• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Godzilla series - [symphonic hymning intensifies]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Re: Godzilla series

The trailer was so amazing. Hopefully it will be just as good as the 1998 one.

Uh...

If this film blows I will be kind of upset.

I honestly don't think it's very difficult to make a Godzilla movie fans will like. All the pieces are in place as is. If this is anything like the first film, should be cool beans.

I will too, honestly. I've really come to love the original 1954 film and it's not that hard to make a decent Godzilla film. But yeah, I'm pretty optimistic about this one.

One would think it would be hard to mess up a monster movie. Can't get simpler than this.

Tell that to Roland Emmerich.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

The trailer was so amazing. Hopefully it will be just as good as the 1998 one.

I thought the 1998 one was good to an extent, but if the 2014 version ends up like that mess of a film I'd be pretty disappointed.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I thought the 1998 one was good to an extent, but if the 2014 version ends up like that mess of a film I'd be pretty disappointed.

Really? I thought the 1998 one was diddlying amazing. It was such a great monster movie.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Really? I thought the 1998 one was diddlying amazing. It was such a great monster movie.

most godzilla fans hate that movie lol

the only reason anyone has forgiven it is because the animated series based off it was actually decent

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

the only reason anyone has forgiven it is because the animated series based off it was actually decent

There was a cartoon based off of the film?

Anyway, I never got the hate for the film. I thought it was really fun with a great cast of likeable characters and a great looking Godzilla. Plus we got Godzilla babies, how cool was that?

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Ah, I remember that series. Good times. Too bad it didn't last long.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

I'll admit I liked the 1998 film when it came out because I was 7 and it was a giant monster named Godzilla stomping around causing destruction. Years later it became apparent how bad it actually was, the biggest way being it's major departures from the original Godzilla, and to this day is a prime example of Hollywood cluelessness in adapting a foreign work.

Heck, that film was so ill-received that Toho stripped the "God" part from that iteration's name, and "Zilla" only appeared in Godzilla: Final Wars so the original could kick its ass in 10 seconds.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I'll admit I liked the 1998 film when it came out because I was 7 and it was a giant monster named Godzilla stomping around causing destruction. Years later it became apparent how bad it actually was, the biggest way being it's major departures from the original Godzilla, and to this day is a prime example of Hollywood cluelessness in adapting a foreign work.

Heck, that film was so ill-received that Toho stripped the "God" part from that iteration's name, and "Zilla" only appeared in Godzilla: Final Wars so the original could kick its ass in 10 seconds.

The sad thing is Zilla's appearance in Final wars is still more respectable then hedorah's blink and you'll miss it cameo.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Personally I also enjoyed the 98 movie as a boy but then again I enjoyed EVERY godzilla movie as a boy. I didn't find it horrible though watching it now is honestly a bit difficult.

Theart

Awards

Personally I also enjoyed the 98 movie as a boy but then again I enjoyed EVERY godzilla movie as a boy. I didn't find it horrible though watching it now is honestly a bit difficult.

I liked it as a kid too, but I always preferred watching the English dub of Godzilla 2000 that my family had on DVD. I ended up re-watching the 98 film a few years later when I was in middle school and I was surprised at how bad of a film I found it to be.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I liked it as a kid too, but I always preferred watching the English dub of Godzilla 2000 that my family had on DVD. I ended up re-watching the 98 film a few years later when I was in middle school and I was surprised at how bad of a film I found it to be.

haha I preferred pretty much any older godzilla movie even though I didn't mind the 98 one at the time. Never really had a favorite among the older ones though.

Theart

Awards

haha I preferred pretty much any older godzilla movie even though I didn't mind the 98 one at the time. Never really had a favorite among the older ones though.

That was really the only other Godzilla film I got to watch as a kid. My favorite nowadays though is definitely the original 1954 film. That is an absolute masterpiece of horror film-making.

Gram

Banned
Awards

That was really the only other Godzilla film I got to watch as a kid. My favorite nowadays though is definitely the original 1954 film. That is an absolute masterpiece of horror film-making.

I had one or two of the later color films on VHS. Most of my godzilla viewing was on my grandpa's directTV satellite. xD
Oh damn it's been forever since I last seen the original. *o*

Theart

Awards

I had one or two of the later color films on VHS. Most of my godzilla viewing was on my grandpa's directTV satellite. xD
Oh damn it's been forever since I last seen the original. *o*

I picked the original up recently on DVD. It's the Criterion Collection edition. As Monty Python would put it, "It's uh- VERY nice."

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

[video=youtube;BkNeGDNhYZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BkNeGDNhYZo[/video]

Well what can I say....

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

[video=youtube;IC3Mi9vOb_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC3Mi9vOb_8#t=38[/video]

New trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back