• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Glasses inquiry

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
I've been wearing glasses since I was a teenager, bout 12 years now. I get a new pair every year, except my old pair, which I had for over two years. Since they were a couple years old, the subscription for the new glasses I just got is a bit stronger.

I've been getting headaches since I got 'em (3 days ago). It's never happened before but since the subscription increase is bigger than it's been before, I figure my eyes are just getting used to the adjustment.

My question is, how long should I wait to see if the headaches stop before I go back and take the glasses back for inspection?

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
For anything like this, I try and wait for about two weeks, tops. If it continues past that, then you wanna take them back for inspection.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
For me it took about a day to get adjusted to my new stronger glasses. It probably varies depending on the person and the strength of the lenses.
I'd go and check things after a week of headaches already, though.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I spent about two weeks with my glasses that were driving me crazy. The prescription was too strong. (One of my eyes is very nearsighted, and one of them is very farsighted, so it seems this prescription gave me ultra sharp vision in both at once and made it hard for my eyes to coordinate). I could see with them, but I guess the best way I could describe it was a perpetual feeling of that odd focusing/recovery process your eyes do when immediately trying to look at something in specific after opening your eyes. It was hard to get my eyes to focus on specific things. That, and a mix of headache and dizziness.

They changed one of the lenses to a weaker, previous prescription and now I'm fine and see clearer than ever, so if it bothers you too long, just ask them to look over the prescription again.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I guess everyone is different. Best thing I can suggest, if you experience it for an extended period of time, ask your doctor about it.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
About two weeks seems to be the consensus everywhere I ask. Guess Ill wait for next weekend to see if the headaches stop.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back