• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Google+

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
So, after the failures that were Google Buzz and Orkut, Google has decided to attack Facebook again. This time they're going to use Google+, a new social networking site that's currently in testing with only a few people. The link below will give more in-depth information.

The Google+ Project

So, what are your thoughts on the newest Google product?

Personally, they've got a shot but Facebook will obviously not be easy to topple.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
its a interesting concept but idk. when you think about their other failed projects google had.... buzz, orkut, video, wave, and latitude, it makes me kind of skeptical. why not just buy facebook and add these cool features like they did with youtube?

metrifyx

I like the idea, but...ugh, I don't know. I have some doubts as to if it can do everything that Facebook can, if that's their goal, but I'll just have to wait and see. I definitely want to use this, but I think I'll have to use Facebook alongside it in order to coordinate with people, especially if the thing doesn't take off.

State

Awards
That's interesting. Has some new and fresh concepts that should attract a couple of hundreds of users. Still, with how much of an advertising giant that Google is, I'm sure it'll grow, but not as much as Facebook has grown. All in all, + might be another Twitter.

I'll use it because I love all things Google. I just don't know how long it will last.
I'll give you an example:

I believe you use Google Chrome, no? Well, there's something better in the market; Mozilla Firefox 5.

In this case; Facebook > +

O

Oberon

I'll probably at the least check it out.

Seems interesting.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Ahh, another by-invite-only Google service. Reminds me of the days when Gmail was cool because of its exclusivity; now it's become so ordinary.

I'm interested now, so if anyone has invites to give, I'll always be here to accept~

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
OH BONK THEY STOLE MY IDEA ALMOST EXACTLY

ugh, i was planning on pitching it to google too

i feel robbed

Beyer

Seems interesting. I like it, but it is too early to really say.

As people have said, I don't think it will beat Facebook but I see it being a competitor.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
will definitely check it out. looks promising to me.

and what happened to GoogleMe? i thought it was an upcoming movie/documentary/social network/whatever?

O

Oberon

So I got my invite and made an account. There's a clever little loophole I found in making an account; when someone emails you something via the Circles service on Google+, you are able to make an account from it. Totally skipped the whole 'wait a month to get an email confirmation' shtick.

It definitely looks pretty minimal at the moment, since obviously not many people are on it and nothing has been used very much as of yet. But it's kinda cool regardless. Will update with my thoughts when I've used it more later.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
I don't plan on using it, unless it catches big time. The whole reason people use facebook is for connectivity, so unless everyone who uses facebook migrates to google+, I don't see a point.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
For the most part it looked pretty ballin, and I wouldnt be surprised if facebook took some of the ideas from Google+ in which case I don't see it getting popular soon if at all.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Well I've been using it for a couple of hours now and the first thing that came that came to mind was, do I really want to build up my friend list again, and invite people to join?

O

Oberon

Well, to be honest Roxas, I honestly feel like facebook is reaching the end of its days. It's starting to reach the point in its life where it's getting "cluttered." But, facebook has been known for being very "simple" and "clean." Hopefully they maintain that in future layouts.

Plus, G+ so far isn't bad. The circles idea is great. At least now I can invite my family without them seeing everything on my profile :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back