• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Google Riderection Virus - Help Me :(

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slenix

I have a very pesky little virus commonly known as the Google Redirection Virus.

Basically what it does is, you make a search on Google. You click on the link. Then you are redirected once or twice to another page that tries to download Trojans and Malware onto your computer.

I've pretty much tried everything I can think of.

I have download avast! Anti-Virus Software and ran a full system scan - No Infected Files
I have downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and ran a full system scan - No Infections Found
I have downloaded CCleaner and ran a system clean. I even ran the registry cleaner.

I manually went into my Temporary Internet Files and deleted ALL the cookies.

I have done several system scans and nothing is found, but I am still redirected and my Anti-Virus software pops up a message saying "Trojan Horse Blocked."

Can anybody help me?

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Try reseting your computer to a date before it started happening. That'll erase everything you did after that date so it should work unless it was there before then. That's the easiest way.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
it happens to alot of people but it depends on the site cause the site might have the virus

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I got this virus a while back, but couldn't get rid of it because I had no reset point.
I just tried to ignore it, but it started getting worse to where everything was slow online, and some sites wouldn't load.
Had to do a whole system reboot. :/

My advice to you, try to restore to a system restore point.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
i think my sister got the same virus on her laptop. (im just gonna format her harddrive and install windows 7 on it... she currently has vista)

if youi cant system restore to an earlier i suggest trying to recovering the system to factory default. if that fails reinstal windows. (worst case )

i seriously hate viruses. i lost so much info with the virus i got couple years ago. if i ever ran into a nerd that creates virus i would F*ckin stranggle it...

Slenix

SAD UPDATE:

This is what ended up happening.

The virus that installed itself was part of a virus called ZUMIESEARCHSERVICE.

WHAT IT DOES:
Corrupts any internet browser and redirects to malware sites that will install Trojans and other viruses onto your computer.
WHERE IS IT:
It is listed as a Registry Key! Because of this, ANY anti-malware or anti-virus software will not remove it, because it appears to be as an actual System Registry Key.
OTHER HARMFUL EFFECTS:
If the internet is left open for too long, it will activate part of the virus that will bring up a fake system error message, prompting you to activate the software to remove all of the infections it has "found." It will also change your desktop wallpaper.
WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT:
I don't know.

What ended up happening is I found the virus, and tried removing it. What the virus basically did then was say "OH CRAP! You find me! Activate System32 Deletion process!"
The virus will then crash your computer with the blue screen of death and delete an important Boot file.
Your computer will then be in a continuous boot loop. Any boot start-up selection (such as Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mood with Command Prompt, Last known good configuration, etc.) will not work.
SOLUTION:
Your only solution is to re-install your Operating System (OS) and re-boot.

HOW TO PREVENT THIS:
Make sure you have an anti-virus software activated. The virus attached itself before I had any anti-virus software.
Other than that, I don't know. If it does happen, do what everybody else said and do a System Restore Point to a date before the virus. I don't know how else to remove this.

Hope this helps anybody to not have suffered the same terrible fate as I have. Any other info anybody else might have, please add to this! (or correct me.)

Now I must leave. My library time is about to run out! Later!

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I have a very pesky little virus commonly known as the Google Redirection Virus.

Basically what it does is, you make a search on Google. You click on the link. Then you are redirected once or twice to another page that tries to download Trojans and Malware onto your computer.
I made a thread for this awhile back, I had the EXACT same thing. Then I got XP Defender virus, and it pretty much wrecked havoc to my computer. I got Avast and it fixed it, but odd enough you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back