• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Google+

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Well, to be honest Roxas, I honestly feel like facebook is reaching the end of its days. It's starting to reach the point in its life where it's getting "cluttered." But, facebook has been known for being very "simple" and "clean." Hopefully they maintain that in future layouts.

Plus, G+ so far isn't bad. The circles idea is great. At least now I can invite my family without them seeing everything on my profile :x

Actually the circle Idea and the huddle group messaging thing is what I'm feeling most about Google+ I also agree with the whole Facebook thing. It really is cluttered now. And it feels like they are doing too much. I don't even go there on my pc anymore. I use my phone because it feel way more to the point and less congested.

+Minus

I currently have a Google+ account, and honestly, I like it a lot. I will say that it will take a long time to get the same amount of users as Facebook has, but it certainly has its potential. It is very user-friendly, like most everything Google pushes out. Google+ reminds me of a combination of Facebook and Tumblr users.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Watching the videos on the site makes Circles seem like a great idea. There are times on FB where I don't want others to see certain things and I know they don't want to see them. It would be nice to be able to actually organize my friends. On FB you have to do all of the complicated stuff with tagging.

Also, I like the idea of video chat and sharing things. I'm sure it will be organized better than FB. I miss being able to see all of my links on one page.

I know when it comes out I'm leaving FB.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I absolutely love Google+ it is such a clean and intuitive interface. Circles are perfect for someone like me (and most people) that like to filter who they share what with. Sparks is a very unique idea and I've already added a few. It is easily tied in with my other Google services (Gmail, Youtube). I love using my phone to talk to my closest friends in huddles. And I can't wait to try out the hangouts feature sometime soon. (KHI should use hangouts instead of Skype from now on!)

Lastly, I'm tired of Facebook. I'm tired of the people on it. I'm tired of the attention whoring. I'm tired of the stupid apps that should up on my wall and feed. I'm tired of the shitty ads (although I'm sure G+ will get them eventually, it is how google makes its money). I figure the type of things I hate on Facebook are easily filtered out on G+. (Not to mention that the types I hate on Facebook are probably not interested in G+ in the first place: you can't attention whore by making sure everyone sees your publicized life, you cant e stalk and make sure you know what everyone is up to, you can't force people to add you by adding them, and plus, by switching over to G+, you lose all your precious "Friends" and tagged photos. Those whores aren't going to make the switch).

All that plus the fact that Facebook's privacy settings change every couple of weeks (and always default to being as open as possible) are reasons why I've almost exclusively spent my time on G+ since I got my account (I've barely spent over 30 minutes on Facebook this past week).

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Watching the videos on the site makes Circles seem like a great idea. There are times on FB where I don't want others to see certain things and I know they don't want to see them. It would be nice to be able to actually organize my friends. On FB you have to do all of the complicated stuff with tagging.

Also, I like the idea of video chat and sharing things. I'm sure it will be organized better than FB. I miss being able to see all of my links on one page.

I know when it comes out I'm leaving FB.

Same there are times where i'd rather talk to you that doesn't involve others. Of course we could do that via messaging by phones. But on the off chance that one of us loses are phones or are phones die, makes it quite difficult. The messaging thing doesn't work on your FB either does it? Needless to say...even my family gets in on my affairs, and some of my friends take FB....so seriously :/ and i've only been on for a little over a year now

I absolutely love Google+ it is such a clean and intuitive interface. Circles are perfect for someone like me (and most people) that like to filter who they share what with. Sparks is a very unique idea and I've already added a few. It is easily tied in with my other Google services (Gmail, Youtube). I love using my phone to talk to my closest friends in huddles. And I can't wait to try out the hangouts feature sometime soon. (KHI should use hangouts instead of Skype from now on!)

Lastly, I'm tired of Facebook. I'm tired of the people on it. I'm tired of the attention whoring. I'm tired of the stupid apps that should up on my wall and feed. I'm tired of the shitty ads (although I'm sure G+ will get them eventually, it is how google makes its money). I figure the type of things I hate on Facebook are easily filtered out on G+. (Not to mention that the types I hate on Facebook are probably not interested in G+ in the first place: you can't attention whore by making sure everyone sees your publicized life, you cant e stalk and make sure you know what everyone is up to, you can't force people to add you by adding them, and plus, by switching over to G+, you lose all your precious "Friends" and tagged photos. Those whores aren't going to make the switch).

All that plus the fact that Facebook's privacy settings change every couple of weeks (and always default to being as open as possible) are reasons why I've almost exclusively spent my time on G+ since I got my account (I've barely spent over 30 minutes on Facebook this past week).

Man...you make it sound so tempting, though i have a feeling i'm one of those ppl you're tired of seeing, lol. In any case i hope to try G+ at some point, and the off chance that it's available after my 2 months in basic then that would be really nice

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I agree with jeels.

After spending about 5 minutes on google+, facebook feels incredibly trashy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah, totally convinced over G+.

Same there are times where i'd rather talk to you that doesn't involve others. Of course we could do that via messaging by phones. But on the off chance that one of us loses are phones or are phones die, makes it quite difficult. The messaging thing doesn't work on your FB either does it? Needless to say...even my family gets in on my affairs, and some of my friends take FB....so seriously :/ and i've only been on for a little over a year now

Yeah. Messaging for me is weird. I have to use private browsing to see them, and like Jeels said, it generally resets your privacy settings all of the time. I know certain apps turn private browsing off and I never notice so I forget to log off to set it back to private.

I like when our convos are private, but my friends and your friends can see them so I feel like I have to limit my words.

I'm also kinda tired of photos acting stupid, notification lag, and all of those unwanted game app requests people send.

In any case i hope to try G+ at some point, and the off chance that it's available after my 2 months in basic then that would be really nice

I hope you do. In 2 months I probably won't even go on FB anymore. If you didn't notice, I post random status updates and weird videos. I actually started that months ago when I got tired of all of the common crap on FB. "smh u got 2 be on it 2 win it" "jezzy g be hittin the clubs" "crawlng in my skin these wonds they will nt heal"

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
btw to take full advantage of google+, you want the mobile app. it allows you to basically do group chat. (Check out my posts in the android/ios thread to see how good it looks!)

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Your posts are so convincing. Sadly though, I really don't think my irl friends will migrate to Google +. But I'll still give it a try though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just tell them they won't ever be able to contact you unless they join. Then post stuff like "Chillin on G+" as a FB status every day.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Google+ shits all over Facebook's UI. I really like it, but I'm waiting to see how well it gets adopted before I really commit.

I will say this, though: Circles is sharing done right.

How many people actually have accounts? Anyone can add me, name's Nathaniel Mott.

D

Deleted member 36435

i have no idea what i am doing with this thing

where do i get basic infomations at

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
People who have G+ can add you to their Circle, which in theory gives you an invite. You just have to have a Google Profile. At least I think that is what that blog said.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
btw to take full advantage of google+, you want the mobile app. it allows you to basically do group chat. (Check out my posts in the android/ios thread to see how good it looks!)

do you need an android for that?

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
There's an iOS app being developed.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
i'm all Google related. My facebook, and youtube are connected to my Gmail. Hell i use google chrome so my access my google accounts are pretty much on my chrome interface

google is slowly taking over your life bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back