• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Give Me Space So I Can Breathe (WIP?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
spashe_zpscf941709.jpg

I don't know if it needs more. It feels done, but I feel like I also need to do more.

Awards
it seems a bit sparse, but nowadays when I look at these kinds of things there's no real way to critique them

i mean it's just play and experimentation for yourself i gather, so you're done when you think you're done. ask yourself why you did it and what you wanted to get out of it, and that's all that really matters. these are a great way to learn new skills and test things out, so don't hold back, just go nuts, there's nothing to lose

anyway, why the jump back into things now? you left for a few years as i recall

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Thanks for the comments. It was a brushing experiment, considering I was really rusty with photoshop. I kind of wanted to add text or something but my typography isn't the best so I don't want to risk it.

I left a few years back because of a couple reasons. Back when I left (2009 or so?) KHI was hiring (lol) new moderators for this section which I frequented very often. I was running my own shop, making tutorials, yada yada yada. Didn't get the mod position and got butthurt. I didn't give up photoshop or whatever, but I did get less encouraged to come here.

Also school, social life, etc. I'm just back because it's a community I know (more or less). I'mma try to frequent more often.

Did you happen to have a name change? I might remember you.

Awards
ah, I see

I know what it's like. I don't visit often anymore, just been lurking a bit lately. The section's not as active as it used to be, which is a bit sad. I remember the shops/clans, there used to be a great little community here. I remember people like you, C4strife, Mikail, MF, BB, etc.

And yeah, I started back as auron10_KING.dvx or something, then The Scarecrow for most of the time. After you and the older guys left I ran this section with Darky Dee, _tux, Raito, Silh, etc. Tried to keep it alive for a while, but eventually school and life got in the way, and it's sort of dwindled down since. Pablo and a few others seem to have tried to keep it going, but it's pretty quiet now.

I'm a working designer now, but I trace my roots back to here, so I try to come back every now and then and offer advice/see how things are going when I can.

I don't really tag or LP anymore, but looking back they're an invaluable form of experimentation. There's nobody client with restrictions or necessary formats, it's totally up to you. You can do whatever you want with no risk whatsoever, so don't feel insecure about not being good with type or something. Tags and LPs are the perfect ​place to practice things.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Oh, damn. I DO remember you. More so as auron10_king.dvx. That's so great.

I'm sad to see how slow the graphics community is here. It used to be so busy! I remember when guys like Hellprk, Envyme2x, laath, jmbiddy, Oathkeeper, DD, tux, Raito, and more were pumping shit out daily.

That's sick to hear you're a working designer! I wanted to go in that direction, but I went to school for psychology (don't regret it at all).

Like I said, I'm gonna try to post stuff up every couple of days, comment on everything and such. It may not be like it was back in the day, but it's better than nothing.

And thanks for the tips. I'll try my hand at typo with the next piece.

Awards
Ah man, it was people like envy and laathe who got me into things in the first place! I remember the others, as well. Oathkeeper had such a high reputation, haha. She stuck around for a while. DD and tux helped me run SotW for a good length of time. Tux is still here as , he's got a thread here a few days old with his new portfolio in it, worth a look.

Psychology, that's great! I just learned another of my friends from here is studying that now as well. I like that you're getting back into it as a hobby. Saw your shop thread, hope it goes well. If I ever get the time for anything, I'll try and kick the sotw back into action.

And no worries. Just let loose and have fun with it. I'll come by every now and then, keep an eye for your posts.

C4strife

Gee Gee Gee Gee Gee
Awards
Website
www.boajjang.com
Hey I remember you! Long time no see.
As for your LP. I think you did a great job with the brushing. I would have liked to see you try some text somewhere as it seems a bit empty. Also I don't know if it's my bad laptop screen but I'm not sure how I like how the purplish/pinkish area extends out at the end. Seems kind of abrupt.
But ya nice to see you back. (at least you didn't change your name like everyone else)

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Thanks a bunch for the crit though. I think it's just some brushing that I didn't cover up completely. My laptop is on it's brightest setting and it's a little tough to see, but good eye for catching it.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
Pablo and a few others seem to have tried to keep it going, but it's pretty quiet now.

I'm trying to figure out why we have gone such a long time with out any activity. Usually it will go down and then pop right back up, but its just a steady decline now.

As for the piece, I think it's got a nice bit of potential if you can add more to the design. I'm a little iffy on the light source though. Try blending it more by throwing some blues or dark purples over it.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I'm trying to figure out why we have gone such a long time with out any activity. Usually it will go down and then pop right back up, but its just a steady decline now.

• Davey posted he's been swamped, he's been pursuing his major in visual effects, specifically as a Lighter.
  • Amphetamine's in his first year at SCAD
  • xD you post from time to time, but to be expected you're also a college student.
  • I haven't made anything digital in a while, been more focused on my traditional medium for the time being, but will try to post more as my semester starts since I will do more digital work.
  • Cloud/Eliwood pretty much stopped posting altogether
  • Spiff/Tayroar fell off the bus with digital mediums and focused more on his major as a pre-med, but does help Ajaxx with the main site.
  • Gamegirl visits every so often
  • Vox/Superbia/CME haven't really posted much in the main section in recent times.
  • Most of the people inhabiting the shops are even on slow activity
  • Apple Jaxx works mostly with the main site and does two other jobs, and rather than tag when he's free I'm sure he'd prefer to relax with an alternative xD.
  • Enri stopped visiting for a while.
  • Salty The Hero/Disaster hasn't really made much of anything, he pops in to "lol" then quietly fade into obscurity.
  • Sean. Uh...yeah.
  • Oberon post's some of his behance stuff every now and again.
  • Malibu, more or less the same, it's rare I've seen him. He's probably still upset about the stigma that he's getting older lol.
  • Dawninmyheart & Witch of Space, I really only remember their avatar threads.
  • KB/Keybreaker - went inactive for sometime now. If I had to guess, college student.
  • Issac/Duskk - went inactive a while ago.
  • Kambria - banned.
  • Sir Jecht - went inactive years ago.

Thats pretty much been the section since like 2009-present respectively. If you count Hellpark's contributions, the handicap battles, and sotw (and other competitions). Tag worm was the last community event we had, and we didn't really get to finish it. The last finished secret santa we had was the one I hosted xD.

As for Cloud_Unchained, I remember you from the older days of the section, but unfortunately I don't think I was doing graphics when you were active, haha. For a second i thought you were Mercury Rain xD

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Damn. Funny, I left in 2009. I guess I missed on that party.

Well, I'm down to have an active graphics community again. I hoped to see a lot of people around coming back to these forums.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
I think what the problem is, is that no one posts. People come here and lurk. If you look at the 'members who have read this thread' at the bottom, there are quite a bit of people down there usually. People still show up..just to lurk.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
  • Spiff/Tayroar fell off the bus with digital mediums and focused more on his major as a pre-med, but does help Ajaxx with the main site.

don't remind people of me!!! they'll start to have expectations!

Awards
That sounds familiar, but I don't really remember. Wouldn't surprise me though, he always seemed like a bit of a douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back