• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Give Type-0 a second chance?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veevee

Awards
Hey guys!
I wanted to know whether I should retry Type-0 ... I really can't come to a solution. I have played it for like 5-6 hours a while ago but couldn't get into it. I like the whole setting, the academy and the war-thingy sound promising, but I had a real problem with a lot of other things. There are far too many characters to distinguish them properly (imo), the combat is clunky, the world map war scenes are awful and I just couldn't get any fun out of this. I'm not trying to bash the game, I loved the Manga about Kurasame and I see potential in this, so I'm curious about whether it gets better or I would play hours of hours just to feel that I have wasted my time in the end. Your thoughts?

SoulXaldin

Awards
I've played through this game once and I can say that giving it a second chance would be a good choice. I personally believe that Type-0 should be enjoyed for its story more than its gameplay because its emphasize on war and dark edge make it stand out amongst other Final Fantasy and should provide an incentive for the casual FF fan to check it out. And I can understand that on the gameplay side of things, things are a little tedious, clunky and over-bearing, but it should be noted that grinding is a prominent factor that allows you to level up your characters to the point where they become borderline broken *cough*Rem*cough*, and you should be able to get used to the gameplay once you're far enough. Besides that, the game does have some replay quality to it and there are a lot of things to do in subsequent playthroughs once you finish the game the first time and there are several side quests to keep you occupied. Back to story aspects, dialogue between certain NPCs is sort of engaging because certain NPC's do have individual characteristics and its fun to see the scenarios that unfold. This argument may be be a little unfocused, but I do believe you should give this game another chance.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Two things that have to be definitely kept in mind are

1st the game is designed as such that several important things both story-wise and equipment/item-wise are only available during a second playthrough and
2nd that Type-0 has a world-focused narrative for its story, not a character-driven one.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
I initially played the Japanese demos years ago & picked up the fan translation when it was released, as well as the Collectors edition of the HD PS4 release. I HIGHLY enjoy Type-0, however it didn't translate well to console. This is gonna sound rediculouse but if you have a PSP then hacking it & dling the fan translation is imo the best way to go. Its a technical marvel on PSP. it's lackluster on PS4....

Last edited:
Awards
I think Type-0 is a fantastic game. I wish it was a little longer, but the story is very good and each character provides a different experience of gameplay which I really enjoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back