• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Girl Meets World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
‘Girl Meets World’ — Boy Meets World Sequel Series at Disney Channel - TVLine

First they buy LucasFilm and now this? Disney's on a roll lmao.

As the article said, the show's going to be titled "Girl Meets Word" as it focuses on Topanga's and Corey's teenage daughter. They're currently working on getting Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel to return. Since the show is at its early development stages, they have not released other cast information.

I'm not sure where I stand on this. For one thing, it's going to be on Disney Channel. How they're going to handle this is beyond me.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Re: Disney Considering "Boy Meets World" Sequel Series

I liked it because it had a genuinely good sense of humor, and strong cast of characters. If they continue that trend, sure why not. Not sure how many kids watching Disney today would GET that it's a sequel, though. Unless they're still airing reruns or Boy Meets World.

Gram

Banned
Awards

wow on a roll indeed lol.
remember watching boy meets world as a kid thought it was funny, loved when (whats his name) would go outside and yell for Mr. fennie lol.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Never watched the show based on my childhood bias of not watching anything that isn't animated.

If I was a kid nowadays I would hate the Disney Channel.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I used to love this show when I was a kid. Hell, I still do. I catch the reruns on ABC Family all the time. I wonder if they'll keep the name "Beverly" for her or go for something entirely different.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

I don't think the current Disney would be ballsy enough to tackle the more serious subject matters Boy Meets World did.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I saw this a couple of days ago and was honestly surprised that Disney was thinking of doing a sequel to Boy Meets World. I'm very curious as to what made them interested in doing it because it seemed pretty out of left field.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

wow on a roll indeed lol.
remember watching boy meets world as a kid thought it was funny, loved when (whats his name) would go outside and yell for Mr. fennie lol.

That would have been Eric and I hope both he and Feeny return. Easily my two favorite characters from that show. :3

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

FEE-HEE-HEE-HEE-NEY!

i must hear this in the new series, i must

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

Not sure if should be excited or scared?

Yeah, I just don't know what to say about this. The inner-child of me is hoping this would be along the lines of the original series, but maybe a bit toned down. I just don't see that happening, sadly. Seriously, when you really think about it, Disney is too afraid to go beyond the boundaries like they did in the 90s. The only reason Boy Meets World did so good was because of how little the censorship the 90s was at. If Disney really wants this to work out, they would be smart to put it on Disney XD, or ABC Family. Heck, maybe shoot for a main network like ABC or something. At least then this would have a chance. However, I really don't see this even lasting if it somehow gets to the part of development of it being picked up. I will remain hopeful, though.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!

I love this idea, I really do. However, I do not see it having the same level of maturity if it airs on Disney Channel. If they put it on ABC or ABC Family, then I'm ALL for it. Also, they NEED to have Feeny be the daughter's teacher. It's only fitting. Also, Eric needs to be brought back on. Just for the nostalgia.

There are a lot of plots they can open up with bringing back old cast members and new ones. Let's just hope Disney knows why BMW was so successful, AND let's hope they don't turn this into a cash cow where the actress playing the daughter becomes an international superstar like the other spawns of Disney.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Feeny was old, even back then. I REALLY doubt he'd be up for reprising his role almost two decades later.

Technically, the last season was only 12 years ago, so not almost 2 decades. And plenty of actors keep working despite age.
I'm not asking for a starring role or anything, a single episode return would just be nice.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

Feeny was old, even back then. I REALLY doubt he'd be up for reprising his role almost two decades later.
He's got a recurring role in the latest season of Grey's Anatomy, at the moment, so he's still working. It wouldn't be impossible.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I liked BMW because it was the most down to earth sitcom almost ever. If Disney does the series justice, they'll have to cast good actors and abandon their often garish and incredibly set designs for their current "comedies". As much as I am for out-of-the-box creative interior decor, no house ever looks like that and it's not easy on the eyes. Sticking to visuals closer to the original show would be a huge step in the right direction.

Tonally though, the series would be more at home on ABC Family. I just hope that it's up to the same standards.

He's got a recurring role in the latest season of Grey's Anatomy, at the moment, so he's still working. It wouldn't be impossible.

He's also got that fake youtube movie trailer under his belt "Ghost Titties*". I didnt watchit but there was a link on this topic on another site.

*are we allowed to say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back