• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Going to a friends house

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Would it be considered rude to ask a friend who you'd consider a "good" friend if you could come over their house and hang out? This has nothing to do with my friends moral compass because I'm sure they have no issue with it, but it has more to do with my morals and I'm not so sure how I feel about it. One part of me is like "Yeah, they're your good friend they won't mind!" but the other part of me is like "Yeah but then you can make them feel trapped because they don't want to be rude by saying no!" I'm torn. Opinions?

(This is a question for friends in general, not just the specific friend I'm posting about.)

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
well Lea, in my opinion it's not rude as long as you say it nicely instead of saying it straight out. if he say no, it okay. try suggesting a pattern: say one time at your place and the other at his. that way you two can have fun, without feeling guilty.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I don't see why it'd be a bad thing.

Just ask them if they are around to hang out for a bit.

If not. Okay.

If yes. Cool.

Surely it's simple isn't it?

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, friends do typically hang out, I don't see the problem.

If they don't want to hang out at their place there are a host of other places ya'll could chill at.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Our culture is probably different, but in my hometown, it's okay to do so. Well, asking directly like that ("Could I come over?") comes off as a bit too strong, but it's usually acceptable. We normally ask in a gentler way, more like asking for permission ("Would it be okay if...?") or through allusion ("You know, probably it'd be great if...") and see if the friend catches the drift. But once again, it depends on the culture, I guess, and I'd say it's okay to ask so.

Just as the others had said, if yes, it's all fine and dandy. If no, you can always find someplace else to hang out.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
My parents basically raised me not to do this and I had it beaten into me. So I'm personally a little cautious doing it and end it with something letting them know it's cool if we can't hang out or anything.

So yeah, nothing rude about it. It's just a simple question.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I feel like this too, a lot. But, if I need to leave the house and be in someone's company, I usually just say, "Hey, I need to get out of the house, do you wanna hang out or something?" and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back