• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Greatest disappointment in KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
probably cause I didn't think too much about explorability when the first one came out...but after playing several other games in between KH1 and KH2, KH2 just seemed a little constricted to me (couldn't think of another word..)

I thought it was to constricted too, mostly because in KH1 you usually had some sort of ledges leading to higher platforms. It's mostly in the height department that KH2 got shrunk down.

VenAqua

deep jungle waterfall n monstro were the ones u wanted to find a way up

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Actually, a lot of them had more to do with climbing, not just those worlds.

One such world was Hollow Bastion.

There are others, too.

Mainly this is because they were trying to go for a more puzzle theme. Thus, it led to you having to think about where to go next.

THey have none of this in KH2- which is disappointing.

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
yeah, there was almost no puzzle aspect to KH2, everything was pretty much straight forward

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
Yep. The easy difficulty was also the main problem, even on proud. Would have loved to play on Limit, but Square was mean to the US T_T

I know, right? It's like geez, we're not babies, and they don't have to hold our hands through the whole game (I mean c'mon, what was up with that info bar appearing before everything we did?)

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
I say we deserved it.

Most of us bitched about how "hard" KH1 was.

ugh, well if they ever make a KH3, maybe Square will make it harder, since this time people bitched about it being easy

Muse

you look atrocious
They need to find a happy medium.

I didn't mind how hard it was. I just hated Sora's voice- that was my main complaint.

I didn't really mind the voices or the game difficulty so much, it was really the lack of plot and lack of Organization members that disappointed me. I mean, Organization XIII is supposed to be the main bosses, and yet we barely see them until the second half of the game and it's at that point when you meet Demyx in Hollow Bastion that I actually remembered who I was supposed to be fighting against. >:

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
Well, that last bit was my complaint about KH1, not 2. :D

yea his voice was pretty squeaky, thank god for puberty

so yeah, the plot also did lack, I mean there was no Organization for much of the game, you just sort of went to worlds for no real reason it seemed

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
What really gets to me is that the plot of the worlds wasn't connected to the overall plot, which KH1 did spectacularly.

I know what the hell was up with that? There was no reason to visit those planets except to increase the length of the game...wow, theres a lot of reasons the game was disappointing, yet I still like it

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Hence why I liked his voice after KH1. When he said 'There's no way you're taking Kairi's heart!' I practically shuddered in agony over my poor ears. And not just because of what was said.

Eh, I did like KH2. I just think there was a lot wrong with it. It was still a fun game, and I can't help but love the Organization.

meiyuri

I must agree that KH is way harder than KHII. I have always wondered what's up with that. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? I believe that people want more challenges from the previous game, not making it easier. (Or maybe its because the developers were thinking of the little kiddies when they made the sequel? It does have an E rating to it....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back