• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

God of War

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
God_of_War_logo.png

God of War is an action-adventure video game series loosely based on Greek mythology, created by David Jaffe. Debuting in 2005, the series has become a flagship title for the PlayStation brand, consisting of seven games across multiple platforms. An eighth installment is currently in development; it will be a soft reboot for the series and will be loosely based on Norse mythology. The series' story centers around its playable character, Kratos, a Spartan warrior tricked into killing his wife and daughter by his former master, the God of War, Ares. Kratos kills Ares at the behest of the goddess Athena and takes his place as the new God of War, but is still haunted by the nightmares of his past. Revealed to be a demigod and the son of Zeus, the King of the Olympian Gods who betrays Kratos, the Spartan then seeks revenge against the gods for their machinations. What follows is a series of attempts to free himself from the influence of the gods and the Titans and exact revenge. Each game chapter forms part of a saga with vengeance as a central motif. - wiki

[video=youtube;CJ_GCPaKywg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_GCPaKywg[/video]​

Figured I'd give it its own thread, since now interest seems to have piqued incredibly given the new direction the series will be going now based on its E3 showing last week. I'm sure many of new fans based on the new trailer haven't played the original games, and likely won't feel interested, but I do highly recommend doing so. They are very fun hack n slash titles, and I had a blast getting into this series a few years back. You can get the Saga bundle on PS3 for dirt cheap right now and that'll have everything you need. They're not as deep as this new one is seeming to look like but you should have a fun ride.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
The theory I like the most about who Kratos' son is would be the theory that his son is Ullr, a prominent hunter god and the son of Sif and stepson of Thor. Ullr's father is not recorded in Norse mythology. Seems like the perfect setup for conflict between Kratos and Thor.

Also, did they ever say what happened to Athena? All I remember is her being pissed that she didn't get the powers of the Blade of Olympus at the end of the 3rd game.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Ooh, I really like that theory. Where'd you hear that? I can only wonder what would've happened to the mom then.

And Athena was left alive at the end of 3, she just walks away after he impales himself.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Here is a really short "trailer" showcasing combat from PGW.

[video=youtube;yBz4SzGuo7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBz4SzGuo7Q[/video]

The game looks super polished. For some reason, I'm slightly annoyed by the character and personality of Kratos' son. He just seems like a little shit to me....then again, he came from Kratos.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Here is a really short "trailer" showcasing combat from PGW.

[video=youtube;yBz4SzGuo7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBz4SzGuo7Q[/video]

The game looks super polished. For some reason, I'm slightly annoyed by the character and personality of Kratos' son. He just seems like a little shit to me....then again, he came from Kratos.

I like the idea of the kid occasionally calling stuff out to you since your typically awareness in GoW is reduced due to the new camera, but good lord he really didn't stop talking, and he was really loud on top of that. Maybe it's a weird complaint, and I love the contrast in personalities with Kratos, but I kinda hope he isn't this wired the entire game. Everything else looks dope.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Release date leaked on Chile's store to be March 22, the same day the original came out. It is on a Thursday, but I'd fully expect it to be sometime that week.

image.jpg

Recon

Art of War
Awards
[video=youtube;jCB36uNrZ9I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCB36uNrZ9I[/video]

Releasing April 20th, 2018

Recon

Art of War
Awards
z3ZK2Z7k

PS4 Pro bundle announced. Sort of boring if you ask me..

Sdog

Awards
Damn. Who would've thought? I knew I was going to be picking it up since announcement but now it can't come sooner!

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Looks good. I never played any of the other GOW games, they all looked fun, I just never had the time considering all the other games I was well invested in. Going by the trailer and story synopsis, it seems this like a new beginning in the franchise, so I shouldn't get lost story wise, and the gameplay tends to drive the game more than the story (not that the story isn't important or anything).

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Looks like Patch 1.20 was rolled out today.

This should include:
1. Photo mode
2. Ability to change font sizes

So how is the game? I keep hearing raving comments, but haven't heard much from here. It's still on my list for wanted games.

Sdog

Awards
Loved it. GOTY, so far though the competition hasn't really started yet. I always wanted to like God of War but Kratos as a character always turned me off. This new take on him is a warm welcome addition and plays even better with the kid and the rest of the cast. Just when you think the gameplay is getting formulaic, you either unlock new skills or upgrade something that instantly freshens everything up and keeps you going. And again as someone who never got deep into the franchise before, this entry doesn't forget its past. It's well woven into the narrative and a true sequel/reboot w/o spoiling anything.

Instantly a PS4 must play. Though while I don't have a spot for it in my top whatever list, it would be right above Horizon: Zero Dawn. Don't want to hype anything up but do yourself a favor and get this in your library.

shady543

Awards
^ My thoughts are basically this. Also I'm legit praying that if I have a son it's basically Atreus because BOI, YOU ARE PRECIOUS.

I think this game and Persona 5 are my favourite ps4 exclusives.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I liked it. Some of those Valkyries caused a stress wrinkle or two, but I wiped them all out. Now, I'm just trying to wrap up any loose ends before I set the game on the hardest setting (I started out on hard for a challenge).

Recon

Art of War
Awards
This might be the first game I ever Platinum. That's how much I love this game.

SCRATCH: I just got Platinum and 100% every map.

Nice dude! Congrats! I hear it's fairly easy to get and totally worth it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
God of War is getting New Game+, releasing on August 20th

Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armours, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.

Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves.

Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.

Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customisation options with extremely powerful new armour sets and enchantments.

Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.

Source

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
God of War is getting New Game+, releasing on August 20th

Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armours, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.

Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves.

Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.

Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customisation options with extremely powerful new armour sets and enchantments.

Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.

Source

YESSSSSSS

getting a pro next month and i have little free time/a backlog i’m trying to cut down on so this’ll wait until i can play it in defining form. so fucking excited i wish you guys knew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back