• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Girl is driving me crazy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I am in an awkward situation and I'm looking for some outside opinions, from girls and guys.

I work at a restaurant and one of new my coworkers is simply amazing, a real girl next door. I've only seen her twice now and it has been pretty interesting to say the least. For starters every time she talks to me I'm addressed as babe or honey or something like that and a couple times I've been called big boy (when I'm carrying the trays to the kitchen). But the biggest thing is that 90% of the time she will place her hand on me when she says something to me.

Now I'm no expert in girls, far from it. I don't know if she is this friendly with everyone or if she is taking a fancy to me. I would love nothing more than say straight up "I love you" but I've done that once before and it was a complete disaster. So now I am hesitant to do anything and just see where it goes. Unfortunately she has said that she will be moving down south for school in a couple months and so I realize if I do want to make something serious out of this I should do it now.

Any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You've seen her...twice. Well, don't say "I love you" because that is creepy when you've only met a person twice. Ask her to go out with you one time. Get her number and email address. Talk to her of FB and get to know her. Don't rush it or anything. Take it slow, even if she is moving.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I'm having trouble telling if this one girl likes me too or not. She'll stare me in the eyes for long periods of time, say "I'm going to sit/stand next to you :)" sometimes in conversations, often talks to me when a conversation doesn't involve her, and stuff.

I don't have a problem with that. She's awesome :) it's just that her parents are cockblock of the millenium. I would have to go through hell and back just to get her brothers and family (who are the most annoying people on the face of the earth) to let me date her, so it probably wouldn't ever happen. Can't imagine being hitched to a family like that.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking your thread.

If she's moving down in a couple of months, why even bother now?

Oh and whatever you do don't say "I love you" >_>

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Zook, I've had a girl at my restaurant workplace do sort of the same thing, excluding the touching. -shrugs- More than likely, the girl likes you, but I'd be patient and get to know her first, ya know? But remember: Dating in the workplace = Possible Uber Drama.

Dogenzaka, you could try and date her, but that's your choice. If her parents are the "cockblock of the millenium," you better rush in with guns blazing.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Okay, first of all, girls call pretty much everyone "babe or honey". So don't read too much into that.

Second: You've met her twice and want to say "I love you" Yeah, I doubt you actually know what love is. If anything, you've got yourself a little crush.

Third: Placing you hands on someone when talking, in fact touching someone in general is the biggest indicator that you want to be close to them. You know how people have comfort zones? Well most people know not to just touch people at random when they barely know each other because of those comfort zones. So when girls and guys often randomly touch each other (suprise hugs and all that), they're basically saying "I want to be closer to you" It really just means they like you (Read: like, not love).
Either that or she's has a thing with touching people where she must touch everyone. Like OCD or something. I'd say observe her and see if she does this to anyone else.

Fourth: She's moving away in a couple of months right? Right! So if you really think you're up for a long distance relationship, then go for it. But if you will have no time to see her in person, then it's not worth it. Not being able to see the person you like/love is really dreadful. So yeah, if you can do with a long distance relationship, then do it. If not, just go on a couple of dates and leave it at that. Maybe have some sex.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Reading all of your comments the consensus is definitely to not say I love you and don't look into any of it too seriously. Like I said I'm not even considering saying anything at the moment b/c that has back fired in the past. I appreciate the feedback.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
The only way to find out is to try to hang out with her outside of work. Just get her number and ask her on a date.

Oh yeah and if that works, on said date do not say "I love you"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back