• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Greatest disappointment in KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
The greatest disappointment is that we couldn't use Aerith's horrible voice as a weapon.

Aerith's voice was at a monotone during the whole game. It was fucking annoying, I skipped every scene with her. I miss her voice in the first game.

The Xemnas fights were quite dissapointing...I was expecting alot more from the leader >.>

Lexicon

My greatest disappointment in KH2 was the general gameplay. From everything that I heard online before its release, it was supposed to be SU-per cool and fairly satisfying to defeat an enemy BUT that was just a lie. :thumbdown:

Souhaits

One of my first posts here and I'm complaining about Kingdom Hearts. What's wrong with this picture?

I didn't really have a problem with the gameplay. Sure, it was easier than the first one and the constant triangle mashing got annoying. Still, you can do better, more effective combos in KH2 using both X and square rather than swinging the Keyblade in a rudimentary style by only hitting X. Unfortunately you can still button mash, but I definitely preferred this method.

I had more of a problem with the story. It had so many plotholes it was hard to keep track of them. I know people have mentioned that Maleficent didn't really serve a purpose in the story (except to save Sora from Nobodies at one point), but what really bothered me was that they never actually explained how she came back. See, 'cause I'm pretty sure I killed her, and then *poof*, out of nowhere she's back, and for no explained reason.

Souhaits

It's Kingdom Hearts 2 you're complaining about, and about the story of it, too. Don't worry, it's nothing out of the ordinary; it's kind of a given by now.

Good to know, because as much as I love this game, I still have a lot of issues with it.

Did anyone else have a problem with how they tried to portray KH2 as your average good vs. evil plot, but it didn't play out like that at all? Throughout the entire game I never got the impression that the Organization was supposed to be evil (perhaps with the exception of a couple of the founding members), and I really didn't have the desire to fight the majority of them. However, Sora acts like they're evil. I know in a lot of instances he had no choice but to fight them, but throughout the game he never showed any remorse for the fact that they were a misunderstood group who just wanted to be whole people. Did he honestly never consider the possibility that they were just desperate and wanted hearts?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ah, the age old question. Are the Organization evil and why doesn't Sora stop to think otherwise?
Well - why should he? The first time he ran into them was after Yen Sid - someone obviously trust worthy going by Donald and Goofy's trust in him, told him the Organization were a thread. And what did they do? They attacked Hollow Bastion, filled with Sora's friends. They continued to harm the people near and dear to him, both in the Coliseum and in Beast's Castle. He ran into them when they attacked HB again, continued to terrorize the worlds, and then held one friend captive while withholding information about another friend, all the while taunting him about Riku being in mortal peril.

Screw their reasons, this isn't being misunderstood, this is being evil, and Sora had no reason to even try and see beyond it.

The irony is that had they talked to him, Sora probably would've helped them. Depopulizing the Heartless is a joint goal for the both of them, and turning Nobodies into Whole Beings sounds just like something Sora'd be interested in getting to. It certainly would make his life easier at least a little bit.
They didn't offer. They hurt the people he cared for, and they hurt him.
Why should he give them a second thought instead of launch at them with Keyblades blazing?

Souhaits

The irony is that had they talked to him, Sora probably would've helped them. Depopulizing the Heartless is a joint goal for the both of them, and turning Nobodies into Whole Beings sounds just like something Sora'd be interested in getting to. It certainly would make his life easier at least a little bit.
They didn't offer. They hurt the people he cared for, and they hurt him.
Why should he give them a second thought instead of launch at them with Keyblades blazing?

Ok, you got me... I guess I didn't think into it enough. It still begs the question as to why the Organization attacked Sora in the first place, when as you said he probably would have been more than willing to help them. Some lingering animosity that their Others felt for Keybearers? I'd say that would be a safe assumption... if they were able to feel anything. However, since they're Nobodies, wouldn't it be easier for them to see through past problems and recognize that working with Sora rather than against him would be in their best interest? He couldn't remember the events from Castle Oblivion anyway.

Souhaits

I guess they just underestimated him then. It still seems kinda strange; you'd think someone would've brought up the fact that he was able to singlehandedly defeat Vexen, Larxene, and Marluxia... not to mention his bout with the Heartless in KH1. Seems like enough information for them to realize he was a force to be reckoned with. It could just be arrogance and stubbornness on the Organization's part though.

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Noting that sanity is a point of view... Mine is s
yes the reaction commands are cool but unfortunately it meant that after a few rounds the enemies were defeated. I just started the game on Proud mode and I'm now in HB and I finally died... to easy. On my first game (easy) I used the Kingdom key throughout the entire thing, I only used the drives if i was in the mood and only used the summons when on a time restraint in the coliseum. I also miss the Trinities.

J.Seraphim

How could I be disappointed in my favorite series? I found nothing wrong with the game. It's brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back