyx's 'we do have hearts too'? Roxas crying? Yeah, no emotions, like hell. I just don't like the philosophy behind it. They may not have had hearts but that doesn't make them outright emotionless.
VI. The short screentime of Kairi with a keyblade. I like Kairi as much as the next person - I used to dislike her but now I like her somewhat... just when she got away from 'the damsel in distress', she was back to it. I wanted to see more action with her.

...that were pretty much the main points, I guess :-/

Otherwise, I really, really loved KH2. More so than KH1. The characters are really interesting and the whole Org./Nobody thing really got me. It's just so much more interesting and deep and mature. I really love it. And, ha ha, all of my new favourite characters are in KH2, so... yeah. The game was really great. I liked it better than KH1 overall, despite the obvious annoying things. <3

meiyuri

II. The slowness of the actual plot coming out. I wanted to get the game finished as fast as possible, or rather, wanted to get on with the individual worlds because there wasn't just anything interesting happening. The most interesting things, and the actual ones KH2 is about, are in the beginning when you play as Roxas in fake!Twilight Town, and then the end in TWTNW. I don't know. It was pretty lame. It wasn't like in KH1, where the plots of the worlds were linked, and you got on with the actual story just as much. Instead, it felt like a nuisance, nearly, to have to complete every single world in order to gain a tiny cutscene that told you something about the actual happenings.

I agree with that one. I don't see the point why you have to go through the worlds twice. It was kind of a drag.

And I don't like Tron's world too, even though I know his involvement is necessary for the plot. The bgm of that place gives me the creeps and all the neon lighting makes me have a migraine (not to mention that he has one of the easiest boss fights in the entire game).:eek:

Last edited:

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
Oh! Another thing that I didn't like about KH2 is that you have to pass through the worlds twice, it was kind of a drag.

And I don't like Tron's world too, even though I know his involvement is necessary for the plot. The bgm of that place gives me the creeps and all the neon lighting makes me have a migraine (not to mention that he has one of the easiest boss fights in the entire game).:eek:

yea some worlds I was glad to get out of but, then ya had to go through again and it was like...ugh...

Muse

you look atrocious
Oh! Another thing that I didn't like about KH2 is that you have to pass through the worlds twice, it was kind of a drag.

The only boss fights that are actually tricky are the Organization XIII ones. And really, the only ones I've had trouble with are Demyx and Xaldin's fights. Everyone else was relatively easy.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
You know what? The puzzle part was something that I think I forgot to mention. Wonderland, Agrabah, Hollow Bastion.. what happened to all the puzzles? Now, I'm not too much of a fan of puzzle games, but I missed stuff like HB's Library, the Cave of Wonders' statues that Abu (or whatever his name is) had to activate, or the various flowers in Wonderland. I also hated to see the lack of Trinities. If anything, I was hoping that KH2 would have them and more like the one in Oogie Boogie's Mansion, but no.. They didn't even bring back anything like the Dalmations.

Oh, and I've said it before.. too easy..

Also, I see that someone else hated that pointless info bar.. though.. my main beef was that most of the time it was there, the text it read was pointless..

"Defeat all the heartless/ nobodies/ mysterious enemies.."

Okay.. I'm surrounded.. no way out.. heartless/ nobodies/ mysterious enemies all around me.. What else could I possibly consider?

Btw.. I liked Sora's voice in KH1 better than KH2. That scene just before the fight with Riku was one of my most favorite moments in KH1.

Muse

you look atrocious
You know what? The puzzle part was something that I think I forgot to mention. Wonderland, Agrabah, Hollow Bastion.. what happened to all the puzzles? Now, I'm not too much of a fan of puzzle games, but I missed stuff like HB's Library, the Cave of Wonders' statues that Abu (or whatever his name is) had to activate, or the various flowers in Wonderland. I also hated to see the lack of Trinities. If anything, I was hoping that KH2 would have them and more like the one in Oogie Boogie's Mansion, but no.. They didn't even bring back anything like the Dalmations.

Oh, and I've said it before.. too easy..

Also, I see that someone else hated that pointless info bar.. though.. my main beef was that most of the time it was there, the text it read was pointless..

Okay.. I'm surrounded.. no way out.. heartless/ nobodies/ mysterious enemies all around me.. What else could I possibly consider?

Have a picnic with the mysterious enemies. :D

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards

Btw.. I liked Sora's voice in KH1 better than KH2. That scene just before the fight with Riku was one of my most favorite moments in KH1.

yea the info bar did give pointless information, like you said

i mean, "defeat the heartless!"

yeah! no shit!

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com

You don't agree with me?!

Cannot... compute....

Tron's world was a pain, but I liked it because it was the only one that actually was plot driven for the other worlds.

whatsleftofme

Tron's world was a pain, but I liked it because it was the only one that actually was plot driven for the other worlds.

I actually liked Tron's world as a whole. I loved Tron as a character and the ending for him was one that made me all teary. The only thing I really didn't like about this world was this strange arcade-kind of minigame... I mean huh? Is this suddenly Mario Kart or what? I really didn't like this.

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
I actually liked Tron's world as a whole. I loved Tron as a character and the ending for him was one that made me all teary. The only thing I really didn't like about this world was this strange arcade-kind of minigame... I mean huh? Is this suddenly Mario Kart or what? I really didn't like this.

oh you mean the light cycle thing, yeah that kind of frustrated me sometimes cause I was in a hurry and kept getting killed

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts

I liked it for that and the world in general, except the Light Cycle races. Movie-related or not, I hated them with a passion. Oh, and come on, Nojima.. You're saying that a sub-world of sorts (Space Paranoids) has more importance to the story than a regular world (like Pride Lands).

Note: By the term "sub-world," I'm meaning that it's not exactly it's own stand-alone world, but rather, is a world that is accessed only by whatever world the portal to it is. (Tron's world being the computer, Winnie the Pooh's being the book, and Timeless River's being a door into the Cornerstone of Light or something)

meiyuri

The only boss fights that are actually tricky are the Organization XIII ones. And really, the only ones I've had trouble with are Demyx and Xaldin's fights. Everyone else was relatively easy.

After Xaldin's fight, everything else is easy. Xaldin shoud've been made the final boss instead of Xemnas. The only reason Xemnas was hard because you had to fight the guy for five times. (Is he like a cat or something that has nine lives?:x)

And what was the relevance of Disney castle to over-all plot of the game? I understand 100acre woods for the mini-games but really, Disney castle?

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
so, it's really just a side quest and has nothing to do with the main plot, huh? argh.:x

yup nothing much else to it...

and i always wondered

what was the point of having Maleficent and Pete in the game, they sort of...well...didn't do anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back