• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

great buys for the Ps2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diluted.Past

hey, well since the Ps3 is coming out this year, with a price tag of $500-600 dollars, and the games $60-100 each, i thought we should make a list of all the great buys for the Ps2, for the people to poor to afford the Ps3 at its launch...

I can only think of a couple right now anyone can add the ones they liked as well-

resident evil 4 - one word. Guns. this game has alot of them, with so many weapons, you won't get bored of this game for a long while as you mow down waves of zombie-like peasents. The game is fairly long as well, the main storyline for the average gamer about 30-40 hours, not including the 3 other game modes <----- only 20 bucks

God of War - he kicks so much as in this game, he does anything to get what he wants ^^. the fighting is great, with different weapons and upgrades, and once you finish the game you can play challenge of the Gods, awsome IMO <-----only 20 bucks

Final fantasy 10 - must I say why? <---- most likely 20 bucks

Black - more like a rent, but its pretty good, great weapons, o.k. story line( your a black ops who is taken into custody becuase you didnt follow orders or something like that), amazing graphics(it doesn't even look like a Ps2 game)

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3(subsistence) - both great games, though I like 3 better, mainly becuase I found it harder. You play as snake in both, though in 3 its in the past.

Prince of Persia( the Two thrones) - Great game, great graphics, great ways to kill people >:3, good storyline( its the third one).

Kingdom hearts - I do not know why I'm posting this >.> but it is a great buy xD

Legacy of Kain: defiance - sounds good, il check the reviews on this game

Shadow of the colossus - great game, great graphics. Your a boy who goes out and kills huge lumbering monsters to save your friend, how can it get any better

Grand theft auto(san andreas) - meh, personally I find this game boring, but tahts just me. Go around killing anyone and everyone, going through the huge world starting out as a lowly thug, turning yourself into a big crime lord >.>

Iko- Havent played it, but I hear its really good,

.hack// 1-4 - ah yes, this game is one of the more sought out games for the Ps2. word of advice, if you see a copy, buy it right away.

Socom 1-3 - great FPS shooters, not that expensive either, great online play ( socom 2 and 3 anyway) challenging missions, easy to talk to the AI allies

well, those are the ones I could think of so far, il edit this with more games when I can remember more

these are just opinions from the cummunity, if you want an in-depth review, go to gamespot or something

edit: added more games, looking up some more

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
Ratchet and Clank series(except Deadlocked)
Jak series(except Jak X)
Prince of Persia series

Diluted.Past

il look into those and post a more detailed synopsis than in my first post ^^

edit: added one and changed some of my opinions. also I probably havent played some of the games you might mention, so add your opinion =)

IBeatSephiroth

Here's a good deal,At EB games in australia,they are havin' a sale.(me & my sis are pre oderin' kh2 there)

Kingdom hearts 1<<$35.00!!

FFX<<$20.00!!!

thats all i know now.:)

The Midnight Channel

My Photoshop Just Died TT_TT
I would say the .hack series is also a great buy.... great story line and ok fighting....

Another is Dragon Quest 8.... but it is still very pricey

The Midnight Channel

My Photoshop Just Died TT_TT
okay... just glanced my collection... there is also Star Ocean 3(which btw is at $20... dont think... buy) Star Wars Battlefront 1& 2(both excelent games the earlier &20) and Final Fantasy X-2 (If you wanna see a nice endin with good gameplay but crappy story this is the game for you!)

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
Socom 1-3 - great FPS shooters, not that expensive either, great online play ( socom 2 and 3 anyway) challenging missions, easy to talk to the AI allies
Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.
--The Socom Series, is an OTS (Over the Shoulder) not FPS.
--Socom 1 - 2 are $20, S3 is still $39-$49
--Socom 2's online play went to crap a few weeks ago. Don't play it online. S3 on the other hand is great.
--Single player is brutaly easy. Team AI is retarded, and enemy AI is quite dumb.

I love SOCOM =D

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
Most of these should cost less the 20 bucks now.

Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix- More cars, new city, and it costs less.
Ico- You'll understand Shadow of the Colossus so much more.
Shadow Of the Colossus- You get to kill giants, nuff' said.
God Of War- I belive it's a greatest hit now, so if you didn't buy it then you must do so now.
Tekken 5- Better Graphics, cool storylines, and It's just fun.
Prince of Persia Series- One of the best PS2 has to offer
Metal Gear Solid Series- One word, Snake.
Jak Series- Some of Naughty Dog's finest work.

Mighty

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - Highly considered one of the best fighting games of all time. It easily the deepest fighting game around by including a mode called "Kumite" It allows you to fight your way up a chain of fighters leveling up your rank, recieving new costumes and prizes and even fighting simulated world champions (By which I mean the people who were top ranked at Virtua Fighter competitions around the world)of Virtua Fighter 4. Even after you've poured 40 hours into the mode you probably still won't be at the top of the ranks.

Sly Cooper - The entire series is great, easily one of the best 3d platforming series to come out of this generation of gaming. With great characters, plots and mini games the series has quickly become one of the "best seller" series for the PS2.

Klonoa 2 - The sequel to the very popular PS1 game, Klonoa returns with great cel-shaded graphics and traditional yet amazing platforming gameplay.It combines 2d side scrolling action with great 3d aspects to create a 2d/3d enviorment. It was considered one of the most overlooked and best platformers of this generation.

Disgaea - Haven't played it myself, but people rave about it as being one of the best ps2 games. Unfortunatly it's harder to find than most ps2 games.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
prince of persia series is the sheez, i love it. one of the best games i have EVER played. and as difficult as the first one was, i soldiered on

not on PS2, but Wind Waker on the GC, the amount of crap it got before it came out, it was just the best, best Zelda ive played EVER!

getblazedordie

DEVIL MAY CRY 3!!! how can u ppl forget bout that, special edition - 19.99$ u serious? one of the greatest buys for the PS2. so much content, its challenging and has alternative story mode as Vergil(Dante's brother)

Def Jam Fight For New York - many ppl missed that game, if u want a great fighitng game, get it. u might not like it if u hate hip-hop culture and all, but the fighitng mechanics and content is unbeatable. BEST STORY IN A FIGHTING GAME!

Need For Speed Underground 2 - good racing, lots of customization, 20 bucks. Most Wanted is out, but i still luv my underground better.

Jak 3 - it came out like in 2004 or smthng, i still dust it off my shelf and play it after all this time. Awesomeness guaranteed.

Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal - my 2nd favorite game after kh2. Going Commando is on the same page with it, they are both great platformers with plenty, I MEAN PLENTY of weapons and challenges. If u r gonna collect all the skillpoint and bolts will take u over 40 hours.

Gran Turismo 4 - if you love racing, if you love cars, have no second doubt, this game will take u to the stars.

all i can think of for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back