• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

going into KH3, who is a greater keyblade warrior between Sora, Riku and Mickey

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxycian

Awards
between those 3 i guess mickey mainly cause his a keyblade master with lots of experience more then sora and riku and he has OP spells like stopza which i don't think you can break unless you're master of time control like xehanort

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Based on all of the new abilities Sora has(Keyblade transformations especially) I'd say it's him. If not now then he will be by the end of KH3.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
This question is basically impossible to answer and honestly depends on what metric you are going by. When you say "greater warrior" are we judging by strength stat, overall utility, experience, accomplishments, most reliable, most people saved? All of these at once? Or is the suggestion that we are dumping them all death cage match style into an arena to duke it out and see who would win?

I mean...not only is that is a lot of subjective stuff to wallow through, but some of the characters (Mickey in particular) I feel like we haven't really been able to see their full potential.

That being said, while this is entirely the realm of opinions, I am going to look at the straight up facts as much as possible.

Going into KH3, Sora has been significantly weakened thanks to McBaldy and the Raincoat Gang, and the game straight up has already said he is operating at the start at a significant disadvantage. This is why he is going to Olympus first, to unlock his hidden potential. Apparently Riku has already unlocked his, so just from that basic fact we could, presumably assume, that Riku would likely win in a straight up death match if we dumped the two characters in a room together as they are at the start of KH3.

I have no clue with Mickey. Honestly. BUT I don't know if Mickey was ever mentioned to have some "hidden potential" to unlock, or if he already has (someone correct me if I missed them mentioning that at some point) so again, I am assuming this would put Riku at the top of the three initially.

That being said we have no idea what Sora's journey is going to look like, but I assume he is going to unlock that power of his fairly early on and then be working on mastering it throughout the course of the game. Sora, also has massive massive untapped potential in that almost operates outside of the realm of what has been "written" in the books. He was never meant to have a Keyblade, yet he does. He has an uncanny ability to connect to everyone, and his strength is drawn from a source outside of himself (his friendships), so who knows exactly where that can take him. There isn't a "cap" to his ability, as far as we have seen.

The start of the game it is pretty clear that Sora is, ability wise, at a disadvantage. But that is mainly for plot! reasons. Once he gets his strength back, I would argue that, by virtue of his "strength" coming from the very same source that is a major theme of the game, there is no way he won't be a viable contender for "best" (whatever that means).

While Riku I think will always win if you are just comparing their raw attack stats, Sora is in my mind definitely the most persistent, and will have the most varied ability set. Sometimes pure determination can win out against strength, after all.

Again with Mickey I straight up have no idea.

Riku is supposed to be the naturally gifted one while Sora is the little underdog who really shouldn't win in a straight up fight, but definitely has on multiple occasions. This sort of match up is going to go either way depending on the situation the two are combating each other.

That's how I see it, anyway.

It will be more interesting to compare the sets of wielders AFTER KH3 (or slightly after the opening of 3 once Sora gets up to par again) because, like I said, going into 3 we already know that Sora is at a disadvantage. He basically got reset to level 1 so this question already is kind of unfair.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Mickey. Keyblade Master with 10+ years of experience and a Keyblade with at least a [Legendary] icon next to its name.

Enturax

Awards
Sora, obviously. What did Mickey do? "His" biggest fights were fought by Aqua and Sora while he was merely helping.

As for Riku - the plot would never allow him to beat Sora unless Nomura'd want to kill him, like:

Riku - "I have to sacrifice myself!"
Sora - "I won't allow it...! Bleh..." K.O'd
Riku - "Sorry, Sora but #ThugLife YOLOOOOOO" ded

EDIT: feeling the cringe yet?

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Looking at what we know so far, Mickey is powerful but he couldn't save Aqua, he couldn't save Ventus, he never tried to save Terra, he couldn't close the door to darkness on his own, he couldn't find Ansem's secrets, he couldn't save Ansem, so all we've really seen from Mickey is a string of failures.

Riku is definitely up there in terms of strength, he repeatedly beat Sora in combat until he started succumbing to darkness and once he gained control of his destiny he was strong until he fought Roxas. He had to give in to his darkness to beat Roxas but once it was thrown back in check thanks to Ansem's device, Riku had a huge boost in potential. Not to mention Sora may not have been able to defeat Xemnas if it wasn't for Riku and would have been captured by Xehanort (another loss you can chalk up on Mickey's board if it wasn't for Lea showing up at last second). Sure he was named master, but...

Sora, sure you can consider it Square's excuse to start you over from level 1, but Sora has constantly had his power taken away and regained it journey after journey, his power is persistent and will always come back. Sora has been able to dual wield, fly, pull a keyblade out of nowhere, be turned into a heartless and brought back, lose all of his memories and have them pieced together, and look at the sheer number of enemies (boss level heartless, nobodies, and misc) that he has defeated in his wake. From the beginning Sora has been the key and because he is that key he will always be the strongest character in the series.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Okay, I kinda decided not to take this thread too seriously, but...

What we've seen from Mickey is mostly inaction due to him not being the main character nor a secondary one (not a PROMINENT secondary character at the very least), rather than failure.
He seldom "failed" and when he did he was either fighting the strongest Keyblade Master ever (and possibly Vanitas too) when he was an apprentice, and around the same time he went against the most powerful blade ever. Alongside an ally and without defeating it himself, sure, but I'd say not being done in two swipes was already worthy of praise.
Buuut that's as much as I want to get into KH feats, I know where that road leads. Mickey didn't do actual stuff to prove his worth, but his toughness is kinda implied through the way he's been treated so far. Theoretically he can get all up in Xaldin and Armor Xemnas turf and handle them no problem.

Really, I think the existance of passwords managed to deal the closest to actual damage to him rather than the baddies.
And nobody can close the Door to Darkness by themselves, that was kinda the whole point. Mickey was as necessary to Sora as Sora was to him.

Now, between Sora and Riku is a debate that could go on for the next ten years. I'd go with a Nomuranian answer and say that whichever is your favourite in your heart is the strongest.
But Imma say Riku personally. Dude went through Sora's ordeals plus more.

sephydark

Awards
With Mickey, he's been pretty distant from the action and isn't onscreen much in the series so it's a little difficult to say exactly how strong he is. However, given that he has been a Keyblade Master for much longer than either Sora or Riku and that he's done a few things that suggest he has considerable power, I think that he's probably the best of the three by a good bit.

As for Sora and Riku, well obviously directly between DDD and KH3 Riku is going to be stronger since Sora's been depowered again, but ignoring that I'd say they're pretty much evenly matched and which one is better depends a lot on the situation they're in when we're comparing them. Riku has his affinity to darkness and ability to utilize it without being consumed by it, which is amazing but not universally applicable since he doesn't seem to want to use it too heavily; I suspect that in a one-on-one fight Riku would come out on top. Sora, on the other hand, keeps defying expectations/the standard order of things (great if you're facing a schemer like Xehanort) and also is really very compassionate and effective at getting other people to help him out, which could make him more effective at dealing with a lot of real-world obstacles.

Swing

Awards
It kinda has to be Mickey, but since KH is a JRPG, they kinda have to make either Sora or Riku the better Keyblade master. It kinda depends who is more popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back