• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Good Battle Level to Fight Vanitas Lingering Sentiment

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

I beat BBS on proud mode for all three TAV and have beaten the Final Episode.

What would be an all-around good level to confront Vanitas Lingering Sentiment without getting your arse kicked?

Also, is there a verifiable strategy besides the Rock one that I've heard about a lot?

IIRC, my characters' levels are something like this:

Ventus: 36
Aqua: 34
Terra: 32

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The level normally doesn't mean much as long as it's over 50, so yours are still a bit low for that boss.

The "Rock"-strategy isn't actually a real strategy but cheating by abusing an error in the AI of the opponent.

If you want to fight him "fair" there's one piece of advice that applies to all three characters: AVOID all cure spells, the Remnant can copy them and use them himself.
If you need to heal, use Hi-Potions, Mega-Potions or Faith when using Ven (NOT Salvation, it takes too long).

Second Chance and Once More are must have abilities cuz most of his attacks are so strong they can kill you with one hit.
Shotlocks are useless against him as he can block them all, don't waste time with them.
Dodging often is also imperative as some of his moves are unblockable.

Further tips then depend on which character you use.

For Terra, who is arguably the hardest to use against both secret bosses due to his low speed, the best bet are the commands Mine Shield and Aerial Slam.
Aqua can also make use of Aerial Slam, but she has some more options avaiable to her like her exclusive Seeker Mine or Barrier Surge.

Ventus is practically the easiest to defeat him with if you know to use Tornado, as two uses of Tornado if aimed right will bring the Remnant down to 1 HP, requiring only one follow up normal Keyblade hit to end the battle.

Veritas7340

Thanks Sephiroth!

Would I have a decent chance of success by trying those strategies with my characters as they are now, or should I just crank out the level-ups in the Mirage Arena and other worlds?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Your chance of success lies mainly in how good you are at dodging and luring the enemy into your mines as well as timing the Aerial Slam (if you use Terra or Aqua).

Vanitas' Remnant has ridiculously high attack power and defense, so your actual stats mean relatively little, as long as you have second chance and once more, you can even try it at the current levels.

The move you need to watch out for the most are his shadow clones. Sometimes he surrounds himself with a dark Reflect spell and then launches shadow clones at you (each one deals enough damage to kill you if you have not once more and second chance).
The only thing you can do is dodge repeatedly until it's over since the attack cannot be interrupted once started.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Other than not using Cure and stocking up on recovery items, do NOT equip the offensive versions of your dodge commands (Sonic Rush or whatever the name is, Thunder Roll, or Firewheel). They have shorter invisibility frames than the normal versions and you certainly don't want that. VLS attacks very relentlessly you'll find yourself mashing the square button until it's half broken.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
one thing when playing as Terra that you have to watch out for is that when he does the black orb clone attack, use a long lasting Shotlock like Sonic shadow to keep yourself alive. and be ready to do so at the start of the fight because that's how he starts the battle.

Veritas7340

I almost defeated VS with Ven, got his health down to below 1/3. The problem is that I can use the Tornado attack successfully once. The second time though: despite the fact that Vanitas goes up in the air after running over a mine, somehow he teleports away once I do Tornado...... Why??

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I haven't tried to defeat Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment with either Ventus or Terra yet. When I fought him as Aqua at level 50, I was cheap and use almost nothing but Seeker Mines and the occasional standard keyblade attack. Took me several tries, mind you, but it was manageable enough. I suggest leveling up your characters to at least level 50 and getting all of the Attack and Magic Hastes as well as additional HP if possible. Just keep dodging while the Seeker Mines do their job as Aqua and you'll do fine.

Ventus is the fastest of the three, so if you decide to forgo Tornado, just set up some mines and dodge like your life depends on it. FOr Terra, do the same with.

Also, get used to constantly dodging attacks from him. Believe me when I say that the next secret boss is a thousand times worse...

Veritas7340

Thanks Kuraudo.

I gotta say, even though the boss looks cool, I really don't like the boss because it's not fun.

I love bosses that require great strategy but you still have the ability to exchange blows. That's what makes it epic and enjoyable, at least for me anyway.

With Vanitas Sentiment, you are forced to run around leaving mines until it kills him...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I almost defeated VS with Ven, got his health down to below 1/3. The problem is that I can use the Tornado attack successfully once. The second time though: despite the fact that Vanitas goes up in the air after running over a mine, somehow he teleports away once I do Tornado...... Why??

It's actually random.
The Remnant has a chance to counter every attack with the Teleport+Ice strike. Sometimes he counters after a mine hit, sometimes he doesn't.
Once he's trapped in the Tornado though he shouldn't be able to counter until the attack wears off.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Thanks Kuraudo.

I gotta say, even though the boss looks cool, I really don't like the boss because it's not fun.

I love bosses that require great strategy but you still have the ability to exchange blows. That's what makes it epic and enjoyable, at least for me anyway.

With Vanitas Sentiment, you are forced to run around leaving mines until it kills him...

This is exactly why I loved the super bosses in Kingdom Hearts I. Yes, they were hard, but they were FAIR as well (even Xemnas who had that annoying OHKO if you selected the wrong command).

It's actually random.
The Remnant has a chance to counter every attack with the Teleport+Ice strike. Sometimes he counters after a mine hit, sometimes he doesn't.
Once he's trapped in the Tornado though he shouldn't be able to counter until the attack wears off.

I remember he did that to me a couple of times before I was able to beat him. It's something to keep in mind next time I pick up Birth by Sleep (either on the PSP in preparation for II.5 or perhaps on II.5 itself).

Veritas7340

Phantom and Kurt Zisa were the best! It took me a while way back then to beat them but each time it didn't seem unfairly cheap when they beat me. If the Ice Titan and the Sepiroths count as secret bosses, the same applies to them. I thoroughouly enjoyed all of these classic secret bosses. Plus, you actually get to attack them, never thought that would become a rarity in secret KH bosses xD

Samcrux

Beaten all stories of TAV in Critical Mode. Aerial Slam works best as I-frames can be gained as long as dodged as perfectly timed. Equip a slot of Mega Potions and a slot of Hi Potions. The rest are Aerial Slam

Terra: Level 55
Ventus: Level 60
Aqua: Level 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back