• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Good or Bad?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokepotterkhkids

Website
www.freewebs.com
All my life, I’ve been emotionally abused. People of all sorts seem to find it enjoyable to make me think they’re my friends, then stab me in the back. And most of the time, it’s only to me. I’ve always had trust in people, and hope that I’ll find someone who won’t break me into pieces for the enjoyment of it, but nearly everytime I put my trust in someone, they wait till I trust them enough to really break me if they hurt me, then throw my trust back in my face. It’s really taking a toll on me… for the worse. Is It good or bad to keep on trusting people?

Josiah

Quarian Power!
In a sense, I'd say it's somewhat good that you are a trusting person. I somewhat envy you. =P
But on the same token, I think it's smart to be a little weary of those who could possibly betray your trust (BTW that is the WORST thing you could do to someone. Just thinking about it is making my blood boil...).

I think, towards people who you aren't sure about, you should open up to them little by little. Not just throwing all of your trust on a person so quickly. Unless of course, they prove themselves in that department but otherwise, this is about YOUR feelings and emotions. I'd drop all those who pose a threat in breaking your trust... people like that aren't true friends and who needs phony ones?Like seriously. =\

I hope I've helped in some way, or atleast given you a boost of confidence or anything! Feel free to PM me if you've got more to say. ^.^

pokepotterkhkids

Website
www.freewebs.com
Well, I've always done that, ever since i was 8 and my cousin died. He was the only one I could open up to back then.

I trust a person in the beginning, but only a little, and then i slowly open up to them more and more, as they 'prove themselves' i trust them more and more, and then, when it gets enough to break me, they sieze the chance. I have a great example:

Lexus Owens is 13 years old atm. She'll be 14 in September. She looks alot like me, only I'm skinny. I met her when I was just barely 11 years old, 2 1/2 years ago. We were on the bus, and my best friend, Justin, wasn't there that day, he'd been picked up early by Mike, his social worker.

Justin was a sweet guy; He’d been my best friend since the day he arrived at the school, and he was a foster child, and barely knew his family. Justin, our friend Mason, and I had always been tight. Me and Mason were like Justin’s only real family, because he switched foster homes so much, we were pretty much the only ones always there for him. While Mason was the more down-to-earth one back in those days, Justin had loved to laugh, and make others laugh. He’s a lot like the kid in Indiana Jones. He acts the same, looks the same, and talks the same way. While Mason could take care of himself, I was weak. I was 8 ½ when I met Justin, and was mourning over the loss of my cousin just a month before. Justin had a sense of Chivarly to him. He was always protective of me. He held me when I got sad, and could always pull me out of any bad moods or chase away any negative emotions. Justin didn’t want anything to ever happen to me, and still doesn’t to this day. I never would have been hurt if Justin had been there on the bus that day. He knew the way people treated me, and it always took a long time for him to trust people with me, he even had trouble with the teachers that I liked to hang out with. If he were on the bus that day, I never would have met Lexus Owens, and I never would have broken as badly as I am now.

I sat and talked to Ana, a girl that I knew, but only through another friend. I wanted to get to know her a bit better. So, as I talked, the new girl whose name I didn’t know listened, and when I mentioned Final Fantasy X, she finally spoke. “My step-dad has Final Fantasy X-2” she said. I smiled. “That was the first Final Fantasy game I ever played.” I told her.

I smiled and went into my own reverie. I had fought with my mom and dad for 2 months about playing a final fantasy game. I got the kingdom hearts 2 ultimate guide book in march, my dad got it for me to shut me up for another month until I could get the game for my birthday. I’d noticed Final Fantasy kept on coming up in the character book, and wanted to play a game. After a few fights about me playing a T rated game I won, because I’d thrown it out to my mom that she let my 7 year old brother play Halo, which was rated M, and that it was unfair to let him play that, but not let me, 11 years old, play a t rated game. My dad and I went to the Hollywood Video and rented the only final fantasy game there, Final Fantasy X-2.

I started off barely talking to lexus, only on the bus. And then one morning, a year and a half after I met her, we started a tradition of walking around outside, aimlessly, talking about ourselves. She learned every secret of mine, and last year, when Justin moved, and I fell into a depression, she took the chanse to sneak the secrets I never told her out of my childhood friend, parker, and break me into gazillions of tiny pieces. I let my trust in her build up slowly, when I shouldn’t have let it at all.

Now that Justin was gone, David and Danny started picking up the pieces of me and assembling them back together, along with some help from Parker. Justin always tells me that he had a bad feeling about Lexus, he said it even before we started walking together. He hates her. Parker, the shy one, and the one who doent want to be mean, cant drop either of us. Shes too kind. Danny, I know somehow, despised Lexus, but never really lets it show. David, he kept me away from her, kept me laughing and smiling, even when I didn’t want to, and started to help me search for my heart, it’d been lost in all the pain. He found it for me, and I gave it to him, and now, he’s in Virginia, and I’m stuck in California.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you. *internet hug* It really is a pain when you confide in someone and they open their big mouths and let spill what you revealed to them about yourself. I'd know from experience. You aren't alone.

I think the best thing to do is to try and forget about the ones that hurt you, and move on, as hard as that may sound. And I know that you've been hurt alot in the past, like you've said. It's really your true friends who are always there that lift you out of the dark ages. They are there to befriend you, look out for you, and give you advice. It's always good to take into consideration what they tell you because ultimately, they have your best interests at heart. It seems like these guys really care about you. =\

pokepotterkhkids

Website
www.freewebs.com
Yeah. Danny will never let it show though. Of course, I do know he sliped up once or twice. The first, Lexus was on the bus and I was sitting next to him, and had my ipod on, blastin Hawthorne Heights (just because i knew it would bug Danny) and so I couldnt hear anything. But the next thing I knew, he was so pissed off, and he was attacking eher, and I know she was sating stuff about me. Andthen there was the day that Danny came to school, and Lexus was gone, and when she came back the next day, she had some pretty bad bruises. (He lives next door to her, huch to his dismay)

Justin, he's just so great, David was his best friend, and when I started crusing on him, Justin had some problems with David, because he'd only known David for like 3 months, and didn't know if he would hurt me, but once David started taking care of me, Justin backed off.

David is alot like Danny, won't let his emotions show. But, he always seems to be in a bad mood when I am, if anythings wrong with me, he kinda... Like if I sprain my ankle, David is the one who either tells everyone to back off, because i cant race anyomore, or stays at the same pace as me. If I'm in a bad mood, he's in a bad mood. If I'm upset, he's upset. If I'm happy, then he's happy. He's a really good guy, despite some of the things others say or think about him. or the... influences he'd left me with. *grin*

Q

Banned
Yeah, that sorta happened to me too, once with a kid who I thought was a really good friend of mine =/

The lesson? Don't put your trust in anyone.

CtR

You need to avoid trusting people, even a little, right off the bat. You need to have people earn your trust.

QFT

Trust isn't something you should give just like that, it has to be earned.

Sadly there are people who will hurt you in life, I wont sugarcoat that, but that doesn't mean trust itself is a bad thing. You just need to learn to be more careful with it.

Awards
totally unnecessary rant that I doubt anybody actually bothered to read

This is exactly the sort of thing that I was talking about earlier, and a pretty decent example of why a majority of the forum can't stand you.

Oh well, at least you managed to do it in the right thread this time.

You want my advice?

Get over it. Stop acting like people are going out of their way to abuse you.

You are talking about a 'betrayal' that occurred when you were eleven years old. I don't know exactly what secrets your friend leaked, but I don't doubt for a second that it was all a bunch of stupid bullshit that only a teenybopper could find significant.

Why are you blaming Lexus for Parker's inability to keep his mouth shut? If he's the one that told her all of your remaining secrets, isn't he the one you ought to feel betrayed by?

You're thirteen and you've already decided that you can't trust anybody for fear of getting hurt?

You are so insufferably retarded, I'd probably feel sorry for you if I didn't want you to get hit by a bus.

pokepotterkhkids

Website
www.freewebs.com
SOS. - Did I really say that before? Where is that quote coming from?
Is it completely neccisary for you to insult or pick on me. It's getiing quite tiring. Can't you go find some newbie or something to pick on for once? You can say all you want about me, I'll just ignore you. It's my personal opinion that only someone completely insecure would spend all their time picking on someone they don't even know over the internet. Awww. Did you have a bad childhood? Mommy and Daddy hit you? Well, i'm sorry. Not. you're just proving that you are as immature as both Lexus and what you say of me by picking on me endlessly.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Just dont give out your trust so easily. When you have a relationship give it time and for you i would say give it more time than you normally do before you star trusting someone. If you have so many friends stabbing you in the back go online and have friends cause those people you dont have to trust at all.

Awards
SOS. - Did I really say that before? Where is that quote coming from?
Is it completely neccisary for you to insult or pick on me. It's getiing quite tiring. Can't you go find some newbie or something to pick on for once? You can say all you want about me, I'll just ignore you. It's my personal opinion that only someone completely insecure would spend all their time picking on someone they don't even know over the internet. Awww. Did you have a bad childhood? Mommy and Daddy hit you? Well, i'm sorry. Not. you're just proving that you are as immature as both Lexus and what you say of me by picking on me endlessly.

I'm amazed that you're actually talking about somebody besides yourself for a change.

Nope, it's not conceivable that you really are acting like an immature, over-dramatizing brat. The only reason that I and so many other people have decided that we think you are an obnoxious twit is because my parents beat me when I was a child. Brilliant deduction, you ought to become a detective.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I'm amazed that you're actually talking about somebody besides yourself for a change.

Nope, it's not conceivable that you really are acting like an immature, over-dramatizing brat. The only reason that I and so many other people have decided that we think you are an obnoxious twit is because my parents beat me when I was a child. Brilliant deduction, you ought to become a detective.

It's elementary, my dear Watson?

pokepotterkhkids

Website
www.freewebs.com
Just dont give out your trust so easily. When you have a relationship give it time and for you i would say give it more time than you normally do before you star trusting someone. If you have so many friends stabbing you in the back go online and have friends cause those people you dont have to trust at all.

yeah.. thx

i never said that they did, just trying to figure out why the hell ur so insecure

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Son of Sam, just stop antagonizing pokepotterkhkids. That's rather immature. She made this about trust issues. let's just keep it on topic.

Awards
Son of Sam, just stop antagonizing pokepotterkhkids. That's rather immature. She made this about trust issues. let's just keep it on topic.

My original reply was very on topic; she is too young to even talk about having trust issues. She needs to go watch some cartoons or play with dolls, or do whatever it is that thirteen-year-old girls are supposed to be doing.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Well, girls do tend to go behind their friend's backs, which could be why she's having trust issues. Girls do that, even at age 5. People post in this section for HELP & SUPPORT. That's why she posted here. So try not to poke fun at her with her problems.

Awards
I'm not poking fun at her for her problems, but rather for the fact that she seems to bring them all upon herself.

If she acts the same way in real life as she does on these forums, I can't say that I blame her friends for taking pleasure in her misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back