• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Greatest disappointment in KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

Silver Member
I use to love it to death! I would never stop playing but than I got a 360, and PS3... well now I have yet to play for 6 months.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Muffy said:
There was Kairi wielding that keyblade.
*hides*
My worst nightmare...

Then there was...
atlantica.
*shudders*

I hate that place. Of course it brought something different into the game (the songs), but still.... It just sucked.

One of the greatest disappointments was...

*drum roll*

Nojima.
The ending made me feel sick. It was the usual: "Everyone found each other once again, and they lived happily forever after." Made me want to kill someone (my sister should be glad she wasn't home, when I first got through the game).

The characters' personalities were crap. They made Kairi a bitch and Sora a bipolar idiot.

*sigh* I really wish the future games have a better storyline.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I hate that place. Of course it brought something different into the game (the songs), but still.... It just sucked.

I found it amusing they all but ignored the plot happenings in KH1. I can understand Ursula coming back if we say Maleficent pulled her out of the same hole she did Oogie and herself, even, but Ariel trusting her and everything just being a rerun of even a lot of KH1 events drove me up the walls.

One of the greatest disappointments was...

*drum roll*

Nojima.

One of them? He's the source of all Heartless other disappointments in that game >.<

The ending made me feel sick. It was the usual: "Everyone found each other once again, and they lived happily forever after." Made me want to kill someone (my sister should be glad she wasn't home, when I first got through the game).

Which to this day makes no sense to me. Had I been Sora's mother, I'd /wrist the instant I realized I all but forgot my missing son for a year.

They made Kairi a bitch

Nah, Kairi being a bitch was based in KH1. KH2 made her an utter airhead that couldn't care less about anything that wasn't Sora.

*sigh* I really wish the future games have a better storyline.

Future games = Watanabe. Done deal.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
SA said:
One of them? He's the source of all Heartless other disappointments in that game >.<
Oh, excuze meh. D: I forget stuff easily. XD

Which to this day makes no sense to me. Had I been Sora's mother, I'd /wrist the instant I realized I all but forgot my missing son for a year.

Exactly. They just went back and everyone was happy again (I would have been delighted, if Sora had got grounded because he ran away from home XD).

Nah, Kairi being a bitch was based in KH1. KH2 made her an utter airhead that couldn't care less about anything that wasn't Sora.

IMO she wasn't that bitch-y in the first one... Meh, I may think like that because I have played only KH2 recently.

Future games = Watanabe. Done deal.

Oh good.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
IMO she wasn't that bitch-y in the first one... Meh, I may think like that because I have played only KH2 recently.

Kairi said:
Let's take the raft and go, just the two of us! and leave Riku the hell behind!

then we have

Kairi said:
Riku lost his-

As opposed to -

Kairi said:
No, I won't let him go! ><

And of course the infamous -

Kairi said:
lv33.jpg

:\ KH2 Kairi was just more detached than KH2 Sora. I'm not saying she was nice, she obviously didn't care much about Riku, but KH1 had it a lot worse there.
In KH2, she didn't mind on a passive level. In KH1 she was borderline hateful which, ironically, made her to be a better character still since it gave her some sense of a personality...

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Jeez, I have forgotten everything from that game. O_O

She's mean. D:<

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The irony about that last quote is that I found it about five minutes after I came to the notion that I somehow survived her during that playthrough.
And then I found that quote.
I still believe it's an easter egg revealing Kairi's true nature to this very day, seeing where it's located chronologically. D:

chakramblaze

my greatest disapointment ( i used to be able to spell!) was of course atlantica and tron.
i really hated singing,and how DID ursula come back?
plus tron was a little annoying when i was trying to figure out what was happening in Hollow Bastion.:cursing:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
and how DID ursula come back?

The same way Oogie Boogie did? It sounds reasonable enough.

plus tron was a little annoying when i was trying to figure out what was happening in Hollow Bastion.:cursing:

...too bad Tron was actually one of the few worlds that yes had a tie to the plot XD

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
For KH2 Atlantica, they should've done what Return to Atlantica did and put in Ursula's daughter/sister/whatever relation she was.

Qarx

The irony about that last quote is that I found it about five minutes after I came to the notion that I somehow survived her during that playthrough.
And then I found that quote.
I still believe it's an easter egg revealing Kairi's true nature to this very day, seeing where it's located chronologically. D:

Especially since, in case we forgot (and you know you did :p) Kairi is a Princess of Heart, and therefore, has no Darkness in her heart.

But I guess that doesn't mean she can't be a bitch mean-spirited person.

Chiizu

My greatest disappointment was the worlds. I mean, almost all of them had absolutely no plot relevance. Not even a tiny bit.

Kairi getting a keyblade was just... stupid. And it's not even hers; Kairi borrowed it from Riku for a while, and couldn't even fight shadow heartless. That just showed how useless and weak-hearted she is. And that's is exactly what she wasn't supposed to be. :l

The boss battles were too easy. I wouldn't mind if they were more challeging. And how did Ursula came back? oO

Also, they could've made the storyline a hundred times better.

Save me, Watanabe. ;_;

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
Correction: SA has lined up the quotes for us that reveal that she's a bitch.

I think its funny.
Kairi cares a lot about Sora
Sora cares a lot for Riku
Riku cares a lot for Kairi (at least in the first one)

It's this sort of love-friendship triangle deal....

ANYWAYS
The thing that dissappointe me most was how all the bosses from KH1 came back to KH2.
I was expecting something NEW and fresh

Qarx

I think its funny.
Sora cares a lot for Riku

ANYWAYS
The thing that dissappointe me most was how all the bosses from KH1 came back to KH2.
I was expecting something NEW and fresh
LOL that is kind of funny.

Indeed. The only new bosses were either the Heartless mid-bosses, the remaining 6 members of Organization XIII (most of which were ALSO mid-bosses) and the second visit Heartless bosses (what few there were). Nothing new except the way they attacked, and what you could do in response.

Pete was the closest thing we got to a new boss, but he never was a full-on boss. Just yet another mid-boss.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Especially since, in case we forgot (and you know you did :p) Kairi is a Princess of Heart, and therefore, has no Darkness in her heart.

But I guess that doesn't mean she can't be a bitch mean-spirited person.

Exactly. It's like saying Riku has to be a bitch because he has Darkness in his Heart - which is obviously not the case.
He fell into Darkness because he was weak and in a sense - a bitch from the get go.
He was all but a martyr with enough Darkness in his Heart afterwards.

Kairi lacking Darkness in her Heart only means that she has nothing to blame her being bitchy on - save for her own rotten personality.

That just showed how useless and weak-hearted she is. And that's is exactly what she wasn't supposed to be. :l

I'll partially agree on the useless part, but why wasn't she supposed to be weak-hearted? Never once has it been said that PoHs in general let alone Kairi in particular was supposed to be strong of Heart. Ever.

Save me, Watanabe. ;_;

QFT

With her telling him what she did about Riku? I doubt it. She's just possessive, and if you use her being a PoH to reason why she couldn't care less about Riku, you have to admit it's highly likely the same reason applies to why she clings to Sora.

Er...

Sora: What are you talking about? We’ve gotta find Kairi!

Riku: Kairi’s coming with us!

Two seconds later, Sora grabbed Riku's hand and they both disappeared off the Islands, leaving Kairi behind to disappear into the Darkness.

Sora: Riku! Wait a second, where’s Kairi?

Riku: Isn’t she with you? Well, don’t worry. I’m sure she made it off the
island, too. We’re finally free. Hey, she might even be looking for us now.

Such abundant amount of worry and concern there.

He only cared about Kairi when he thought Sora betrayed him so he used her to get back at Sora.

With Sora in the middle, making the general structure of it fail.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
a few of my disappointments were the platforms as well, they were too simple. i also complain about how unbalanced the fighting is, the lack of connectivity and importance in the disney characters and worlds to the story, and the idea of bringing back sephiroth. kingdom hearts ii had so much potential to use a different boss besides him.

nevertheless, it's still a pretty decent game but i prefer kingdom hearts one because of its well-roundedness and difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back