• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Good People Die

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
The new game from Chunsoft and the staff of 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors made its debut on the pages of Famitsu earlier today. Famitsu.com followed up with a few screenshots of Gyokugen Dasshutsu Adv: Zennin Shiboudes.

2132458884_full.jpg

2132458888_full.jpg

The guy dressed like a mechanic is the game's main character, Sigma. Sigma is an ordinary college student who will frequently make sexual comments, annoying girls.

The girl in the center of the character art is Phi. She's cool and intelligent, but will sometimes say stupid jokes. She says she's a C cup when she's actually an A cup.

The story begins when Sigma is kidnapped and awakens in an elevator next to Phi. While Sigma doesn't know Phi, she seems to know him, even calling his name out. A bunny appears on the elevator monitor, causing them to flee the elevator (I'm not sure what the bunny says to make them flee, although if I saw a talking bunny on an elevator monitor I'd flee too). They find themselves in a warehouse alongside seven others. They will have to escape from this facility.

Chunsoft refers to Gyokugen Dasshutsu Adv: Zennin Shiboudes as a "game of betrayal." What that means is unclear at present, as only a few gameplay details have been announced. The game will have visual novel parts and escape parts. The escape parts involve exploring rooms and solving puzzles.

Development on Gyokugen Dasshutsu Adv: Zennin Shiboudes is currently at 50%. Famitsu lists the release time frame as TBA.

Source: First Look: Team 999's New Vita/3DS Adventure

Really loved their previous game. Looking forward to this one.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Re: Gyokugen Dasshutsu Adv: Zennin Shiboudes. AKA the people who made 999:9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Door

If its American release isnt confirmed yet than idc. Ive already been let down to many times this year :(

Realm Walker

Re: Gyokugen Dasshutsu Adv: Zennin Shiboudes. AKA the people who made 999:9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Door

I can't see the first two pictures above.

sora4sky

Translated title is "Good People Die."

Art and screens from Good People Die, the new... - Tiny Cartridge - Nintendo DS, DSi, & 3DS News, Media, Videos, Imports, Homebrew, & Retro Junk

Numbered doors? That's familiar. 999 was excellent, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this is about.

999 is definitely one of my favorite DS titles along with TWEWY, RE:Coded, Colors and some other games.

I remember my first ending in 999 was the knife. LoL you trolls.\

[video=youtube;sHMhHA5a6v8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHMhHA5a6v8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Sooo, the girl with pink hair looks identical to an adult Clover and the girl with black hair looks like Allice.
I cannot wait for this game; I'm sad to see more of the hand drawn animation go out for 3D... but hopefully it retains its original charm. :3
The bunny is the "Zero" equivalent... so weird. XD CANNOT WAIT.

It better get localized.

EDIT: Sigma and Phi come from the Greek alphabet... so that seems to be the theme of their "names" this time around.

sora4sky

Sooo, the girl with pink hair looks identical to an adult Clover and the girl with black hair looks like Allice.
I cannot wait for this game; I'm sad to see more of the hand drawn animation go out for 3D... but hopefully it retains its original charm. :3
The bunny is the "Zero" equivalent... so weird. XD CANNOT WAIT.

It better get localized.

EDIT: Sigma and Phi come from the Greek alphabet... so that seems to be the theme of their "names" this time around.

And i am honored that they used my country's alphabet. :D

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The japanese title is literally translated to "Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die"

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Sorry for the double post/thread revive. I have tons of new information on the game and figured since there was already a thread, it would be best just to revive it instead of making a new one.

How The "Game" In Extreme Escape Adventure Works | Siliconera
Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die Had Many, Many Different Titles | Siliconera

It's slated for a February 16, 2012 release in Japan. No word on if it's being localized yet, as far as I can find.

Read the character descriptions at your own discretion, they do have spoilers.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Game Mechanics said:
Here’s how the Ambidex Game works. Each player has a bangle attached to them and BP (presumably bangle points) increase and decrease.
Only when your BP reaches nine you can escape, but if it reaches zero or lower you die. Just like Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors players travel in groups, pairs to be specific, and the twist is you can betray each other.
Before a game begins players enter their bangle in a computer and select either "cooperate" or "betray" without their partner knowing. If both players select cooperate they each get two BP. If they both select betray nothing happens to their BP.
If one person picks betray and the other decides to cooperate, the betrayed player loses two BP and the traitor gets three BP.

How does the AB game work? It’s explained here in this article, but here it is again. Each player in the game has a bangle attached to them, with BP, which presumably stands for bangle (or bracelet) points. Like in 999, you travel in pairs, and can cooperate with or betray your partner.

AB rooms have a voting machine set up within them, and each pair of participants must make a choice within a time limit. Do you “cooperate” or “betray”? Each choice you choose unlocks a different scenario and, depending on different situations, you’ll see different stories unfold. The key is to get more than 9BP so you can open the door to escape. On the other hand, if your points fall below 0, you’ll get injected with poison from your bangle and die.

The different combinations like this: (The point changes affect both players.)

- If you choose to cooperate and the opponent chooses to cooperate, +2BP.
- If you choose to cooperate and the opponent chooses to betray, -2BP.
- If you choose to betray and the opponent chooses to cooperate, +3BP.
- If you choose to betray and the opponent chooses to betray, -0BP.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

tumblr_ltqa2xSuU91r37h7ao1_500.jpg

Famitsu scan apparently

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Awesome! Can't wait for it. Looks really good. Female Santa FtW. Also we might have a prequel of some sort? Alice and all.
The girl with pink hair is confirmed to have played the game twice, so it's Clover. This game follows 9.9.9 but is said to be taken as a stand alone game, with some references to the original.

ALSO, the site is now open.

????ADV ???????

And there's more character profiles.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back