• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Gravity Falls - #CipherHunt & Journal 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Re: Gravity Falls

tumblr_m75ein0gPh1rsxmh9o1_400.gif

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Okay I've seen three episodes, I was hooked at the opening

[video=youtube;tctX771EQeA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tctX771EQeA[/video]

Also, I found this Youtube comment interesting

anyone hear the wispering at the end? and the pyramid? there is a code... wispering backwards : "three letters back" and the code is next to the pyramid and the code translates to: "Stan is not what he seems." im sure

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

Yeah I caught the pyramid/eye that flashes at the end after I think the second time I saw it. Didn't give it much thought, I just figured it was a cute jab at the spooky nature of the show. It's cool that there's actually something there, though it seems it's mostly fluff.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Well shit, I go searching for "Dipper Gravity Falls" on Google Images and there's already a ton of Rule 34.... it's like.... why?

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

Well, it DOES exist, so....

ALSO WOW THEY REALLY DO EXIST.
tumblr_m6xgx9IIky1rzw44ro1_500.jpg

Also I totally love that the Manotaur, Chutzpah, is Jewish. The whole episode I was wondering why he was the only one wearing a cap, and then he said his name, and I laughed my fucking ass off.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

ALSO WOW THEY REALLY DO EXIST.
tumblr_m6xgx9IIky1rzw44ro1_500.jpg

It might be just me, but they really don't look much alike

Well, it DOES exist, so....

But it comes out of nowhere, I can't even trust Google Images Safesearch ;A;

EDIT: They only have two episodes on Disney's website :/

EDIT 2:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic

So, since the coded message from the opening translates to, "Stan is not what he seems.", what do you guys think that means? I mean, it'd be less weird if it'd said 'not who he seems', but it said 'what'.
I mean, is Gruncle Stan not human?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

So, since the coded message from the opening translates to, "Stan is not what he seems.", what do you guys think that means? I mean, it'd be less weird if it'd said 'not who he seems', but it said 'what'.
I mean, is Gruncle Stan not human?

I think he's human. I think the twins will discover his lair and see some things that make them think he's evil. Later on in the episode they put in a twist that he's actually a good guy and possibly the writer of the books. Either way I can't see him being a monster or bad/evil. I think he has some secrets hidden about his past

D.D.D

I think he's human. I think the twins will discover his lair and see some things that make them think he's evil. Later on in the episode they put in a twist that he's actually a good guy and possibly the writer of the books. Either way I can't see him being a monster or bad/evil. I think he has some secrets hidden about his past
I wouldn't be surprised if he was the writer of the books. What was weird though is that he told Dipper to go to the exact spot where the third book was buried and insisted that Dipper had to put up those signs, instead of Mabel or Wendy or Soos (I mean, he did the eenie meanie miney moe thing, but he gave up in the middle of it and just told Dipper to do it). So maybe he meant for Sir Dippingsauce to find it.
I love how his lair is behind the vending machine. I'm sure someone will find it eventually, or will see Gruncle Stan entering. I wonder what's back there. Hopefully the creator won't be a troll and will show us someday.

BTW, that Roxas and Axel gif is amazing. I just love the expression on Roxas' face. He was kinda derpy in the beginning of Days.

So, I was lurking on Tumblr and found this:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Pinecest....ew.... I mean, they're twins.

Last edited:

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

Yeah I keep running across smut between those two on tumblr, and it's really disturbing. They're siblings, and they're children. God the internet is fucked up sometimes.

But yeah, I'm still of the opinion the books were written by Gruncle Stan. Mainly for the fact that the house he lives in seems to be covered with secret technology, similar to the mechanism that was hiding the book Dipper found in the first episode.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Yeah I keep running across smut between those two on tumblr, and it's really disturbing. They're siblings, and they're children. God the internet is fucked up sometimes.
I thought people would like my smut :(

D.D.D

But yeah, I'm still of the opinion the books were written by Gruncle Stan. Mainly for the fact that the house he lives in seems to be covered with secret technology, similar to the mechanism that was hiding the book Dipper found in the first episode.
Pinecest...those poor twins, subjected to the wrath of the fandom. But yeah, I've been seeing it everywhere, too.

Gruncle Stan is so strange. Gideon has one of the books, correct? So it's Dipper, Gideon, and then no one knows where the first book is. I'm going to say it's either Stan or a character we haven't seen yet.

But what I don't get is why, if Stan did write the books, whenever something weird is going on he never notices and/or ignores when Dipper says anything about it. Is he doing this on purpose, or is he just super oblivious? I think it's the former, if he wrote those books, because then he'd believe it when Dipper said anything unless he was trying to hide something.

Anyways, did anyone notice on the same code screen 'sheet' in the opening that there's a Konami game code? It's so weird. It's like, "Up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, x, o,", or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back