• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Go Ask Alice (Anonymous)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTX

Gee Tee Ecks
I recently got done reading the book Go ask Alice. It was recommended to me by a friend to read it. Basically, it was about a girl who uses drugs, who also kept a diary. The book is entirely made up of what she wrote down. In the beginning i found it boring, just normal teenage drama. It got more interesting towards the middle of the book (spoilers.) when she decided to keep a second diary, and tried to fit in with old life. The threats, struggle to do drugs, and ultimately when she went into the mental hospital got my interest.(end of spoiler). It got really confusing on some parts of the book, when she was complaining about something and we didn't even know what happened in the first place. Overall I saw it as a decent thing to read, I was wondering what other opinions people had on this book.

Website
www.freewebs.com
I read it for English class. Recommended, and well, forced onto us by our teacher, I don't regret reading it. Reminds me of some people I know, who happened to have ended up the same way she did, but slightly different in each situation. I think this book is a good example of what can happen to those of you who do drugs and such, and deny the possibility of getting addicted, or worse. She thought the same, progressed, and yeah, spoiler.

A lot of critics argue that an author made the whole story up, partly for the idea of writing it, and partly to hopefully influence others by her story, while other critics say that Alice was a real girl who wrote the diary, then died, and the author took this diary and merely made a story out of it. The truth will never be known, I think, and sometimes I can't make up my mind as to what I'd rather believe. To believe that it happened is somewhat sad, while believing it didn't is sad in knowing that it was all false, after having to go through all the emotions of reading the story.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
I remember seeing the book at my school library but it didn't look to interesting,next time I have the chance I'll read it and post what I thought here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back