• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

going down swinging

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subtly Inspiring
Okay so, fun story time but not really. My occupation allows me (nay-- forces me) to travel quite a bit but my work is very dirty and dangerous, so I don't get to bring my camera along with me. However, thanks to social media I can quickly take photos and share them with Instagram. I'm not saying these are anything special, or that Instagram is at all a replacement for good old fashioned digital editing using Lightroom and Photoshop, but for me it just happens to be the only way I can catch some of the beautiful things I get to see pretty much daily. Again, I work a pretty ugly and messy job, and a lot of people probably don't think too much of this kind of work, but I like to think that a nice trade-off is being able to see every sunrise and every sunset from about 18 stories up in all kinds of weather. Enjoy!

(this obviously does not apply to the photos that aren't part of a giant collage. Those are taken with a Canon EOS 60D)

8040764820_679295aaff_c.jpg

7672870120_446e54058b_z.jpg

7672862658_43b65c9097_z.jpg

7677466720_8d86e4787d_z.jpg

7686863896_81a7052d8b_z.jpg

7686866864_b46bd6d949_z.jpg

7986592945_503cc99787_z.jpg

wTdpC.jpg

3WuwN.jpg

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Wow, I can't believe no one has commented on this yet.
The second and seventh shot, are my favorites.

From the collage you did, I really love the one you took of the city and the men hard at work!

kawaiiluu

Omg these are so good!

What was used to take them?
Some look like they were maybe film or PSed?
I would love to know what camera was used to take them and the glass and/or filters that were used too!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I really like the photo of the bus, and its probably my favorite out of all of them. You take fantastic pictures, and the photos of the flag, and buildings were really impressive. I'm curious how high up you have to be to take such pictures, or how much distance you have to put between yourself and the object to take them.

Subtly Inspiring
Omg these are so good!

What was used to take them?
Some look like they were maybe film or PSed?
I would love to know what camera was used to take them and the glass and/or filters that were used too!

straight up, all the photos in the collage were taken with a smartphone and filtered through instagram because taking my actual camera to work is pretty much the worst idea ever
all of the other photos are taken with a canon EOS 60D and a 50mm f/1.8 lens

I really like the photo of the bus, and its probably my favorite out of all of them. You take fantastic pictures, and the photos of the flag, and buildings were really impressive. I'm curious how high up you have to be to take such pictures, or how much distance you have to put between yourself and the object to take them.

Thank you! for the skyline shots, i'm usually anywhere from 13-30 stories high. you can get a lot of good shots when you're that high up without any walls put up yet :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back