• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Goofy, Donald, Pete and Chip & Dale Kingdom Hearts Funko Pops releasing March 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think the reason the original characters are not being made yet is because Disney is in charge of what pops get made and decided on those choices. Maybe because Disney isn't confident KH pops will sell, and want to hedge their bets by using characters known to average Disney fans who don't play KH first before deciding to have Funko making any of the original characters into pops....
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Something similar's happened with male characters from Disney films. For some reason, Disney has chosen not to release princes for the majority of their film lines because they must worry they won't sell as well as the female characters or the cute animal sidekicks. Aladdin is the worst example--they released Jasmine, Jafar, and Genie, but still no Aladdin.....

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
To quote Master Spockanort from the last Pop Funko thread:

Master Spockanort said:
This Kingdom Hearts Funko sets a dangerous precedent for me because I've avoided giving into the temptation of buying them and falling into their evil grasp.

If even Chip/Dale are getting Pop Funkos (they're not the most major Disney characters in KH), I expect multiple variants of multiple characters. The completist in me wants them all, but feasibly, I just don't have the resources to accommodate where my imagination is going with this.

That being said, I can easily see an Aqua Funko Pop and given Funko Pop isn't SE, AKA people-who-are-trying-to hold-Aqua-back, I will finally heed the words of Nomura, Hashimoto, & co. and I will "please be excited."

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Kicking some life in this thread because, for those of you that don't know, London Toy Fair is today and Funko will be revealing a LOT of new products and info apparently. So it wouldn't surprise me if this is where we get our first look at these POP figures seeing they are supposed to come out in March.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Thanks for posting, I had no idea about that. :wink: I'm hoping these, the Disney Afternoon shows, and the new Ursula (which I think is part of a villain line from the way it sounds) might finally get revealed.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'll probs get Mickey, Donald and Goofy. I held off on buying Pops of these characters despite my love for them, and now I finally know why.

Although, after these guys, I want a Riku (preferably either young or old DDD) and Aqua Pop. I'd like a Sora Pop or the gay lovebirds Axel and Rucksack, butttttttt I want my baes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back