• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gravity Rush 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Re: Gravity Rush 2 Confirmed!

I was going to buy this after finishing KH2.8 but now after seeing those short clips... there's a chance I am buying this day 1. I forgot how well Gravity Rush has these really funny and heartwarming scenes(Kat drooling about new food melted my heart) but also these rather dark and creepy ones surrounded with mystery. Those kids in the pods and the two figures they fought were kinda scary but cool.

One my favorite parts from the first game is when you began the descend from Heksaville. At first you have the normal theme playing and everything seems to be fine, but then the music stops. The only thing you hear is the wind as you go down and down and everything starts to get more twisted. That was freaking amazing.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Kat's character designer illustrates how she gets her dress on:

XG8lch9l.jpg

Really cute. I bet it will come in handy for cosplayers.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I broke down and preordered a digital copy. Will pick up a physical one when it's cheaper.

Just 7 hours until it unlocks. Fingers crossed the download will be mostly done by then.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Got this game last week and I am having a blast! There is something in the streets that makes them feel less "sterile", and instead they have this overall feeling of life that I really like. The new powers are awesome, the story is getting interesting (I am at chapter 3) and Kat continues to be one of the most likable videogame protagonists ever. I`ll write stuff in more detail later.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Do you have to use motion controls? It's the only thing that's keeping me from buying the game. Also, is the game long or short?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
^ No, not really. You can adjust the camera by moving you`r controller as you are flying, and that is not really needed.

Hmm, I guess it depends. It took me about a week to complete the first game. If you wonder around the city and play with you`r powers, do all of the challenges and side-missions, the game has substantial length. I really recommend both the first game and the second one. The first game was truly and unique and personal adventure, something you won`t see everyday. The art style is very unique, controls are tight and the overall gameplay is fun, the soundtrack is freaking amazing, and the plot and the characters are good. Especially the protagonist Kat is one of the most likable characters I have ever seen:

tumblr_oitwcsXLL91r0tp5lo1_500.png

tumblr_oitwcsXLL91r0tp5lo2_500.png

tumblr_oitwcsXLL91r0tp5lo3_500.png

RIP food.

The humor in this game is something I really like.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You can turn off gyro controls in the menu so no, you don't have to use motion controls. The first game is, on average, about 12-15 hours long. The sequel is about 25-30 hours long.

Muke

whatever
Awards
^ No, not really. You can adjust the camera by moving you`r controller as you are flying, and that is not really needed.

Hmm, I guess it depends. It took me about a week to complete the first game. If you wonder around the city and play with you`r powers, do all of the challenges and side-missions, the game has substantial length. I really recommend both the first game and the second one. The first game was truly and unique and personal adventure, something you won`t see everyday. The art style is very unique, controls are tight and the overall gameplay is fun, the soundtrack is freaking amazing, and the plot and the characters are good.
Okay, thank you for the long answer!

You can turn off gyro controls in the menu so no, you don't have to use motion controls. The first game is, on average, about 12-15 hours long. The sequel is about 25-30 hours long.
Ahh, it's nice you can turn it off. 25-30 hours, huh? Nice! Then I'll have something to play throughout the holidays.
Thanks, Chaser!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I blame Bufferino for getting me into this series but..

Preordered Gravity Rush 2, wasn't sorry tho it got here a week late (they held it so they could ship it with my preordered KH 2.8). Been having a blast so far.

And good to know about the gyro controls. I may just turn them off. ^^

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Beat the game`s story yesterday, man was it a blast!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Next I am going to do at least the rest of side mission and races.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hey can somebody clear something up about the dlc (potential main game ending spoilers):

Spoiler Spoiler Show

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
^ Holy heck, 2B`s outfit looks pretty good on Kat. With Dusty on her side she looks like a cool witch or something. I quite like it.

The first posture where she has her hand on her hips screams: "I am here to kick ass." :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Servers are being shut off in just a few weeks. Try and get as many dusty tokens as you can before the outfits, gestures, and more are potentially gone forever,

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, I was just gonna ask about that. I've not yet finished the first game. Does the intro to GR2 spoil the ending and can you farm those tokens and get the costumes early on in the game? Otherwise I'll have to... rush through the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back