• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

God's Kingdom

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
What do you believe God's Kingdom to be? In Matthew 6:9,10, Jesus teaches his followers to pray. In that prayer it says,"...Let your kingdom come."

Millions of "christians" recite this prayer verbatim, but do not clearly understand what it means. Some churches teach it is in your heart while others have different beliefs.

Daniel 2:44-And in the days of those kings the god of heaven set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. The kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms and it itself will stand to times indefinite.Analysis

Simply put. God will set up a kingdom/government (ruled by his selected king, Jesus Christ Daniel 7:13,14-I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin.) during the days of our governments. I believe that kingdom is established right now in heaven. This heavenly government will destroy all the nations governments and will never be conquered. It will last forever!

So, this is what the Bible says about the kingdom. Jesus also gave a prophesy regarding this kingdom. Matthew 24:14- And this good new of the kingdom will be preached throughout all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations and THEN the end will come.

Analysis

News about the heavenly kingdom will be told to people world wide. (Is there a group that comes to your mind that is fulfilling this prohphesy? Only one?) After everyone hears of it, or to God's satisfaction, the end of the world as it is now will be at hand.

Please. What are your thoughts?

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
lol the craziest thing, i was going to do a post just like this xDDDD

a lot of people just think its an idea, or in their heart... the Bible says otherwise

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
Exactly. A question people have been asking God believers is, "If God was real, why does he permit suffering?"

To anwer simply. I have a favorite illustration that I like to use from one of our publications. "Say a well qualified teacher was answering a question from one teacher. Then, another student, a rebelious one says that the teacher's way of teaching and his answer was wrong. What would the teacher do in this situation? Well this corresponds to Satan (rebelious student) questioning God's soverenty and right to rule mankind.) The teacher gives the student a chance to prove his way of answering the question. Now, ofcourse his way isn't going to be the best way. He is nether qualified nor has the authority to teach. Yet the fair teacher gives him the opportunity. Notice that it is not just the first student asking the question, the teacher or just the rebelious student involved, it is also everyone else. (Angels and the rest of mankind).

Would the teacher interupt the student in his trying to prove his case? No. No doubt time is allowed when proving something. So far, as Smooth had commented, mankind has tried several types of governments that ALL prove to fail. None can give true peace or unity. None can prevent the problems of pestilences, sickness, food shortages or even death!

A fair teacher would neither help the rebelious student out to present his case, therefore the True God isn't going to help people in a way to give them the idea to think that mankind can live without God's guidance. Sure, some of you may live in comfort and be worry free, but these are the last days and the end of this world as we know it is close at hand. This, my fellows, is a fact. God WILL intervene in his due time. Will you be ready?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
lol, has human rule ever worked? God's Kingdom under the perfect rule of the King Jesus would work. Thats why all this time is given to show that man cant rule himself well.

1. Monarchy was invented by mankind, dood.
2. I dunno, Rome was doing a pretty swell job at it. Some of the Greek cities, too.
3. Way to have faith in your own species.

Also, a Republic is a state not let by hereditary monarchy where the people who compose that state has at least a measure of power. Seeing as how God can't die, I don't see why you favor the term God's Kingdom over God's Republic.

To anwer simply. I have a favorite illustration that I like to use from one of our publications. "Say a well qualified teacher was answering a question from one teacher. Then, another student, a rebelious one says that the teacher's way of teaching and his answer was wrong. What would the teacher do in this situation? Well this corresponds to Satan (rebelious student) questioning God's soverenty and right to rule mankind.) The teacher gives the student a chance to prove his way of answering the question. Now, ofcourse his way isn't going to be the best way. He is nether qualified nor has the authority to teach. Yet the fair teacher gives him the opportunity. Notice that it is not just the first student asking the question, the teacher or just the rebelious student involved, it is also everyone else. (Angels and the rest of mankind).

See, the problem with the analogies you guys come up with is that you always compare something painless and short to things which involve torture, injustice and death.

Furthermore, you're treating humans in your example like mere objects. You might as well pose the question "If god was real, why does he permit his possessions to take damage?", because that's what it's communicating. Why? Because, in your example at least, this is all to prove a point between 2 superior beings (God and Satan) over who has the right to own what.

A teacher would say "Believe what you will, but I'm not letting you use my students as an experiment to prove a point. It'll affect their education, they might flunk and it'll gain no one anything".

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
2. I dunno, Rome was doing a pretty swell job at it. Some of the Greek cities, too.
1. Not quite, it's called divine right for a reason.
2. Let's not forget that the Roman emperor could arrest and even execute anyone he wanted for no reason, and did so quite often, the average life expectantcy was about 40, women had no rights to speak of, and the ever so popular slave trade. Yes, the ancient world was a wonderful place.
3. I put my faith in people who know what they're doing.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
1. Not quite, it's called divine right for a reason.

and what reason be this?

2. Let's not forget that the Roman emperor could arrest and even execute anyone he wanted for no reason, and did so quite often, the average life expectantcy was about 40, women had no rights to speak of, and the ever so popular slave trade. Yes, the ancient world was a wonderful place.

You realize of course that there were 3 stages to Rome (kingdom, republic and empire), right? And nobody said it was perfect, humans are by definition imperfect beings, but it was damn good for its age.

3. I put my faith in people who know what they're doing.

That's a non-answer. I don't see why you're being evasive about it; you don't have faith or hope in your own species, to whom all your friends, family members and heroes belong. I mean, damn, when someone does something bad, humanity be evil, when he does something good, God had something to do with it.

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards

Also, a Republic is a state not let by hereditary monarchy where the people who compose that state has at least a measure of power. Seeing as how God can't die, I don't see why you favor the term God's Kingdom over God's Republic.

See, the problem with the analogies you guys come up with is that you always compare something painless and short to things which involve torture, injustice and death.

Furthermore, you're treating humans in your example like mere objects. You might as well pose the question "If god was real, why does he permit his possessions to take damage?", because that's what it's communicating. Why? Because, in your example at least, this is all to prove a point between 2 superior beings (God and Satan) over who has the right to own what.

A teacher would say "Believe what you will, but I'm not letting you use my students as an experiment to prove a point. It'll affect their education, they might flunk and it'll gain no one anything".

I'd rather prove the bad student wrong for ALL spectators to see so they wouldn't question me again, and THEN get rid of the student.

God can't have angels and people saying, "well, gee, ya know? Maybe Satan was right. Maybe we CAN rule ourselves without God. And that, my dear friend Pho, is why anything unpleasent is taking place at the moment. If you are on God's side when the right time comes, everything unpleseant will be done away with."Every need will be satisfied."

Last edited:

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the LORD came upon David in power. Samuel 16:13

So Samuel is King of God's Kingdom? Swell.

I'd rather prove the bad student wrong for ALL spectators to see so they wouldn't question me again, and THEN get rid of the student.

You did not deny what I said. Am I to understand that I hit the nail on the head; that we are nothing but possessions, playthings, and that people being raped, tortured, murdered and suffering all over the world are a much lesser issue to God and Satan than proving a point is?

Again, teachers don't let their students hit their other students with whips, even if the student thinks that's the best way to teach.

I'm curious, what does all this gain anyone? God and Satan are merely in it to prove a point, humans suffer all over, some more than others, so who stands to gain in this so-called battle?

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
So Samuel is King of God's Kingdom? Swell.

You did not deny what I said. Am I to understand that I hit the nail on the head; that we are nothing but possessions, playthings, and that people being raped, tortured, murdered and suffering all over the world are a much lesser issue to God and Satan than proving a point is?

Again, teachers don't let their students hit their other students with whips, even if the student thinks that's the best way to teach.

I'm curious, what does all this gain anyone? God and Satan are merely in it to prove a point, humans suffer all over, some more than others, so who stands to gain in this so-called battle?

All of this is to prove to Satan and us humans who obviously do not get it, that we cannot do well without God. All of our suffering is yes, to prove a point. That point is that we cannot do it alone. As I said, time is need to prove ANY point. I'm sorry if you see it any other way. In fact, there is no other way. God is perfect in all his ways and activity. If you have the wrong the view with him then it is you with the problem. Besides, God promises to fix all of Satan's mess through Crist's Messianic Kingdom, so we on God's side wins.

If you have such a problem with being raped and having aids so much, take up the "strong sheild of faith" and turn to God and correct teachings about him. You'' do nothing but benifit.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
What do you believe God's Kingdom to be? In Matthew 6:9,10, Jesus teaches his followers to pray. In that prayer it says,"...Let your kingdom come."

Daniel 2:44-And in the days of those kings the god of heaven set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. The kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms and it itself will stand to times indefinite.

Going all New Testament here:

God's Kingdom, despite the literalistic interpretations here, refers to the people. See, Jesus' teachings were all about what was really important about people's faith. Sure, he talks about a specific religion, but look at his old "mustard seed" analogy. Jesus talks about how the faith should be like the mustard seed, a common, annoying weed in that era, something that's seemingly impossible to uproot and get rid of, basically Jesus being topical about the Romans. It's more about remaining steadfast not just in a religious standpoint per se, but extends to the community. Judaism was much more like a community than a widespread religion as we know it today.

In short it very much reminds me of the closing lines from The Grapes of Wrath: Ma Joad: "Rich fellas come up an' they die, an' their kids ain't no good an' they die out. But we keep a'comin'. We're the people that live. They can't wipe us out; they can't lick us. We'll go on forever, Pa, 'cause we're the people."

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
Going all New Testament here:

God's Kingdom, despite the literalistic interpretations here, refers to the people. See, Jesus' teachings were all about what was really important about people's faith. Sure, he talks about a specific religion, but look at his old "mustard seed" analogy. Jesus talks about how the faith should be like the mustard seed, a common, annoying weed in that era, something that's seemingly impossible to uproot and get rid of, basically Jesus being topical about the Romans. It's more about remaining steadfast not just in a religious standpoint per se, but extends to the community. Judaism was much more like a community than a widespread religion as we know it today.

In short it very much reminds me of the closing lines from The Grapes of Wrath: Ma Joad: "Rich fellas come up an' they die, an' their kids ain't no good an' they die out. But we keep a'comin'. We're the people that live. They can't wipe us out; they can't lick us. We'll go on forever, Pa, 'cause we're the people."

Wait... Im quite confused on what you're saying. Are you saying it's not a literal kingdom[Daniel 2:44] that will overthrow the current ones? One that Jesus isn't the King of? Of that peace will reign supreme while all its inhabitants are united?

Remember, the Jews rejected Jesus, therefore that invite is offered to ALL peoples of the nation. Matt 28:19- "Go therefore and make deciples of peoples of all the nations..."

Last edited:

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
So we're ignoring "The Kingdom of God is at hand" are we?

That is very close. The Mustard Seed wasn't an annoying weed, really. It's just that a mustard seed (especially the ones they used) are about the size of the head of a pin. So they are these really really small things, which really helps the purpose of its respective parable.

What I've been taught (which is from a scholar that studied with Raymond Brown, who was an elite biblical scholar of his time) is that the Kingdom of God is the resurrection of the people starting with Jesus Christ. Mind you, resurrection does not mean resuscitation. Resurrection, as this mentor described and most scholars agree, is a transformation of a more complete faith in YHWH.

Next, for the love of Sleipnir stop taking Prophetic books matching them with the Gospels. Because one prophetic book said this doesn't mean that the prophecy is correct, the evangelists who wrote the damn Gospels take the imagery and sayings from Prophetic books as well as other Old Testament texts to emphasize their points/describe who Jesus is (a writing technique called midrash), not to prove the Prophetic books right on said "prediction."

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
emot-suicide.gif

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
All of this is to prove to Satan and us humans who obviously do not get it, that we cannot do well without God. All of our suffering is yes, to prove a point. That point is that we cannot do it alone. As I said, time is need to prove ANY point. I'm sorry if you see it any other way. In fact, there is no other way. God is perfect in all his ways and activity. If you have the wrong the view with him then it is you with the problem. Besides, God promises to fix all of Satan's mess through Crist's Messianic Kingdom, so we on God's side wins.

The bold part is all I needed to know. Kinda proves the whole "cosmic chess" thing right. God and Satan are chess players, the world is their pieces.

If you have such a problem with being raped and having aids so much, take up the "strong sheild of faith" and turn to God and correct teachings about him. You'' do nothing but benifit.

The victim can take up the strong shield of faith to protect himself from murder and rape? Damn, we've been going about this crime thing the wrong way.

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
You do not seem to understand the importance of the point being made. It is a point being made against people like you, Pho.

We need God's guidance and rulership. Yet you don't want it. In a since, those with that view deserve what they get. I don't see why you think him proving that point is so bad. Its the ONLY option he had or his actions would have been questioned.

If he had've destroyed Adam and Eve and started from scratch, what would that say about him to the Angels? If he had've given them a second chance and not kept his word, what would that have said about his position?

The whole reason Eve ate the forbidden fruit is because she wanted to rule herself. Okay..she's done that now we are seeing what has become of that. Really, what else do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back