• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Glasses

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluephenix

Dont worry mate, glasses are just one of those thing that comes into people lives sooner or later, kinda like braces when you younger or something like that, your turn will com, lol

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I so want contacts! Anyway, glasses are fine and nothing to be ashamed about except if you wore round Harry Potter glasses like I once did then yeah, lol! Anyway, it's fine, it just something you put on to help your eyes better, just take them off if you're gonna shower, go jump into the pool, think you're gonna lose it at some amusement park ride, and or sleeping. Contacts will help at those time though. But yeah, glasses are alright. Just make sure they aren't too comfortable, tight, or lose, because then they would fall and all. And transition lense is a pretty sweet feature. Or whatever they're called. I'm glad to have them...lol. XD

Last edited:

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
aww, glasses aren't so bad.

when I got them, people said I looked smarter.
not sure if that was a compliment.
._.

Just be sure to clean them and don't drop them on hard floors.

T

Tattered Rebirth

Thankyou everyone for your suggestions...it's a pity about my eyes, apparently they are only going to get worse QUICKLEY!! Glasses now for only reading things and watching things but he said they will get worse and I will have to put them on more often as the years fly by.

That's normally how it goes as the years progress. Except it's normally pretty slow.

Awards
I wear glasses and I'm fairly indifferent to it.

Two words of advice; invest some money into one of those special microfiber cleaning cloths because it beats the hell out of having to wipe them on your shirt every hour or so, and be patient with your glasses because your eyes have to adjust to them and at first you probably won't notice much of a difference in your vision.

Oh, and for ****s sake, don't let them get scratched.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Glasses aren't really all that bad. I've been wearing them since the 3rd grade and they've been pretty useful. I was at first supposed to use them for reading only, but then I had to wear them all the time. Might get contact lenses soon, but only if my mom dubs me "Responsible Enough"

They don't take too long to get used to, it's like getting used to a new school or something like that. Once you've worn them so long, not wearing them would be COMPLETELY different. Basically every year, you get a new pair of lenses that'll increase your vision up until you decided to get contacts (at least that's how it is for me).

My advice, if they're available where you get glasses, try and get the Transition Lenses. They change from ordinary lenses into sunglass lenses when you go out into UV light. You won't even notice the change unless somebody tells you or you look in a mirror after coming out of the sun.

Also, don't forget the lens cleaner. Trust me, you will see all sorts of odd and nasty particles in your vision if you don't clean them at least 1-4 a week.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I just went to the optometrist a week ago, and my eyes were much worse than my current glasses could handle. So, I now have new glasses and have to wear them all the time, save for sleeping, reading, or typing at the computer. Honestly, they aren't too bad at all. Most of the time, you get so used to them that you just forget that they're there.

I'm considering getting contacts next year. The only reason I didn't this year is because we couldn't afford them. But I honestly look better without glasses, so I'd rather have contacts, at least to test them out. I've talked with people who have worn them and they say that contacts aren't irritating or anything. Apparently, for the first few weeks, it feels weird, but you get used to it.

Anyway, glasses aren't too bad at all. There can be downsides, depending on how you look at it, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Glasses are easy, you just can't be rough with them.

If they move up and down your nose, get them tightened. If a screw comes out, either put it back in and tighten it yourself, or get it fixed by someone like Wal-Mart. It doesn't cost much at all.

Trust me, I'm blind in one eye, I've worn them all my life.

bubbles

I just got glasses last year they really aren't that bad and plus they help your eyes out that is good.The only bad thing I can think of is when you need to itch your eyes or something you have to take them off xD.If you don't want glasses you should ask if you can get contacts.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I don't find anything wrong with glasses.
I've worn them since I was about 5...or earlier can't remember.

But yeah, no problems. Infact last time I went to the opticians they said my eyes were getting better.
Screws can be a bitch if they fall out, I remember once all someone did was jump on my back, a screw popped out along with the lens haha.

I probably won't get contacts, don't think I look that good without glasses.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
well i have been wearing glasses and long as i can remember and it has never bothered me. Maybe its because i got use to it during my JR. high years, or somewhere in that time frame. Well if your site is not good like if you need to clench your eyes to see something clearly then you will need glasses. So i would recommend that you try it out for about 2-3 years and if you can't handle it then get contacts but if you do you do you will need to take good care of them because contacts have to be cleaned almost everyday that is why i don't have them , but if your mom doesn't let you have contacts then just get use to glasses if you have to get them.

Aruferu

Wearing Glasses....Yeah, I wear glasses, and i got pretty used to it, usually...us asians, glasses have fashion statements.
It's like, Glasses make you look hot in asia, just need time to get used to it.

Star Light

Star Light-Star Bright
Well do you know you need glasses? Everyone thought I neeed glasses when my eyes started acting weird. I went for the test and didn't need them. Here I am today read the third from the bottum line. At the distance they make me stand. So don't worry. I was so nervous when I went because I don't like glasses. Not even sun glasses. I was safe. No glasses. It did turn out I had pink eye that wasn't super bad. We never found out until the eye exam.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
You grow into them really fast, so much so that people wont be able to imagine you without them

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
For some reason when you mentioned Asians wearing glasses, I saw an Asian librarian with those thick rimmed glasses. . .

XD

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I had glasses and hated them. Switched to contacts and it so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back